Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.4

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Three are typically three rounds of interviews for professional positions. There is an initial screening with a committee of diverse employees. Then, there is an interview with the specific department. Finally, there is a one-on-one with the department head.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience that made me qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple. You just apply through teacher match and wait to be contacted by principals. Schools will usually contact teachers within a few days to arrange an interview.

Secondary Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I meet one on one with principal through a recommendation. He was friendly and upfront and offered job on the spot. He did most of the talking but allowed time for questions and gave background to schools current needs.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Takes forever. There are only a few times a year that the positions are open so you have to keep checking the website. Once you finally apply, it takes about 4 months to get through the system.

Interview Questions

• How do we know the students will be safe in your presence?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

There's no point of becoming a teacher anymore because of the Annual Contact. The Union only protects veteran teachers. Basically, you're given termination notice of your contract ending on June 5th in February. When you're let go, you have to redo your fingerprinting and drug test each year. There's no stability in the teaching profession.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement the new standards into your curriculum?   Answer Question

Coordinator III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

You submit on line the application. They screen of applications. 1st and 2nd Interviews with panels of persons. Phone call in between to advice of the next step. Then a phone call to say that you were selected.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between expense and expenditure?   1 Answer
    • What is the reason that you applied to this company?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Process now being done from the top (district) down instead of school interview. Good classroom management skills a must. You need to know how to teach in a culturally diverse community like Miami-Dade County. Becoming a temporary teacher (substitute) will get your foot in the door (if you're good at it).

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with students who constantly disrupt the class setting?   1 Answer

Secondary High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

Three interviews. First interview with School Board. Next interview was with individual administrators. Third interview was with Principal of the school

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the event two students began to fight in your class.   1 Answer

Social Studies Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Filled out paperwork, submitted fingerprints, and went to a brief interview and was assigned to a school. Worked at five schools but was only interviewed twice and both times it was the same thing. Only during those two interview was I told were I'd be working in person, the other three schools I just received a letter in the mail saying that this was my new assignment and telling me when to report.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions it was like this is what we need are you willing to do the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL).

Interview

Since I was hired so long ago, I am not sure how the process is these days. When I applied, I submitted my resume to the human resources. I was then later contacted for a face to face interview. Once I was notified that I was hired, I had to contact individual schools with my resume to see if there were any openings. I then had to interview with individual schools. With respect to applying at individual schools, you may do better to contact region offices and ask to speak to someone who is with the area you are interested in. They often have information regarding several schools.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength? What is your weakness? These are always difficult questions to ask as you do not know how the employer wants you to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it is a set pay scale.