Miami Dade Public Schools

Updated May 18, 2014

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teacher Interview

Process now being done from the top (district) down instead of school interview. Good classroom management skills a must. You need to know how to teach in a culturally diverse community like Miami-Dade County. Becoming a temporary teacher (substitute) will get your foot in the door (if you're good at it).

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with students who constantly disrupt the class setting?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Miami Dade Public Schools

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Since I was hired so long ago, I am not sure how the process is these days. When I applied, I submitted my resume to the human resources. I was then later contacted for a face to face interview. Once I was notified that I was hired, I had to contact individual schools with my resume to see if there were any openings. I then had to interview with individual schools.
    With respect to applying at individual schools, you may do better to contact region offices and ask to speak to someone who is with the area you are interested in. They often have information regarding several schools.

Interview Questions
    • What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      These are always difficult questions to ask as you do not know how the employer wants you to answer.
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as it is a set pay scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2010.

I was contacted by a former supervisor regarding an available position within a Miami Dade County Public School. The principal had previously been my grade level chair person for five years. She was in need of hiring three teachers as soon as possible. My interview process was very fast and consisted of a drug test and a quick phone screening. I was asked to start right away!

Non-existent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in May 2010.

The principal was a very nice lady that took teh time to interview me on a one on basis. We were in her office for about an hour, during this time we talked about the reason why i had decided to apply at her school and the the reason why i decided to pursue this career. Later, we talked about the open position and i was explianed what it consisted of.

Great!

Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2009.

due to teacher surplus downtown county overturned hiring in favor of teacher with greater seniority

Interview Questions

actually school was told to decline me and hire teacher with greater security in spite of my greater expertise

Teacher Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in January 2009.

Meet with school administration and department head.

Interview Questions
    • Years of experience; subjects qualified to teach; classroom management techniques.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Fixed salary and schedule.