Miami Dade Public Schools

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview Details – Since I was hired so long ago, I am not sure how the process is these days. When I applied, I submitted my resume to the human resources. I was then later contacted for a face to face interview. Once I was notified that I was hired, I had to contact individual schools with my resume to see if there were any openings. I then had to interview with individual schools.
With respect to applying at individual schools, you may do better to contact region offices and ask to speak to someone who is with the area you are interested in. They often have information regarding several schools.

Interview Question – What is your strength?
What is your weakness?
These are always difficult questions to ask as you do not know how the employer wants you to answer.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as it is a set pay scale.

Very Easy Interview

Miami Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a former supervisor regarding an available position within a Miami Dade County Public School. The principal had previously been my grade level chair person for five years. She was in need of hiring three teachers as soon as possible. My interview process was very fast and consisted of a drug test and a quick phone screening. I was asked to start right away!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Non-existent

Very Easy Interview

Homestead, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in May 2010.

Interview Details – The principal was a very nice lady that took teh time to interview me on a one on basis. We were in her office for about an hour, during this time we talked about the reason why i had decided to apply at her school and the the reason why i decided to pursue this career. Later, we talked about the open position and i was explianed what it consisted of.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Great!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teacher Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in January 2009.

Interview Details – Meet with school administration and department head.

Interview Question – Years of experience; subjects qualified to teach; classroom management techniques.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Fixed salary and schedule.

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2009.

Interview Details – due to teacher surplus downtown county overturned hiring in favor of teacher with greater seniority

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – actually school was told to decline me and hire teacher with greater security in spite of my greater expertise

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Miami Dade Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Miami Dade Public Schools Teacher interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Miami Dade Public Schools employees and interview candidates.