Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office

Updated Apr 28, 2015

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Round 1: Hypo questions, wanted me to think out loud; Round 2: Getting to know me, why I was interested with the office; Round 3: Met the State Attorney, asked me a lot of political, social questions, seemed like she wanted to know my position on important issues.

Interview Questions

• What was my view on the death penalty? What were my views on what happen in Ferguson?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for a lateral position. My first interview was with the division chief and an ASA in the division. It consisted of a very difficult criminal law hypothetical. For an hour, they asked me one question after another without giving any indication whether my answers were satisfactory or not. I did not think that I did very well and was surprised when I was called in for a second interview with the higher ups who basically asked me questions about my resume and experience. Then I came in for a third interview with the State Attorney who asked me who my favorite Supreme Court Justice was.

Interview Questions

• The hypothetical was a very complex search and seizure hypo but I don't believe that they ask everyone the same one. Be prepared to discuss criminal law.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer was very low. Based on my experience, I was able to negotiate a little higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office (Miami, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

Was told that the State of Florida is bankrupt and the interview was a just in case situation and they didnt expect to give many if any offers. (all other SAOs in Florida were very upfront concerning budget cuts and hiring.) My first interview was with two senior attorneys and was mostly an oral exam answering hypos. Recieved a call back and interviewed with another senior attorney who informed me that he finished a long trial and was tired and proceeded to sleep through the whole meeting. Needless to say I did not recieve an offer. I interned in the office for 2 years for no pay.