Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office

www.miamisao.com

Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office Assistant State Attorney Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant State Attorney Interview

Assistant State Attorney
Miami, FL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office in January 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a lateral position. My first interview was with the division chief and an ASA in the division. It consisted of a very difficult criminal law hypothetical. For an hour, they asked me one question after another without giving any indication whether my answers were satisfactory or not. I did not think that I did very well and was surprised when I was called in for a second interview with the higher ups who basically asked me questions about my resume and experience. Then I came in for a third interview with the State Attorney who asked me who my favorite Supreme Court Justice was.

Interview Question – The hypothetical was a very complex search and seizure hypo but I don't believe that they ask everyone the same one. Be prepared to discuss criminal law.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was very low. Based on my experience, I was able to negotiate a little higher salary.

Assistant State Attorney Interview

Assistant State Attorney
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office in February 2009.

Interview Details – Was told that the State of Florida is bankrupt and the interview was a just in case situation and they didnt expect to give many if any offers. (all other SAOs in Florida were very upfront concerning budget cuts and hiring.) My first interview was with two senior attorneys and was mostly an oral exam answering hypos. Recieved a call back and interviewed with another senior attorney who informed me that he finished a long trial and was tired and proceeded to sleep through the whole meeting. Needless to say I did not recieve an offer. I interned in the office for 2 years for no pay.

Worked for Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office? Contribute to the Community!