Miami Herald Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Miami Herald

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Miami Herald in March 2014.

Interview

He gave lots of advice about working in the industry. Also he gave constructive criticism of all the writing samples in the portfolio. It didn't last very long at all.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Miami Herald.

Interview

I applied to be a summer intern at the Miami Herald, and I received an invitation to interview with the newspaper in New York. My interviewer worked at El Nuevo Herald and asked me about my prior journalism experience and why I wanted to work in Miami. I'm a native Spanish speaker, and I think she was testing my knowledge of the language because she also spoke to me in Spanish.

Interview Questions

Newsroom Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Miami Herald.

Interview

(For 2012 summer internship). There was no interview, surprisingly.

Submitted resume, cover letter, and writing sample by mail late October. By mid December I received a call from one of the editors offering me the internship, with about 2 days to think it over.

Metro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Miami Herald.

Interview

Phone interview with a hiring coordinator. Very congenial but questions were not very broad, mostly about experience and city knowledge.

Senior Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miami Herald (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied via an online career service and after some months I received and email from the editor in chief to set up an interview at her office. She also sent me a writing, translation and editing test to do before our meeting. The interview went well, she started out inquiring for my experience, my skills, my preferences and salary requirements, then she went ahead to describe the nature of the job. I received no offer and honestly think that my background was a little intimidating for the editor in chief.

Interview Questions

• Which one do you feel more comfortable doing, editing of writing?   Answer Question