Miami University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Miami University.

Interview

All you need to do is take the pre-requisite classes for what ever research position you are apply for and talk to the a professor whom you are interested in their research. It is pretty fast and painless; I started the very next week. However, some professors may be different

Student Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Miami University.

Interview

You apply from the school website. This is where you post most of your information and availability. Also I believe that this was the most difficult part of the process. Working at the dining hall is the most paid job (non-manager) on campus and the easiest to get. Every other position is paid slightly over minimum wage and usually has an interview along with it. The interview usually consist of basic stereotypical interview questions.

Tour Guide Interview

Interview

3 step process: resume submit online, group interview, and then single interview

Interview Questions

• Very easy and basic questions. Asked what your favorite memory of Miami is.   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Miami University.

Interview

one interview and a resume submission

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have two roommates who do not get along   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Miami University.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process.

Student Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I applied online and just sent a resume. No cover letter was needed. I was called for an in person interview, first one on one then there was a panel. The questions were all very simple. Mostly informational

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Miami University in July 2013.

Interview

If you apply for a graduate program (master of phd), then you don't need a separate application to apply for an assistantship. I was accepted first to the school and then a professor from the graduate program contacted me by email to schedule an interview. I had a skype interview and he asked me basic questions about data structures. He then asked me about the courses that I took which I was an udergraduate student. I was accepted after two weeks to the job.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Miami University.

Interview

Online application is due by the end of the fall semester and a lot of first year students will miss this. Interview itself was rather easy and very general. Interview is designed to get to know you as a person and see why you are interested in the position rather than to test how smart you are. RA is a job that requires a good sense of ethics and moral. Make sure to present this side of your personality (if you have one).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an RA?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Very comfortable process, more of a conversation than an interview. They really take the time to get to know you and ask what you want to get out of the internship.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to get out of this experience?/What do you want to be involved with?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

I was offered a job when the manager noticed I was cleaning during business hours. I met one on one with her for about a half hour, and she asked me some brief questions. After that, I had to complete several online counseling sessions, followed by brief assessments. Overall, the experience was a very positive one.