Miami University Interview Questions in Oxford, OH

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.4

Student Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I applied online and just sent a resume. No cover letter was needed. I was called for an in person interview, first one on one then there was a panel. The questions were all very simple. Mostly informational

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Very comfortable process, more of a conversation than an interview. They really take the time to get to know you and ask what you want to get out of the internship.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to get out of this experience?/What do you want to be involved with?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

I was offered a job when the manager noticed I was cleaning during business hours. I met one on one with her for about a half hour, and she asked me some brief questions. After that, I had to complete several online counseling sessions, followed by brief assessments. Overall, the experience was a very positive one.

Assistant Professor, College Or University Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

Conference interview first, then campus visit to meet the rest of the department as well as several deans.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. You'll know immediately if you will be a good fit based on the culture you observe. There is very little smoke and mirrors here. They want to keep those they hire.   Answer Question

Student Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

I received notification for an interview via a phone call. The interview was held with a panel of a few staff and supervisors. No trick questions, all straight forward background related or behavioral. Questions regarding what you would do in a conflict, strengths and weaknesses, availability, and other scenarios related to the job that are typically asked in an interview.

Student Baker Interview

Application

Interview

there is no interview process. If you are a student, you apply online through the student jobs section and they will accept you but takes a while to hear back from them. It took about 2 weeks to even receive an email saying that I was hired and to come in to sign papers.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions, they email and tell you when to come in and sign papers, and when your first day will be. Miami can use all the full time and students they can get because they are constantly short handed, so in short, if you apply with a resume and do not have a criminal background check you will be hired.   Answer Question

Student Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Many Student Managers re-interview for the job every semester, but this depends on their business unit. This internal interview with the unit manager consists of submitting a resume and participating in a basic interview. The interview consists of reflecting on performance: areas of strength and areas of weakness. The work environment is great at the individual units. It is very high energy...you work hard, but you have fun doing it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for student jobs.

Residence Life Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in April 2009.

Interview

The Office of Residence Life prefers to take their new employees from face-to-face interviews at OPE and NASPA. I could not attend either, and was offered a phone interview instead. The people were very nice, and two people interviewed me at the same time. Before the interview, they informed me of who would be my interviewers.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in March 2008.

Interview

The phone interview was perfunctory, but followed up by a lengthier interview with the chair, who mostly talked about commitment to research, even though it's a teaching position, and a visiting one at that. I also spent time with the field chair and talked though my research.

Interview Questions

• Perhaps you saw my last article in ---- journal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't get anything, but I tried to get an RA, but that didn't work out. There essentially was no negotiation. They said, more or less, take this offer or leave it.