Miami University

Miami University Interview Questions in Oxford, OH

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Miami University.

The interview process was very simple. I applied online and just sent a resume. No cover letter was needed. I was called for an in person interview, first one on one then there was a panel. The questions were all very simple. Mostly informational

No negotiation

Assistant Professor, College Or University Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Miami University in September 2012.

Conference interview first, then campus visit to meet the rest of the department as well as several deans.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. You'll know immediately if you will be a good fit based on the culture you observe. There is very little smoke and mirrors here. They want to keep those they hire.   Answer Question

Student Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miami University in January 2012.

Many Student Managers re-interview for the job every semester, but this depends on their business unit. This internal interview with the unit manager consists of submitting a resume and participating in a basic interview. The interview consists of reflecting on performance: areas of strength and areas of weakness. The work environment is great at the individual units. It is very high energy...you work hard, but you have fun doing it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for student jobs.

Residence Life Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Miami University in April 2009.

The Office of Residence Life prefers to take their new employees from face-to-face interviews at OPE and NASPA. I could not attend either, and was offered a phone interview instead. The people were very nice, and two people interviewed me at the same time. Before the interview, they informed me of who would be my interviewers.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miami University in March 2008.

The phone interview was perfunctory, but followed up by a lengthier interview with the chair, who mostly talked about commitment to research, even though it's a teaching position, and a visiting one at that. I also spent time with the field chair and talked though my research.

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps you saw my last article in ---- journal?   View Answer
    I didn't get anything, but I tried to get an RA, but that didn't work out. There essentially was no negotiation. They said, more or less, take this offer or leave it.