Miami Valley Hospital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Environmental Technician Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Miami Valley Hospital in June 2010.

Interview Details – Just about anyone will qualify

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

Interviewed at Miami Valley Hospital

Interview Details – submitted paper application and then was called in for an interview after much follow-up communication. interviewed with HR representative then with four OR managers. After my in-person interview I followed up with HR one more time and then about a week later I received a call from HR offering me a position.

Interview Question – state your best quality   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Patient Access Representative
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Miami Valley Hospital in January 2008.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from the Human Resources department. I was notified that I had been selected to be interviewed if I was still interested. I then had a one on one interview with this same person. It was a very polite, non-threatening interview. No inappropriate questions were asked, such as age, family situation. Then I was selected for the group interview. Three persons attended, the Manager, Supervisor, former team leader from another site. It was very comfortable, conducive to giving it my best, feeling confident that I would be well received based on my former experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not experienced, nor prepared for negotiation, not given an opportunity for it.

Environmental Manager Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Miami Valley Hospital in May 2009.

Interview Details – Even though their own website stated that the only requirements for the position was an Associate degree, Bachelors degree preferred, I wasn't given the time of day because I wasn't "directly responsible for other people under me".

Interview Question – Wasn't interested in anything I had to say because they were looking for someone with management experience. This is fine but they should have simply stated that on their website.   Answer Question

Health Field Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Miami Valley Hospital in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview, very relaxed a few questions, conversation and job offer. Accepted!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Miami Valley Hosp   Answer Question

Access Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Miami Valley Hospital in August 2009.

Interview Details – All open positions are posted online and can only be applied for online. Computers are available in the HR office to those who don't have access. The process begins with computer-based tests associated with the job, such as typing speed. You then meet with an HR representative who explains the details of the position, benefits package, compensation range, and asks a few basic questions. Finally, you are interviewed by the manager of the department for which you are applying. This is much more comprehensive as the manager attempts to determine if the person is qualified and a good fit.

Interview Question – How do you feel about being critiqued and reviewed? If you make a mistake, are you comfortable with it being shared in a positive way with co-workers as a quality improvement measure?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Miami Valley Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Miami Valley Hospital interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Miami Valley Hospital employees and interview candidates.