Michael Baker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michael Baker.

Seemed standard process. Conducted a phone interview, then a one on one. I liked how they had me meet with the whole group to see how I fit. Didn't do that with any subsequent hires however.

Interview Questions
    No need to negotiate. Presented with a fair offer.

Associate Engineer Interview

1 Call interview; 2 Onsite interview; 3 Onsite interview. Not so hard, just keep calm. But it can take a long time, so prepare for it. Is this 30 words??? Still not enough?

Intern Interview

Interviewers were nice and friendly. Interview went on smoothly. Most of the questions were the typical ones which could be easily found online. It was more like a conversation rather than an interview. The interviewers described the company and the projects briefly.

Civil Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Michael Baker in April 2014.

It was a professional interview with the hiring manager and office manager. Heavily skewed toward personality and education and less on technical aspects. Asked about how I learn, Knowledge of AASHTO Bridge Specs, and my Familiarity with region.

Interview Questions
    • How does your knowledge of mechanics of materials relate to Bridges and the AASHTO specifications?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michael Baker.

2 interviews- 1st one on the phone ( lots of situational questions) then 2nd interview in person ( more situational marketing questions)

Interview Questions
    • I honestly just looked up all Marketing questions and made sure I had an answer for each of them.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

The hiring and interview process was similar to other places. It started out with a phone interview with the HR department, then another phone interview with the hiring manager.After a few days, I was called back in for a face-to-face interview. I was offered the position after a couple of days, and accepted after salary negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions that I can remember.   Answer Question
    A couple of days of negotiations

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Polk, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Polk, LA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Baker.

I applied online via their website. I received a phone call from the recruiter a few days later, the recruiter screened me by asking several generic questions about my background, education, and reasons for searching job opportunity with the company. The screening was about 30 min long. The next day I received a phone call from the recruiter to notify me of an interview. The following week I had a phone interview with the direct supervisor and somebody from the corporate. They were really friendly and laid back. The interview went well, I was asked the same questions as during the screening. During the interview I had the notion that I was overqualified because the job required less skill, less education, and less responsibility as my current job!!! Needless to say, I did not get it :).... The recruiter called me back few days later and notified me that they went with the other candidate.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Michael Baker in July 2009.

The interview process was very thorough. Meet multiple people and multiple locations.

Interview Questions

Was not interested in the actual job and the culture.

Civil Engineer II Interview

I was hired as an entry level. Got up to Civ Eng II. Interview process was with 4 Sr. engineers.

Interview Questions
    • questions were not very technical. Credentials speak for technical. Interview is for personality mostly   Answer Question
    phone calls back and forth

Worked for Michael Baker? Contribute to the Community!