Michael Baker

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Civil Associate I Interview

Civil Associate I

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Michael Baker in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a professional interview with the hiring manager and office manager. Heavily skewed toward personality and education and less on technical aspects. Asked about how I learn, Knowledge of AASHTO Bridge Specs, and my Familiarity with region.

Interview Question – How does your knowledge of mechanics of materials relate to Bridges and the AASHTO specifications?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michael Baker.

Interview Details – 2 interviews- 1st one on the phone ( lots of situational questions) then 2nd interview in person ( more situational marketing questions)

Interview Question – I honestly just looked up all Marketing questions and made sure I had an answer for each of them.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

Interviewed at Michael Baker

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was similar to other places. It started out with a phone interview with the HR department, then another phone interview with the hiring manager.After a few days, I was called back in for a face-to-face interview. I was offered the position after a couple of days, and accepted after salary negotiations.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions that I can remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A couple of days of negotiations

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Fort Polk, LA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Baker.

Interview Details – I applied online via their website. I received a phone call from the recruiter a few days later, the recruiter screened me by asking several generic questions about my background, education, and reasons for searching job opportunity with the company. The screening was about 30 min long. The next day I received a phone call from the recruiter to notify me of an interview. The following week I had a phone interview with the direct supervisor and somebody from the corporate. They were really friendly and laid back. The interview went well, I was asked the same questions as during the screening. During the interview I had the notion that I was overqualified because the job required less skill, less education, and less responsibility as my current job!!! Needless to say, I did not get it :).... The recruiter called me back few days later and notified me that they went with the other candidate.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Alexandria, VA

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Michael Baker in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very thorough. Meet multiple people and multiple locations.

Interview Question – Why do you want to come back to this company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not interested in the actual job and the culture.

Civil Engineer II Interview

Civil Engineer II

Interviewed at Michael Baker

Interview Details – I was hired as an entry level. Got up to Civ Eng II. Interview process was with 4 Sr. engineers.

Interview Question – questions were not very technical. Credentials speak for technical. Interview is for personality mostly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – phone calls back and forth

Worked for Michael Baker? Contribute to the Community!