Michael Best & Friedrich

Profile Unclaimed

Michael Best & Friedrich Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michael Best & Friedrich

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Michael Best & Friedrich.

I was referred by a former classmate and had an initial meeting with one of the partners. That eventually lead to a meeting with a the practice group chair. The final step was a three sets of interviews over two days with attorneys from three different offices. Unfortunately, a group of attorneys made a lateral move from another firm in the middle of the interview process, changing their hiring needs.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing particularly difficult to answer. All the questions were pretty typical for law firm interview.   Answer Question

Patent Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michael Best & Friedrich in November 2011.

I met with a current patent engineer at a career fair at my university. She seemed interested in some of my extracurriculars as well as my engineering background. She took my resume, and a week later I was emailed and invited to an interview night at their Madison location. It began with around 7 interviewees seated around a large conference table along with maybe 8 or 9 interviewers. I thought it was set up well because we all had technical backgrounds, unlike some interviewers who have no idea what their interviewees have been through. There was an initial welcome session, where they explained a bit about the firm. This was followed by questions. It seemed pretty formal and intimidating at first, but lightened up.

Then each interviewee was placed in their own small conference room and visited by 4 different interviewees for 15-20 minutes each. While I at first thought this seemed like a neat way to interview, I realize now how little I really could learn about each person/the company and how little they could learn about me in that short amount of time. Likewise, it seemed like each interviewer asked very similar questions. They were all more than friendly, and unfortunately we sometimes got caught up in small-talk that really cut into our interviewing times.

All parties then came back together in the main conference room, where refreshments were available. A final, very informal Q&A session ended the night. Overall it was a very pleasant interviewing experience, as long as you don't let the extremely formal setting scare you away.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you'll be able to stay motivated and excited to do so much writing and technical work day-in and day-out?   Answer Question
    • Why go into technical law rather than just engineering?   Answer Question