Michael C. Fina Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Finance Position Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michael C. Fina.

Interview

Out of all the interviews I've ever had, this be far as been the best for a couple reasons. My interaction with the recruiter was great. She made me feel right at home. Being that this is a family owned company her personal touch exemplified the family-feel company culture. The process was also very easy. The application was sent in advance leaving time to discuss the company's services and learn about the "magic box". I also meet with the manager who offered great insight about the role and what was expected. All in all, this was a great experience and you get a little gift at the end! Now that's a way to leave a mark!

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges you faced in your previous positions? What was the dynamics of your dept? What did you like best about our job?   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michael C. Fina (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

HR was pretty cool and just went through resume, then interview with the department heads who asked about experience and if none, then schoolwork. They made me fill out a long questionnaire about proper things to do at the work place, if taking a pen home is stealing, and other similar questions.

Interview Questions

• They should have asked, how comfortable are you with customer service?   Answer Question

Interview

The interview was actually a lot of fun and not stressful at all. The Recruiter was extremely informative. She showed me the magic box & explained what the company was all about. She really made me feel relaxed. I then met with the manager who was also informative. At the end of the interview I was even give a little company key chain which was very nice. I didn't get the job but still made to feel appreciated for coming.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Michael C. Fina.

Interview

The interview went well. I first met with HR who gave me a background of the company. Then i met with the manager, and then the director. They described the position along with the responsibilities. They asked about my past experience.

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Michael C. Fina.

Interview

Internally climbed the corporate later to my currect position. I have been with the company for many years so my initial interview was not related to my current job and role in the company

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute and bring to the company. As much as its such a standard question, I always try my best to come up with a unique great answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

very easy and quick

Product Data Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael C. Fina in June 2014.

Interview

I applied this job online on May 2014. A couple days later I got an phone call from the job website to schedule on-site interview time with the HR. I did personality test at the first. After passed the test I talked with the supervisor about the job details. Everything went through very well.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about supply chain?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michael C. Fina.

Interview

I applied and was called in for a Project Manager role. Despite not getting the role, I have to say the interview process was VERY interesting in a GOOD way. It was like no other interview experience I've ever had. The recruiter was on point and very knowledgeable about the company and answered all my questions. Even though this is something all recruiters should do she actually made me feel comfortable and added some humor to our conversation which is an added plus on any interview. Now the interview with the manager was where it got very interesting. They asked me to role play the position of a PM by giving me a scenario where I had to partner with other managers who played their own role. It was absolutely great! It gave me a really good perspective of what is expected from a PM and the challenges they would face. I wish more companies conducted interviews like this or at least make it more creative and less of the question and answer experience. I applied for this position months ago and only now decided to write a review. I think shedding light on how this company conducts its interview process (at least for the position I applied for) would let individuals know that there are still some innovated companies out there who want to make the interview process effective and most importantly a memorable one.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions asked as I was prepared to answer any/all questions. The role playing experience was what was different and fun!   Answer Question

Project Management - Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Michael C. Fina (Long Island City, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone from their HR job recruiter. I went to their LIC locations for a 1 on 1 where I spoke to their recruiter. I was then made to fill out paperwork with information that was already on my resume. I also was asked to take an IQ test. After this, I sat down with the recruiter for information on the position. The HR woman was very pleasant, but was not technical and had a hard time explaining exactly what the position entailed. Luckily, my would-be manager came in after about 30 minutes and gave a more detailed rendering of the job. I was contacted about a week afterwards and was asked to come in for a second interview. This time, I met with the manager from before and the VP of Customer Experience. Both were very nice, but I had to go through the office space, which was a bit daunting due to the crowding and general uncleanliness of the space. After the meeting, I was asked to take an online personality test, then submit to a background/drug check through Sterling. I did so and, after about 2 weeks, was given an offer. The recruiting process was the most enjoyable part of working at Michael C. Fina. Everything went downhill from there.

Interview Questions

• None. The interview was mostly questions about my resume and talking about the position. If I had to pick one, it would be "what are you most proud of when it comes to your work careers".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little wiggle room, since vacation days are set (2 weeks, starting after your first year) and benefits aren't even explained until 3 months in. Salary is low with promises of raises that do not materialize.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michael C. Fina.

Interview

I interviewed for a position in Finance a while back and prior to interviewing I did read these reviews. Though they were discouraging I needed to see for myself what this company had to offer. I have to say, the reviews were all very accurate with the exception of the recruitment process. It must have changed a bit as it didn't take 2 1/2 hours long. It was still lengthy but not that lengthy. I did have to take a test called the Wonder-something which didn't even validate my skills or knowledge in the Finance field. So in essence that test was a waste of time. I was offered an explanation of the company, the industry and an overview of the position by the recruiter. She was actually very lively and made the interview process interesting and actually fun. Aside from that the manager who interviewed me really didn't offer a good picture of the position and what the expectations were from the person they wanted to fill the role. Oh and the salary they were offering was laughable! The only good thing about the interview was learning about the industry since the company site couldn't even manage to offer that!

Interview Questions

• Difficult question asked was, "what do I intend to do with my Masters Degree?" Huh!?!?!   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michael C. Fina (Long Island City, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

After reading some of the NEGATIVE reviews on Glassdoor about this company, I was a bit concerned, but I still went in for the interview. What a MISTAKE. Complete WASTE of time! The interview lasted 2 1/2 hours! 30mins to complete an application and Wonderlic exam. First with the HR manager who was nice, but was new to the field of HR, then I met with HR and VP of team. Wow, another two clueless HR folks. After jibber-jabbing with them for 2 hours, I taught it was a done deal-i had the job. After two days, I sent a thank you letter. It's been two weeks later and still no response from them. Talk about unprofessionalism, not even common courtesy to let the candidate know they are still looking. I have been in HR for 10 years now , and I always reply to thank you letters of candidates with complete honesty. Well, the story here is, that I found a better opportunity... Harry Winston! This company is a great one! Michael C. Fina is NOT a good company to work for. Look at their ratings and reviews on here, if I would have listened to them, I would have saved myself time wasted! Very, very, very unprofessional. I feel sorry for those who work here.

Interview Questions

• none, they were simple standard, "tell me about yourself" questions.   Answer Question