Michael Kors

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors.

After Being referred I never thought Givin the brand that I would have to encounter three interviews. Absolutely not expected. I had worked for brands that paid me more than Michael Kors. Where they lend more on my references than anything.

Interview Questions
    Pretty direct my resume was respected and got the pay I was expecting per the position I applied for.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michael Kors.

The interview was very easy and laid back. You definitely need to be bubbly and know some background information about the brand. They will ask you who a few of your favorite designers are and why. Be able to tell them why you want to be apart of the Michael Kors team, you need to sell yourself!

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. It's all about being personable!   Answer Question
    Seasonal employee pay is non-negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Group interview of about 6 people. Asked two questions and it was over. Didn't feel like they were trying to get go know you. Asked who my style icon was and how I would feel transitioning to Michael kors from my previous job.

Planner Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Michael Kors.

Initial contact was made via recruiter. First interview was with human resource manager and was very high level. Human resources knew minimal details about position. Found out via recruiter that salary potential was moderate and didn't pursue further.

Salary too low.

PR Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Process took a week. Was first phone interviewed then was ask to come in to meet with the PR assistant. Very straight forward interview. Was offered the job the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied through my university's career center and was promptly contacted to participate in a group interview. Group interview was relatively basic, asked about your background and your "fashion icon". They have a strong emphasis on personal appearance so be sure to dress to represent the brand. Was invited back for a final round group interview to meet the different managers. Everyone was very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • N/A all pretty basic questions, very conversation driven   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Michael Kors.

I turned in my resume in person and didnt get a call for roughly 3 months. Group interview first with the Assistant Manager, then a one on one with the Store Manager. They called the next day to offer the position, but let me know they were not in any position to offer anything higher. They also let me know that one of the "perks" would be "piece" every month. This was a clothing item "for free". Quickly found out on my first paycheck that this isnt the case. You are taxed for the clothes and that fee is automatically deducted from your paycheck.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate more money then I was offered even though I had 2 years of experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael Kors.

I was contacted by a recruiter after my resume was sent to her by a referral who had also interviewed with the company. The recruiter did a FaceTime interview because I was interested in a position in another state. The day of my interview, I was waiting for the recruiter to call and nothing. I e-mailed her asking if I should still expect a call. She had forgotten about our interview and called me shortly after. Very basic questions, why do I want to work for company? What inspires me? After that I was scheduled another FaceTime interview with a store manager. Store manager and another assistant were at interview. Same questions as recruiter. Scheduled a third interview with district manager. Then last interview was with regional manager. Regional manager called me 30 minutes prior to our scheduled time. She had told the manager 9:00 and me 9:30. I was caught totally off guard. I explained to her that I expected her call in 30 minutes, she insisted that our time was at 9AM. I went back and checked my e-mails and in fact, the recruiter had scheduled a 9:30 call. All interviewers asked the same questions. Every interview I had to explain how the recruiter received my resume.
    The first four interviews were all completed within two weeks time. They were very accommodating of the fact that I was interested in a position out of state and all interviews done via FaceTime. I followed up after last interview and was told they were still interviewing candidates. Several weeks passed and I never heard back from company.
    Very disappointed that after four interviews, I never heard anything. I expected at least an automated message stating I didn't get position. With the exception that I never heard back from them, the experience was very pleasant and overall pretty easy interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Asked four words to describe yourself, what kind of style do you have, what do you do in the weekend, what was your job expectation. It is really easy to answer and they have sales from some countries, I think this is really cool because i can learn some other culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors in October 2014.

It was a great day and things went really really well I love working for the company love love love love love it I would not change anything about the interview process so that the good thing about all of this

Interview Questions
    Yeah it was very very easy to do so