Michael Kors

84 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Michael Kors in September 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with store management then one interview with district manager

Interview Question – Basic interview questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from the store manager about a week later. Initial phone screening lasted about 15 min. just asking what you're looking for, etc. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview with the store manager and the district manager. Both very nice. Asked about previous management and retail experience. Last about 30 min. total. The third and final interview is an interactive in which you come into the store and they role play with current employees on certain situations, selling techniques, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult if you've worked retail before   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on compensation

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Michael Kors

Interview Details – I had a brief phone interview with HR recruiter. At the same week, I went for interview with the recruiter and the department manager. The interview was very casual and easy. Both of interviewers are very nice and willing to answer all my questions. I got the phone call at the same day.

Interview Question – I was interviewing for the entry level position. they did not really ask any difficult or unexpected questions. Most of the time I was introducing myself and talked about what I have been learning in school.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michael Kors in October 2013.

Interview Details – Hired on my first interview, easy process..

Negotiation Details – It was an offer I could not refuse. I just wished I had known that after the holidays all offers of advancement were forgotten, as many other people say, "MK uses employees, you have to give up your life during holidays" , but when they don't need you, after holidays rush is over, you can forget about true appreciation. Also there are no benefits available, except for employee discount.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – Interviewed through a recruiter. Interviewed with store manager for 30 minutes. She liked me a lot, offered me a sales position and a better pay than what i originally make. Then had to do second interview with the DM which is an interactive interview where they see how well you perform on the sales floor. Make sure you greet every single customer and try to sell something even though they do not tell you to. Also, dress like you work for Michael Kors and KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM!

Interview Question – Why go from this job to Michael Kors?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – Easiest interview ever

Interview Question – Made you be on the floor right away   Answer Question

Sales Associate
El Paso, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Kors in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online by sending my resume and cover letter to the e-mail address posted. I would suggest making the best of your resume by detailing your sales experience ( preferably high end retailers or accessories sales).

I was called in for an initial interview with the Store Manager. The questions were very typical retail interview questions. She asked me about my life and my hobbies, and why I wanted to work at Michael Kors specifically.

I was called two days later to come in for an "interactive", in which I role played as a sales associate with other employees. ( The idea is to have you as a "greeter" for the store, but the day I went in it there was not enough traffic). I would suggest being friendly, and know your stuff! It's not hard to google information on the brand, Michael Kors's culture and "6 essential" items he thinks a women should have.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. Expect to dress up very nice. The girls that work there are all very fashion forward. Wear heels, makeup, and something that looks like it could be from the store.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the maximum pay. I have a lot of experience, they will try their best to work with pay so don't be afraid to ask for more if you have a lot of retail experience or a degree.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – I was recruited by the store manager

Interview Question – was just a basic conversation   Answer Question

Sales Associate
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Kors in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got called several days after applying to set up an interview. First interview with AM went great, she was very laid back and easy to talk to. The next day I went in for my interactive (lasted an hour). Everyone was extremely friendly! Lastly, a skype interview with the DM.

Interview Question – Typical retail questions that were extremely simple: Why you want to work here, Tell me a little about you, What do you know about Michael Kors, Explain past retail experience, Explain a time you dealt with an unruly customer   View Answer

Part Time Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – Interview has several phases. Phone interview which was just a few basic questions "why do you want this job?", in person interview lasted about 30-45 min and consisted of several questions , interactive interview, and then a phone call with the District Manager who then gives the final okay. Once a choice has been made you will hear back after a few days.

Interview Question – How does good management look to you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michael Kors

Worked for Michael Kors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michael Kors interview questions and advice. All 84 interview reviews posted anonymously by Michael Kors employees and interview candidates.