Michael Kors Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Michael Kors (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview itself wasn't bad. But I went to 4 interviews within a 2 month time frame and did not receive an offer. Was a dragged out experience and a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on my resume and previous experience, what are some leadership qualities, strengths and weakness, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michael Kors

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

Very brief and mainly questions about experience with previous jobs. They asked about my previous work experience with retail and everything that I did there. They also asked to tell them about myself and my personality, and how I handle customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Michael Kors (Metairie, LA).

Interview

very friendly employers & basic interview questions, made me feel very comfortable & confident. liked my outfit (heels, black skinny jeans, flowy floral shirt with black blazer on top) such sweet employees I'd love to work with

Interview Questions

• which celebrities styles do you like? (she gave me some answers to say at my 2nd interview lol)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors (San Marcos, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for Michael Kors. It was a group interview of 4. There were going to be 3 parts to the interview which was face to face, then they wanted to see how we sold on the floor and then we would talk to some people at the corporate office. So I didn't make it passed interview one, but a girl who had a lot less experience than me did. I guess I'll just tell you my background and maybe you can tell me what happened. I am black and I am 20 years old. I am a brand ambassador (promote a product or brand), modeling and acting instructor, and I have worked with Gucci as a temp. My major is fashion merchandising and management. I am leaving for New York to go to FIT which is the number 1 best school for fashion in the United States and 6th in the world. Michael actually graduated from this school. I want to be a buyer and I need retail experience. I was very confident in the interview (I wouldn't be doing my jobs if I didn't have confidence), I smiled and I gave them eye contact. I pretty much did everything perfect. But I did notice that the interviewer kept giving the girl with a lot less experience more of a nice vibe and then she would give me a side look like she didn't want me to be there. I kinda noticed also that the employees talked bad about each other because they would say snarky comments about them to me while I was waiting to be interviewed. They told me that 2 employees sucked and that the last interview group did horrible. Who does that?! I don't think it's a race issue because they had 2 other black guys there. But I spoke with the girl who did get the job and she said I was the perfect candidate and had no idea why they wouldn't hire me. I got a really bad vibe from everybody at the store and I hope nobody has to deal with that if they apply.

Interview Questions

• If you had an unlimited credit card and you could shop anywhere in the world, where would it be?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

After Being referred I never thought Givin the brand that I would have to encounter three interviews. Absolutely not expected. I had worked for brands that paid me more than Michael Kors. Where they lend more on my references than anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty direct my resume was respected and got the pay I was expecting per the position I applied for.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

Group interview of about 6 people. Asked two questions and it was over. Didn't feel like they were trying to get go know you. Asked who my style icon was and how I would feel transitioning to Michael kors from my previous job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through my university's career center and was promptly contacted to participate in a group interview. Group interview was relatively basic, asked about your background and your "fashion icon". They have a strong emphasis on personal appearance so be sure to dress to represent the brand. Was invited back for a final round group interview to meet the different managers. Everyone was very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• N/A all pretty basic questions, very conversation driven   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview

I turned in my resume in person and didnt get a call for roughly 3 months. Group interview first with the Assistant Manager, then a one on one with the Store Manager. They called the next day to offer the position, but let me know they were not in any position to offer anything higher. They also let me know that one of the "perks" would be "piece" every month. This was a clothing item "for free". Quickly found out on my first paycheck that this isnt the case. You are taxed for the clothes and that fee is automatically deducted from your paycheck.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate more money then I was offered even though I had 2 years of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Asked four words to describe yourself, what kind of style do you have, what do you do in the weekend, what was your job expectation. It is really easy to answer and they have sales from some countries, I think this is really cool because i can learn some other culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors (Birmingham, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a great day and things went really really well I love working for the company love love love love love it I would not change anything about the interview process so that the good thing about all of this

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yeah it was very very easy to do so