Michael Kors Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors.

After Being referred I never thought Givin the brand that I would have to encounter three interviews. Absolutely not expected. I had worked for brands that paid me more than Michael Kors. Where they lend more on my references than anything.

Interview Questions
Pretty direct my resume was respected and got the pay I was expecting per the position I applied for.

Other Interview Reviews for Michael Kors

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Group interview of about 6 people. Asked two questions and it was over. Didn't feel like they were trying to get go know you. Asked who my style icon was and how I would feel transitioning to Michael kors from my previous job.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied through my university's career center and was promptly contacted to participate in a group interview. Group interview was relatively basic, asked about your background and your "fashion icon". They have a strong emphasis on personal appearance so be sure to dress to represent the brand. Was invited back for a final round group interview to meet the different managers. Everyone was very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • N/A all pretty basic questions, very conversation driven   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Michael Kors.

I turned in my resume in person and didnt get a call for roughly 3 months. Group interview first with the Assistant Manager, then a one on one with the Store Manager. They called the next day to offer the position, but let me know they were not in any position to offer anything higher. They also let me know that one of the "perks" would be "piece" every month. This was a clothing item "for free". Quickly found out on my first paycheck that this isnt the case. You are taxed for the clothes and that fee is automatically deducted from your paycheck.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate more money then I was offered even though I had 2 years of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Asked four words to describe yourself, what kind of style do you have, what do you do in the weekend, what was your job expectation. It is really easy to answer and they have sales from some countries, I think this is really cool because i can learn some other culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors in October 2014.

It was a great day and things went really really well I love working for the company love love love love love it I would not change anything about the interview process so that the good thing about all of this

Interview Questions
    Yeah it was very very easy to do so

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Getting the job at MK was fairly easy. I applied online to a job posting on craigslist and i was quickly called after to come into the store for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • very easy interview, manager just wanted to know my past experience   View Answers (2)
    no need to negotiage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Group Style interview, with 4 other applicants. Open-ended questions, conversations style (didn't call on people, I think they were trying to see who was outgoing.) Very Laid back. Got a call the next day and asked to have a reference call the manager to talk about me. I got a call about an hour after my reference called with a job offer.
    However, I do know they now require an interview with the district manager, unlike my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Michael Kors?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael Kors.

I interviewed at Michael Kors twice for a sales associate position. The initial interview questions were basic enough including what you liked about the company, how you would work on a team but with a competitive twist since it is commission based, how you worked under different management styles ect.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was the interactive phase where you work on the floor for a period of time. It is challenging to get thrown into actually dealing with customers without knowing crucial information like price points ect.   View Answer
    Simple, I agreed to their offer since it was their starting rate

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michael Kors in June 2014.

It was okay, he asked a ton of questions and made the group feel a bit uncomfortable in my opinion. It was an hour long approximately and we were standing outside the mall the entire time