Michael Kors

Average Difficulty
37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Doral, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Michael Kors in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was okay, he asked a ton of questions and made the group feel a bit uncomfortable in my opinion. It was an hour long approximately and we were standing outside the mall the entire time

Interview Question – What do you know about Michael kors   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – I interviewed at Michael Kors twice for a sales associate position. The initial interview questions were basic enough including what you liked about the company, how you would work on a team but with a competitive twist since it is commission based, how you worked under different management styles ect.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the process was the interactive phase where you work on the floor for a period of time. It is challenging to get thrown into actually dealing with customers without knowing crucial information like price points ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, I agreed to their offer since it was their starting rate

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michael Kors in April 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, store interview, floor interview. very drawn out process. very nice team environment. word is hard type to speak no english good. okay i am done with this

Interview Question – Are you pregnant?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – Interactive interview where asked to interact with customers on the sales floor. Asked to greet every customer and form a connection,

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from the store manager about a week later. Initial phone screening lasted about 15 min. just asking what you're looking for, etc. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview with the store manager and the district manager. Both very nice. Asked about previous management and retail experience. Last about 30 min. total. The third and final interview is an interactive in which you come into the store and they role play with current employees on certain situations, selling techniques, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult if you've worked retail before   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on compensation

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – Interviewed through a recruiter. Interviewed with store manager for 30 minutes. She liked me a lot, offered me a sales position and a better pay than what i originally make. Then had to do second interview with the DM which is an interactive interview where they see how well you perform on the sales floor. Make sure you greet every single customer and try to sell something even though they do not tell you to. Also, dress like you work for Michael Kors and KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM!

Interview Question – Why go from this job to Michael Kors?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interview Details – Easiest interview ever

Interview Question – Made you be on the floor right away   Answer Question

El Paso, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Kors in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online by sending my resume and cover letter to the e-mail address posted. I would suggest making the best of your resume by detailing your sales experience ( preferably high end retailers or accessories sales).

I was called in for an initial interview with the Store Manager. The questions were very typical retail interview questions. She asked me about my life and my hobbies, and why I wanted to work at Michael Kors specifically.

I was called two days later to come in for an "interactive", in which I role played as a sales associate with other employees. ( The idea is to have you as a "greeter" for the store, but the day I went in it there was not enough traffic). I would suggest being friendly, and know your stuff! It's not hard to google information on the brand, Michael Kors's culture and "6 essential" items he thinks a women should have.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. Expect to dress up very nice. The girls that work there are all very fashion forward. Wear heels, makeup, and something that looks like it could be from the store.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the maximum pay. I have a lot of experience, they will try their best to work with pay so don't be afraid to ask for more if you have a lot of retail experience or a degree.

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Kors in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got called several days after applying to set up an interview. First interview with AM went great, she was very laid back and easy to talk to. The next day I went in for my interactive (lasted an hour). Everyone was extremely friendly! Lastly, a skype interview with the DM.

Interview Question – Typical retail questions that were extremely simple: Why you want to work here, Tell me a little about you, What do you know about Michael Kors, Explain past retail experience, Explain a time you dealt with an unruly customer   View Answer

Brea, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Michael Kors in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied by sending my resume to a company email address that was posted on a mall website. I heard from the hiring manager two weeks later and set up an interview for the following week. I was applying for a store that was not yet open, so the interview was at a different location. I had a group interview with a manager with two other girls. The interview began with typical questions about ourselves and our retail experience. They also asked questions like "Who is your favorite blogger?" and "Who is your favorite designer?" After the questions, they took the other two girls for mock selling.

Interview Question – If were a superhero or villain, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Michael Kors? Contribute to the Community!