Michael Kors Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Michael Kors in November 2013.

I applied online and received a call the next day. The interview was easy, asked the basic questions. They also asked me if I was into fashion and if I knew anything about their brand and if I own anything Michael Kors. After the interview they have to you do a role play to see how you would do when being put on the sales floor. I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • The manager asked me what I knew about the Michael Kors brand   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michael Kors

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Group Style interview, with 4 other applicants. Open-ended questions, conversations style (didn't call on people, I think they were trying to see who was outgoing.) Very Laid back. Got a call the next day and asked to have a reference call the manager to talk about me. I got a call about an hour after my reference called with a job offer.
    However, I do know they now require an interview with the district manager, unlike my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Michael Kors?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Doral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Michael Kors in June 2014.

It was okay, he asked a ton of questions and made the group feel a bit uncomfortable in my opinion. It was an hour long approximately and we were standing outside the mall the entire time

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Kors.

I interviewed at Michael Kors twice for a sales associate position. The initial interview questions were basic enough including what you liked about the company, how you would work on a team but with a competitive twist since it is commission based, how you worked under different management styles ect.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was the interactive phase where you work on the floor for a period of time. It is challenging to get thrown into actually dealing with customers without knowing crucial information like price points ect.   Answer Question
    Simple, I agreed to their offer since it was their starting rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Michael Kors in April 2013.

phone interview, store interview, floor interview. very drawn out process. very nice team environment. word is hard type to speak no english good. okay i am done with this

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interactive interview where asked to interact with customers on the sales floor. Asked to greet every customer and form a connection,

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Applied online and got a call from the store manager about a week later. Initial phone screening lasted about 15 min. just asking what you're looking for, etc. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview with the store manager and the district manager. Both very nice. Asked about previous management and retail experience. Last about 30 min. total. The third and final interview is an interactive in which you come into the store and they role play with current employees on certain situations, selling techniques, etc.

No negotiation on compensation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interviewed through a recruiter. Interviewed with store manager for 30 minutes. She liked me a lot, offered me a sales position and a better pay than what i originally make. Then had to do second interview with the DM which is an interactive interview where they see how well you perform on the sales floor. Make sure you greet every single customer and try to sell something even though they do not tell you to. Also, dress like you work for Michael Kors and KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Kors.

Easiest interview ever

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Kors in March 2013.

I applied online by sending my resume and cover letter to the e-mail address posted. I would suggest making the best of your resume by detailing your sales experience ( preferably high end retailers or accessories sales).

I was called in for an initial interview with the Store Manager. The questions were very typical retail interview questions. She asked me about my life and my hobbies, and why I wanted to work at Michael Kors specifically.

I was called two days later to come in for an "interactive", in which I role played as a sales associate with other employees. ( The idea is to have you as a "greeter" for the store, but the day I went in it there was not enough traffic). I would suggest being friendly, and know your stuff! It's not hard to google information on the brand, Michael Kors's culture and "6 essential" items he thinks a women should have.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. Expect to dress up very nice. The girls that work there are all very fashion forward. Wear heels, makeup, and something that looks like it could be from the store.   Answer Question
    I was offered the maximum pay. I have a lot of experience, they will try their best to work with pay so don't be afraid to ask for more if you have a lot of retail experience or a degree.

Worked for Michael Kors? Contribute to the Community!