Michael Kors Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.6

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Asked four words to describe yourself, what kind of style do you have, what do you do in the weekend, what was your job expectation. It is really easy to answer and they have sales from some countries, I think this is really cool because i can learn some other culture.

Other Interview Reviews for Michael Kors

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Getting the job at MK was fairly easy. I applied online to a job posting on craigslist and i was quickly called after to come into the store for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • very easy interview, manager just wanted to know my past experience   Answer Question
    no need to negotiage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Group Style interview, with 4 other applicants. Open-ended questions, conversations style (didn't call on people, I think they were trying to see who was outgoing.) Very Laid back. Got a call the next day and asked to have a reference call the manager to talk about me. I got a call about an hour after my reference called with a job offer.
    However, I do know they now require an interview with the district manager, unlike my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Michael Kors?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael Kors.

I interviewed at Michael Kors twice for a sales associate position. The initial interview questions were basic enough including what you liked about the company, how you would work on a team but with a competitive twist since it is commission based, how you worked under different management styles ect.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was the interactive phase where you work on the floor for a period of time. It is challenging to get thrown into actually dealing with customers without knowing crucial information like price points ect.   Answer Question
    Simple, I agreed to their offer since it was their starting rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michael Kors in June 2014.

It was okay, he asked a ton of questions and made the group feel a bit uncomfortable in my opinion. It was an hour long approximately and we were standing outside the mall the entire time

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interactive interview where asked to interact with customers on the sales floor. Asked to greet every customer and form a connection,

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Applied online and got a call from the store manager about a week later. Initial phone screening lasted about 15 min. just asking what you're looking for, etc. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview with the store manager and the district manager. Both very nice. Asked about previous management and retail experience. Last about 30 min. total. The third and final interview is an interactive in which you come into the store and they role play with current employees on certain situations, selling techniques, etc.

No negotiation on compensation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Michael Kors.

Interviewed through a recruiter. Interviewed with store manager for 30 minutes. She liked me a lot, offered me a sales position and a better pay than what i originally make. Then had to do second interview with the DM which is an interactive interview where they see how well you perform on the sales floor. Make sure you greet every single customer and try to sell something even though they do not tell you to. Also, dress like you work for Michael Kors and KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michael Kors.

Easiest interview ever

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael Kors in March 2014.

Got called several days after applying to set up an interview. First interview with AM went great, she was very laid back and easy to talk to. The next day I went in for my interactive (lasted an hour). Everyone was extremely friendly! Lastly, a skype interview with the DM.

Interview Questions
    • Typical retail questions that were extremely simple: Why you want to work here, Tell me a little about you, What do you know about Michael Kors, Explain past retail experience, Explain a time you dealt with an unruly customer   View Answer