Michael Kors Technical Design Intern Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Technical Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Kors in December 2012.

I replied to a post on College Central. I was called the next day by HR and they set up an appointment with the person I was going to interview with. The day of the interview I was interviewed directly by the person from the Technical Design team. Showed my Resume and my Portfolio. Was asked some questions about previous internships and about the process behind my portfolio. Also if I knew how to sew, make patterns, drape and use Illustrator and Photoshop. Within the following days I got a call from HR to offer me the internship and shortly after got the contract by e-mail. It was a very nice and organized process.

Interview Questions
  • It went very smoothly, but I think it might have been because I fulfilled all the requirements they were looking for (sewing, draping, patternmaking, photoshop, illustrator). I also brought in both a "creative" portfolio and a "technical" one, just in case.   Answer Question
It's an internship, so there was no salary to negotiate. The whole process was very smooth, but formal. It just felt very fair, more than most fashion internships.

Worked for Michael Kors? Contribute to the Community!