Michael Page

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Michael Page.

Interview Details – Extremely long process, well over 2 month process for a basic entry level position. Over 10 hours of in-person interviews, which was fine but did not result in an offer.

Interview Question – They really want great sales people, but the type they can train. I was excited to do the process, but by the end I was discouraged about the lack of confidence I felt.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michael Page in May 2012.

Interview Details – Met informally with a person in 1 practice then was referred to a consultant in a practice consistent with my background. Made it to the next round, interviewed with 3 people, a Managing Director, a manager, and a consultant. Very informal and disorganized process. I was never given a job description. I was told to expect a 45 min to 1 hr. group interview in the final round and instead was kept for over 2 hours meeting with 3 different people. I will not say anything derogratory, except to say that the comments on the job review page about the managers being rude, etc appear to be true based on my impression and experience

Interview Question – If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michael Page in January 2008.

Interview Details – Met with 3 people the first day. Basically try to put you in pressure situations to see how you think on the go. Mostly straight forward, ask you how you would bring in business, mostly seeing if you can think the way they do. Second round is same, 1 to w people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, I believe you can though and people have done so successfully

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Page in June 2011.

Interview Details – About 4-5 interviews with managers and Managing Director. They are looking for someone sharp, dynamic, well articulated, and expressive. Generally looking for a great salesman with the high energy level and enthusiasm.

Interview Question – Pretty regular questions. Was asked about the biggest risk I took in my life   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michael Page.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interviews, including a role play game

Interview Question – what do you think of Michael Page, negatively   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michael Page in March 2011.

Interview Details – Require a lot of initial preparation.

Interview Question – What is your worst experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Poor

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Michael Page in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process consist of a group discussion followed by a group exercise. Both the stages were elimination round. The selected candidates have to go through an interview round with the senior most people.
I would advice just be yourself. Be organized and disciplined in your thoughts and show them. Prove that you have a good convincing and inter-personal skill. If u can, the interview and otehr process are a cake walk for u.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Got an another better offer

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Michael Page in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process to join Michael Page was fairly robust, it gave the candidate the opportunity to meet with peers and different levels of management throughout the business in order to gain a broad perspective of the business as a whole and on a local level. Although in a formal setting (and conservative business attire is best advised) the one on one meetings (there were several) were not structured and were allowed to flow freely. My advice here would be not to fall into the trap of over familiarity and make sure to sell yourself professionally and be clear and concise on what you have achieved to date and how this will benefit the business (there is a balancing act to that though... you'll need to get enough of your personality through as well!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you understand about the role of recruitment consultant and why do you think it's right for you?   View Answer
  • Who are your biggest influences?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Michael Page are honest and fair and take many things into consideration when tabling an offer. It is likely to be toward the top end of what you are considered to be worth, so before getting deep into negotiation consider how much you want the role and how much you could stand to earn in bonus if you are the right person for the role... you push too hard they'll get cold feet and wonder if you really have the ability to make good commission

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Page in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was fun, you either will fit in quickly and enjoy yourself or your will not be a fit. YOu don't need to be a genius or have a high GPA. Just be a commercial thinker and confident. They will give raw talent more than a fair chance. Anyone who ever got fired was either lazy or incompetent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Can't negotiate - these people are pros at that!

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michael Page in March 2010.

Interview Details – Brisk, assertive style of interviewing- interviewers are willing to listen to what you have to say.

You immediately get a good feel of the organization through te interviewers, who all seem to share similar traits: hungry, sharp, ambitious, intense, terribly focussed and no nonsense. You get the sense that time is money, and it can be slightly overwhelming at first.

Interviewers are well groomed, articulate, with extremely thorough knowledge of the company and inner wokings- & find it hard to accept no as an answer (both a good and bad thing).
They seem unshakeable and slightly arrogant- of course whether this is justifiably so is another question altogether.

Open ended questions are often asked, and I was often prodded about my core values and objectives.

Interview Question – Interrupted while answering a question about my educational background, they try to catch you offguard by suddenly interrupting and asking random but pointed questions- like, so what are your values?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never accept their first offer or make a snap decision. It is easy to be seduced and overwhelmed by the veneer and sheen, which quickly comes off when one takes a breather and t least a week to consider ones options objectively.

Worked for Michael Page? Contribute to the Community!