Michael Page

Average Difficulty
136 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michael Page.

Interview Details – Through a friend at the company, never applied he just wanted me to meet his boss. I was surprisingly interviewed.The gentleman I met with was stuck up. Had no knowledge of the educational system in the United States. He was from the United Kingdom. Purposely tried being rude and non welcoming. The position does not worth that experience.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell him a house on the spot? Role play.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not the kind of job I wanted, so I did not pursue. Long hours, with repetitive annoying work.

Recruiter-- Entry Level Interview

Recruiter-- Entry Level

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Page in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through a posting on a job board. I was then contacted by a recruiter who sent me a link to a online questionnaire. After this, I had a skype interview that felt like it went very well with a member from the branch at which I was applying to. A couple of hours later, the recruiter called me back to set up an in-person in the office. Overall, very positive experience. Everyone I spoke with was very kind and informative. Also, the recruiter was excellent at keeping up with communicating and not keeping me waiting to hear about the next steps. She was also very helpful with tips on what the company is looking for.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult or unexpected questions, they just try to get to know you and your work ethic.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Page.

Interview Details – Interviewed by external recruiter -- basic phone screen

Immediately interviewed by internal talent acquisition manager -- basic phone screening

Personality profile test -- basic test to determine if you're a fighter and natural hard worker/leader or not (basic and easy if you are -- pointless to take or frustrating if you're not)

Office interview with initial manager hiring -- more managers to interview with if you're not moving forward in the process or they are unsure (basic interview questions for recruiters)

Final interview with Sr. Director that was deep -- but left with no questions unanswered

Offer within 3 days in person

Interview Question – Which manager out of the ones you interviewed with would you rather work under and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate -- offered me exactly what I needed. The entire process was extremely transparent and simple. No hidden fees

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michael Page.

Interview Details – Contacted through a mutual acquaintance, went through several phone screenings that were more like conversations, then invited to interview in person. The interview was very casual/ informal, and seemed to be going well enough. Followed up to find that they had passed without explanation.

Very Easy Interview

Operations Analyst Support Interview

Operations Analyst Support
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michael Page in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone and email. Initial interview for a position I was matched with via career builder. Skype interview, I was given the job and accepted. I then declined position after a couple of days due to another opportunity that presented itself. I enjoyed the interview process of Michael Page, Very Easy.

Negotiation Details – $16.00/HR. Full time, with benefits.

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Recruiting Consultant

I applied online - interviewed at Michael Page in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter and set up and interview for the following day. When I got there, I waited 35 minutes for the interviewer to show up. Once we started talking, he talked about himself and his life and barely asked me any relevant questions. He said that I would be working super long hours etc. and I was fine with it until he said that "you pretty much don't have a life" and was extremely turned off. After I waited another 45 minutes before filling out some questionnare, he rushed me out the door and didn't mention any follow up steps after I asked. It's been about three weeks and after I contacted the numerous times I still have not recieved a response. Not even to decline the position. HOW professional. What a bogus company. I would never want to work 12 hours a day and slave for this bs company.

Interview Question – If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Page in July 2013.

Interview Details – First, underwent a phone interview. Went well and was invited in to an in-person interview. The in-person interview went so well and after meeting with 3 employees, I was invited back to a second round, in-person interview. The second round did not go as well but I still left with a pretty positive feeling. I was told I would be contacted within a week with any further information regarding the process. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing and not receiving any responses to my "thank you" emails, I decided to email them and ask the status of my application. I never heard back from them again.

Interview Question – Are you motivated by money or by your overall enjoyment for the job?   View Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist

Interviewed at Michael Page

Interview Details – I applied online and the process takes 4 days. Interviewed at Micheal Page in May 2014.
Recruiter reach out right next week after I apply online. One Phone interview and set up with an in person interview. I think in person interview is kind of extra steps for busy professionals.

Interview Question – Typical interview asking my current experience related to position. Then request an in person interview in their local office. The recruiter does not show up at that point. Because it's close to off hours and there would be traffic, I gave recruiter a time range when i get there the day before. The recruiter seems not care much. He is not at office yet when I get to the site. But their manager meets me and get brief review of my exp. The manager is nice and ask me to prepare a brief letter of how my exp fit for the position. Still expect response from them.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michael Page.

Interview Details – Interview process begins with a phone call and then they progress to face to face interviews. Make sure you are able to ask questions and sell back to whatever they are trying to get you to sell. The final step is a meeting with the North American CEO. Honestly, this place is brutal so don't even go on an interview and waste your time.

Interview Question – Role plays   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Push for more money. They respect that and they'll give it to you.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Full Time Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michael Page in May 2014.

Interview Details – Typical Phone Interview with typical standard questions. Then a typical interview also with typical standard questions. They expect you to go above and beyond. Then they make you take an online 30 minute assessment.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Michael Page? Contribute to the Community!