Michael Page Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.9

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Michael Page in July 2010.

Positive but challenging. The interview process will test you skill set and will power. Demonstrating your ambitions to succeed is critical. They look for driven people and who are competitive.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michael Page.

Contacted through a mutual acquaintance, went through several phone screenings that were more like conversations, then invited to interview in person. The interview was very casual/ informal, and seemed to be going well enough. Followed up to find that they had passed without explanation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michael Page.

Interview process begins with a phone call and then they progress to face to face interviews. Make sure you are able to ask questions and sell back to whatever they are trying to get you to sell. The final step is a meeting with the North American CEO. Honestly, this place is brutal so don't even go on an interview and waste your time.

Interview Questions
    Push for more money. They respect that and they'll give it to you.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Michael Page in May 2014.

Typical Phone Interview with typical standard questions. Then a typical interview also with typical standard questions. They expect you to go above and beyond. Then they make you take an online 30 minute assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michael Page.

Two in person interviews
    First interview with two managers and a colleague
    Second interview with managers and managing directors
    They ask about your background, what you know about Michael Page, and pick your brain on what you know about recruitment

Negotiate salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Michael Page in July 2013.

Submitted a resume for a job in finance then was asked to interview for Michael Page. Did not feel that they were very transparent in telling me everything about the role and company.

Interview Questions
    • The job was really a sales job (commission-based). During the interview I was asked to do some very extensive sales role play. I felt this was rather obnixious at a certain point - sales role play can be insightful, but really should only be an exercise.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Process took 4 weeks total. 2 rounds of phone interviews and 2 rounds of face to face interviews with multiple managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michael Page.

The interview process is not for the faint of heart. Was contacted by someone from LinkedIn and I inquired. We had an initial 20 minute phone call and was set up with an interview that next week. The initial interview lasted about 3 hours where I met with 5 people: director, manager and a few of the junior and senior staff of the team. I then was given a caliper test which took about 30 minutes.

From there, I was asked to come back the following week and was to prepare a presentation. I was there for another 3 hours or so and met with the regional director. I was extended an offer that day.

Interview Questions
    • Very general sales-like questions. Nothing that was act through me too off. They really want to see if you are going to be a good culture fit and generally fit in with the team.

What motivates you?
      How were you raised?
        Answer Question
    They want to know who you are interviewing with so be prepared to tell them.

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Michael Page.

Personality caliper test, roles plays, interviews

Interview Questions
    they try to push you to decide ASAP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michael Page in December 2013.

I initially applied online & heard back fairly quickly (a day later I think) by email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty relaxed..basic questions about my experience/education followed by a lot of talk about what the position would entail. I was invited for an in person interview the following week. My interviewer told me that I need to make sure I come prepared with answers to what they may ask me including stock price, how many countries MP is in, as well as make sure I can do sales role plays. He also said my resume was going to be torn apart so I should have an example for each point.The in-person interview was horrible. At first I thought I was doing okay, answering basic questions until the role plays. If you are not prepared (and I thought I was) you will be criticized as to what you're saying wrong. This went on for about an hour. I was invited to come back in for a second interview the next week and was told I was going to be tested on how much I've improved from the first round. Second interview came and it was even worse than the first. I think it's pretty unprofessional to constantly criticize someone who you're interviewing with and MP didn't fail to do that. I was ready to walk out at one point. I met with my initial interviewer and another person during the second round. When it was over I was told there would be a decision that night and I would be informed the same day. Heard nothing back until two days later telling me I was probably not a right fit for Michael Page and the standards they adhere to. A blessing in disguise I'd say since the vibe I got was horrible.

Interview Questions

Worked for Michael Page? Contribute to the Community!