Michael Page Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Michael Page.

I was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone a few times. They had me come into the office and interview with 4 or 5 different people. There were no hard questions. It was a very relaxed interview. I never heard back to hear if I got the position or not even thought I followed up after the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Michael Page

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michael Page in April 2014.

I had an on campus interview that was very rushed and it felt like the interviewer did not really care that I was interested in the position. He asked me obscure and seemingly pointless questions while ignoring my entire work history. He then asked me to come to New York (not close locations wise) for a hiring day where they are interviewing a mass of people at a fair - also felt like I would just be a number in their organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Process took 4 weeks total. 2 rounds of phone interviews and 2 rounds of face to face interviews with multiple managers.

Phone interview, Skype Interview, in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • How will Michael Page recruiting be different from the recruiting position you're currently in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michael Page in December 2013.

Michael Page SF contacted me to interview for a recruiter position within their organization.

First contact was an initial 30 min phone call with a Manager. He was very upbeat and direct. After a 30 min conversation I was invited in for a face to face.

Their SF office is in a very nice location, in the heart of SF. Met with the Regional Director and the Manager.

In general the F2F interview was easy. They asked mostly situational questions, and seemed to try and ask a lot of trick questions. - ones where there is no real right answer just a best choice.

In the end their attitude was very strange. They gave me the impression that I should feel privileged to work with them, and that I had to become one of the guys to work there. They were very cocky and arrogant. In reality, Michael Page has nearly zero brand in the US, they do not use tools like Salesforce, or marketing automation and rely on an army of low paid reps to use brute force to make their numbers.

If you are young, and want to get into recruiting this might be a good place to start, expect to work 7-7 daily, make 100's of calls, follow orders and be constantly judged and compared to your co-workers, they spoke of their employees as machines.

Salary is low for the region, basic SDR's make more w/o experience. But for recruiting positions it seems fairly on par. The idea is within 2-3 years you develop a book of business, that pays $100-$200k annually.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a situation where an hr person tells me that they could find the same people as MP, and that they do not need us, what do I say?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Michael Page.

They found me from a resume I uploaded on a career board. Met with 3 people (unexpectedly). First person I talked with was super nice walked me through the position. The next 2 people asked me more about the skills and if I could handle sales and such an intense position. Made it seem like it's a career not just a job. Said it's a very intense atmosphere- similar to a tradefloor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michael Page in July 2013.

First, underwent a phone interview. Went well and was invited in to an in-person interview. The in-person interview went so well and after meeting with 3 employees, I was invited back to a second round, in-person interview. The second round did not go as well but I still left with a pretty positive feeling. I was told I would be contacted within a week with any further information regarding the process. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing and not receiving any responses to my "thank you" emails, I decided to email them and ask the status of my application. I never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions
    • Are you motivated by money or by your overall enjoyment for the job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Michael Page in April 2011.

I interviewed here six times each time meeting with a different person and each one I met made me hate the company more. I was demeaned for my personal beliefs and my marital status. With weeks between interviews I was beginning to wonder what was going on. After my last interview I was asked to go out for drinks yet I was never offered the job yet. I thought this to be strange but accepted the invitation figuring maybe it was some sort of team initiation thing. Drinks never happened as I was blown off and I never heard from them again. Good riddance!! I moved onto greener pastures. I'd highly suggest not wasting your time here. They are unprofessional, rude and miserable working for Michael page.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michael Page in May 2009.

Several rounds of interviews with management team, time shadowing a consultant at the desk and presentation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Michael Page in May 2009.

The people interviewing lied and told me how the company was doing well in this economy yet, after doing research they have let go over 1000 people and closed two offices in the last year

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather help people or make money?   View Answer

I declined the offer because this company is a joke, the managers don’t know what they are talking about and down right lied to my face on how the company is doing financially. Realistically if you don't make placements in a month, you won't have a job