Michaels Stores

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assistant Floral Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2011.

I had no luck getting in touch with the managers at the NYC store. They only want to review applications online. When I called the Queens location, the manager spoke with me and granted me an interview. During my interview, we spoke of several positions that were open and he was an advocate for me to get me the job I wanted. At that time, due to corporate bueracracy, they couldn't hire me for it, so I took the next best position.
Once I started, I realized the position I was hired for, was not a fit, (due to an injury I had) and he once again advocated for me and was able to get me into the position I originally went in for. This particular manager is a gem. He is a rare commodity.

Interview Questions
  • This interview was a easy because we developed an immediate rapport.   Answer Question
There is not much wiggle room when you apply for a retail position. I was however, able to keep the higher salary as I moved into the next position for a seasonal job.