Michaels Stores

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Floral Designer Interview

Queens Village, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had no luck getting in touch with the managers at the NYC store. They only want to review applications online. When I called the Queens location, the manager spoke with me and granted me an interview. During my interview, we spoke of several positions that were open and he was an advocate for me to get me the job I wanted. At that time, due to corporate bueracracy, they couldn't hire me for it, so I took the next best position.
Once I started, I realized the position I was hired for, was not a fit, (due to an injury I had) and he once again advocated for me and was able to get me into the position I originally went in for. This particular manager is a gem. He is a rare commodity.

Interview Question – This interview was a easy because we developed an immediate rapport.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not much wiggle room when you apply for a retail position. I was however, able to keep the higher salary as I moved into the next position for a seasonal job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Michaels Stores

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores Assistant Floral Designer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees and interview candidates.