Michaels Stores

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Very Pleasant ,interesting, however hiring DM left company shortly after and then round robin of DM's started. Very confusing as each one had their priorities. Not very consistent, many changes.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. They have a set of questions they ask,standard cookie cutter, and unless DM decides to have a real conversation, it would be difficult to assess actual abilities.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview process went very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in January 2014.

I submitted an on-line application... After a few weeks I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview . The phone interview took place and they asked me to submit by resume by a certain date. I did so well within that time frame and sent a voicemail stating that it had been sent as I instructed. I never received a response to the voicemail nor the e-mail I sent. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! I was stunned at MICHAELS...

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my managerial experiences and my role in my current job which includes management experience.   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2012.

I went through 2 phone interviews with HR. I was then set up with District Manager for formal interview. I was then waiting on my Background check . Entire process took 3 weeks before I was offerered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple interview. Standard questions.   View Answer
    Three weeks then I was offered position where I traveled to another state to train for 5 weeks. I was then flown to Dallas Tx for 5 days then placed in my store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2011.

You have to turn in a letter of interest along with a resume. Then you are at some point given an interview time. I was at work when I was told that my interview would be the next morning. When I gave my letter of interest I was told nothing. About a week before the interview even though I did not know the exact date the manager handed me some papers and said to read them. That was it. I did ask another manager what I should know because there was nothing in the papers I was given to let me know how to prepare for the interview. The papers only showed what modules you would be learning when hired.

Interview Questions
    • The first question was "If you are not hired for this position will you quit?"   View Answers (2)