Michaels Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (York, PA).

Interview

I only had one, 15 minute interview before I was hired. The hiring manager/store manager was absolutely fantastic, and felt like she was actually listening to you, not just hurrying off to do something else.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Michaels?   Answer Question
  • If you had a customer come to you, and they're negative, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I showed up for my interview 10 minuets early and the assistant manager took me straight back to the room where they do their classes. She introduced herself and asked me the question "tell me about yourself." After that question she admitted this was her first interview and did not know what questions to ask me. I told her about myself and abou my schedule. She said she couldn't offer me the job yet since I was the first interview but she would call me Sunday about starting. I have not heard back from her.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I actually got to speak to two of the store managers, they were very nice, super polite. From what I've heard neither one of these managers works there any more, its quite a shame. I was rather nervous for the interview, but it took about 15 minutes and got called in to start training about a couple of days after.

Interview Questions

• Why I was applying for a job at Michael's? if I knew much about crafts, and that was about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

It was a very easy interview, I came in ten minutes early and met with someone who took me to the classroom they have to the side. Then she asked me a few questions that were basic interview questions, like what my past jobs were like, how did I handle a difficult customer and for a group project what kind of role did I take? The interview lasted about ten minutes and was easy because the person interviewing me was really friendly.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2015.

Interview

It was basic for the most part. Anyone can get a job there. The people are really kindhearted and there's a feel-good vibe. I definitely recommend working there. It's fun and a relaxed place where you can clear your head.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process is very easy. They ask you a little about yourself, ask if you like crafts and if so what kind. Want to know your availability. Might ask you about situations and how you would react but most interviews are around 5-10 minutes and very easy and basic questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your weakness and strengths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plover, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Plover, WI).

Interview

The application process included a ridiculous intelligence/skills test that seems to have no relevance to the position. After the application was submitted, they called the next day to set up an interview.

There were two interviews. The first interview took place with one of the customer experience managers and was really easy. These were just the common questions like why do you want to work here etc. and experience based questions.

The second interview was with the store manager a week or so later. These were more experience based questions and questions on work ethic. Again fairly easy and simple. Job was offered at the second interview towards the end.

Had to come in a third time to fill out paperwork and do a short safety training session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Redlands, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 6 other potential hires, each asked questions about background and interview questions. It seemed a bit overwhelming and redundant to have others interview with you since we almost all had the same answers to some of the questions. Trying to be original was a bit hard, but answering the questions in a way that you were staying true to yourself is always best in that situation.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to Michael's as an employee?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I applied online and went into an hour-long group interview. I was only there with two other interviewees and a manager and supervisor were there to interview us. They asked us if we had already filled out the application (which we all had) and then they had us write down our names and the position we were interested in. The two ladies who were interviewing us were super nice and funny and laidback, which was good. They basically just explained each job description and talking a little about the different classes that they offered for different positions. We then played two truths and a lie, which I really wasn't expecting. And then after that, they just explained some stuff more and asked if we had any questions, which they were good about answering.

Interview Questions

• We weren't really asked any questions. It was mostly them talking and us asking some clarifying questions about different positions and hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. That part was also pretty straightforward and quick. They called a few days after the group interview and asked if I wanted the job. I said yes, and I went in the following Friday to get set up.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interview process consist of two interviews. One with the assistant manager and then the store manager. They ask behavior questions. They also explain to you what your role would be at the store.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. They were behavioral, you just need to prepare for them.   Answer Question