Michaels Stores

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Annapolis, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to set up an interview. Got interviewed the next day. I got there early and was taken straight into an office. The guy was super cool. I practiced answering a bunch of questions for no reason lol He only asked me about my previous job and then told me everything about the job (how much i will get paid, uniforms, things i would have to do as a cashier, ect) He kept saying i would most likely get the job. We then started talking about my college (me and his son go to the same college) and asked if i played any sports. The interview was only about 10-15 min. He basically told me i got the job and that he will call me next week to tell me when orientation will be! Easiest interview ever!

Negotiation Details – I liked the wage he gave me

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – this was a quick interview. they asked about my availability. They explained all available positions and the schedule times.They also explained the employees benefits and discount available. The woman was very open and knowledgeable about the company . She also explained the possibility of growing with the company.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Interviewed at Michaels Stores

Interview Details – I received a call to set up an interview. The day of the Interview was great I asked for management they were there to start and it started smoothly. Talked about what I had written on my application, previous jobs, experiences with arts and crafts. I then got the call to see when I could start.

Interview Question – If I am comfortable working with children?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Michaels Stores

Interview Details – This was for a holiday position: Received a phone call from the manager requesting an interview. I went the following day, after the interview I was offered the job and started working within a week.

Interview Question – What would you say is your biggest flaw?   Answer Question

Manchester, CT

Interview Details – I had one interview with the store manager. He was friendly and very clear on expectations. He was also flexible with my availability. This was the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. Anyone who has worked customer service or helped others in any capacity would be able to answer the common sense questions that were asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from the store 2 days after applying which I was unable to answer. They did not leave a message, so I called them back a couple days later and had an interview set up within 2 days. The interview was very quick and laid back. I was asked about what I had put on my application and told what hours they had available and what the pay would be. No other questions were asked. The next day I got a call offering me the job, and I began working the day after.

Interview Question – None. I was only asked about my background information that I had put on my application.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through snagajob and got called in for an interview a couple of weeks later. I applied for a cashier position at one store, but was told that, since my availability was relatively open, I would be hired to set up a new store and, when that was done, I may or may not be asked to stay. The interview was very informal. I was asked maybe three questions and told to "just come back tomorrow" for training. It all took about five minutes.

Interview Question – What was your best customer service experience?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in the store with current resume. (A friend of mine who knew the assistant manager had already put in a good word for me so they were expecting my application & resume) Was called for an interview within just a few days. I was offered the position & I accepted.position.

Interview Question – Unexpected question at end of interview with store manager..."Are you after my job?"   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I simply stated I would not take a minimum wage position.

Union City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was invited to a face-to-face interview with the store manager. Got hired on the spot and came back next week to sign paperwork. Background check before interview took around 3 weeks.

Interview Question – What is your experience with crafts?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, salary is already set and there's no room for negotiations.

Huntington, WV

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details – Quite a long on-line application. Takes a while to hear anything back, Interview was quick and perfunctory. If you can pass the application process and seem minimally responsible you can get the job. Showing up on-time for your shift is paramount.

Interview Question – None. I was immediately offered the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating at the entry level position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michaels Stores

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores Cashier interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees and interview candidates.