Michaels Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2015.

Interview

It was basic for the most part. Anyone can get a job there. The people are really kindhearted and there's a feel-good vibe. I definitely recommend working there. It's fun and a relaxed place where you can clear your head.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process is very easy. They ask you a little about yourself, ask if you like crafts and if so what kind. Want to know your availability. Might ask you about situations and how you would react but most interviews are around 5-10 minutes and very easy and basic questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Plover, WI).

Interview

The application process included a ridiculous intelligence/skills test that seems to have no relevance to the position. After the application was submitted, they called the next day to set up an interview.

There were two interviews. The first interview took place with one of the customer experience managers and was really easy. These were just the common questions like why do you want to work here etc. and experience based questions.

The second interview was with the store manager a week or so later. These were more experience based questions and questions on work ethic. Again fairly easy and simple. Job was offered at the second interview towards the end.

Had to come in a third time to fill out paperwork and do a short safety training session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I applied online and went into an hour-long group interview. I was only there with two other interviewees and a manager and supervisor were there to interview us. They asked us if we had already filled out the application (which we all had) and then they had us write down our names and the position we were interested in. The two ladies who were interviewing us were super nice and funny and laidback, which was good. They basically just explained each job description and talking a little about the different classes that they offered for different positions. We then played two truths and a lie, which I really wasn't expecting. And then after that, they just explained some stuff more and asked if we had any questions, which they were good about answering.

Interview Questions

• We weren't really asked any questions. It was mostly them talking and us asking some clarifying questions about different positions and hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. That part was also pretty straightforward and quick. They called a few days after the group interview and asked if I wanted the job. I said yes, and I went in the following Friday to get set up.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interview process consist of two interviews. One with the assistant manager and then the store manager. They ask behavior questions. They also explain to you what your role would be at the store.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. They were behavioral, you just need to prepare for them.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Vallejo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very short and concise. When I went in for my interview It was basically just the interviewer telling me the job description, what my job would entail, and what kind of personality that would compliment the job (So don't worry about getting grilled or anything). It lasted about 15 to 20 minutes at the most, and was not at all stressful or intimidating.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Cedar Park, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about setting up an interview two days later. I missed the call and wasn't able to schedule an interview until the next day. Two days after the initial call, I interviewed in person with the manager. We talked about my previous experience and whether I had retail or customer service experience. I was hired on the spot for a receiver position, not a cashier position, but with the possibility of being a cashier at a later date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a receiving position. Salary is non negotiable but I got a higher rate of pay than the average starting employee because of my previous experience.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Online application, very easy, was called to come in the next day. One of the easier online applications I've filled out. The store manager interviewed me, it was short and sweet. Very basic questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

I got a voicemail from the store and then when I called back they asked if I was still interested to work for them and then I replied yes and they asked if I wanted an interview and I replied yes again. When I went in for the interview everyone was very nice and they pulled me into the office for like 5 minutes explaining how they would train me and my pay and then they only asked who I knew that worked there and then what would I do with a customer who is cranky about only being able to use one coupon then she said they were offering me a job and got my info and gave me a training date.

Interview Questions

• There was only one question and it was super easy I barely had to think.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

this was a quick interview. they asked about my availability. They explained all available positions and the schedule times.They also explained the employees benefits and discount available. The woman was very open and knowledgeable about the company . She also explained the possibility of growing with the company.