Michaels Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014

1.7

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Online application, very easy, was called to come in the next day. One of the easier online applications I've filled out. The store manager interviewed me, it was short and sweet. Very basic questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Frist there is a math/comprehension test online that is more complicated than necessary. Two interviews for a position that I didn't apply for. A phone call to determine time then a basic interview with non personal questions.

3am and not the position applied for

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

I got a voicemail from the store and then when I called back they asked if I was still interested to work for them and then I replied yes and they asked if I wanted an interview and I replied yes again. When I went in for the interview everyone was very nice and they pulled me into the office for like 5 minutes explaining how they would train me and my pay and then they only asked who I knew that worked there and then what would I do with a customer who is cranky about only being able to use one coupon then she said they were offering me a job and got my info and gave me a training date.

Interview Questions
    • There was only one question and it was super easy I barely had to think.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

this was a quick interview. they asked about my availability. They explained all available positions and the schedule times.They also explained the employees benefits and discount available. The woman was very open and knowledgeable about the company . She also explained the possibility of growing with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to set up an interview. Got interviewed the next day. I got there early and was taken straight into an office. The guy was super cool. I practiced answering a bunch of questions for no reason lol He only asked me about my previous job and then told me everything about the job (how much i will get paid, uniforms, things i would have to do as a cashier, ect) He kept saying i would most likely get the job. We then started talking about my college (me and his son go to the same college) and asked if i played any sports. The interview was only about 10-15 min. He basically told me i got the job and that he will call me next week to tell me when orientation will be! Easiest interview ever!

I liked the wage he gave me

Cashier Interview

I received a call to set up an interview. The day of the Interview was great I asked for management they were there to start and it started smoothly. Talked about what I had written on my application, previous jobs, experiences with arts and crafts. I then got the call to see when I could start.

Cashier Interview

This was for a holiday position: Received a phone call from the manager requesting an interview. I went the following day, after the interview I was offered the job and started working within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

I had one interview with the store manager. He was friendly and very clear on expectations. He was also flexible with my availability. This was the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. Anyone who has worked customer service or helped others in any capacity would be able to answer the common sense questions that were asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

I received a call from the store 2 days after applying which I was unable to answer. They did not leave a message, so I called them back a couple days later and had an interview set up within 2 days. The interview was very quick and laid back. I was asked about what I had put on my application and told what hours they had available and what the pay would be. No other questions were asked. The next day I got a call offering me the job, and I began working the day after.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was only asked about my background information that I had put on my application.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2013.

I applied online through SnagAJob. I read a few of the reviews about the interview process on here and decided to wait a bit for them to call and schedule an interview. 5 days later, I went to the store and turned in my resume to the manager. She told me that they would check to see if they had openings in the schedule to interview me because they were doing interviews that exact day. Then she scheduled me an appointment for 2 hours later. I went in 5 minutes early when my interviewer came out and took me back to the classroom in the back of the store. She asked me questions about my experiences and then asked if I had questions. Once this was all over, she told me they would run a background check and then call me. I was very pleased to hear this. A week after this happened, I got a little nervous because they still hadn't contacted me. I decided to call the store. I was informed that they were still running background checks and would be making calls to schedule orientation once they were completed. That was two days ago and this morning I got a call. They asked me to come in tomorrow morning for an interview. I am not sure what will happen yet, but I'm confident it will go well.
    Just remember, you're looking for a job. Be proactive, but not obnoxious. Have confidence in your ability!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to bend the rules to accomplish a goal?   View Answer

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!