Michaels Stores

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – Online application, very easy, was called to come in the next day. One of the easier online applications I've filled out. The store manager interviewed me, it was short and sweet. Very basic questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Michael's?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details – I got a voicemail from the store and then when I called back they asked if I was still interested to work for them and then I replied yes and they asked if I wanted an interview and I replied yes again. When I went in for the interview everyone was very nice and they pulled me into the office for like 5 minutes explaining how they would train me and my pay and then they only asked who I knew that worked there and then what would I do with a customer who is cranky about only being able to use one coupon then she said they were offering me a job and got my info and gave me a training date.

Interview Question – There was only one question and it was super easy I barely had to think.   Answer Question

Naperville, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details – Friendly interview, felt casual and they showed interest in my own interests and skills. They showed appreciation for the skills I had an offered that they wanted me to be working in framing.

Interview Question – They were all the usual questions, nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me a higher pay because of experience.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details – Frist there is a math/comprehension test online that is more complicated than necessary. Two interviews for a position that I didn't apply for. A phone call to determine time then a basic interview with non personal questions.

Interview Question – Can you come into work at 3am and unload trucks for $8 an hour   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – 3am and not the position applied for

Annapolis, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to set up an interview. Got interviewed the next day. I got there early and was taken straight into an office. The guy was super cool. I practiced answering a bunch of questions for no reason lol He only asked me about my previous job and then told me everything about the job (how much i will get paid, uniforms, things i would have to do as a cashier, ect) He kept saying i would most likely get the job. We then started talking about my college (me and his son go to the same college) and asked if i played any sports. The interview was only about 10-15 min. He basically told me i got the job and that he will call me next week to tell me when orientation will be! Easiest interview ever!

Negotiation Details – I liked the wage he gave me

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – this was a quick interview. they asked about my availability. They explained all available positions and the schedule times.They also explained the employees benefits and discount available. The woman was very open and knowledgeable about the company . She also explained the possibility of growing with the company.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Interviewed at Michaels Stores

Interview Details – I received a call to set up an interview. The day of the Interview was great I asked for management they were there to start and it started smoothly. Talked about what I had written on my application, previous jobs, experiences with arts and crafts. I then got the call to see when I could start.

Interview Question – If I am comfortable working with children?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Michaels Stores

Interview Details – This was for a holiday position: Received a phone call from the manager requesting an interview. I went the following day, after the interview I was offered the job and started working within a week.

Interview Question – What would you say is your biggest flaw?   Answer Question

Manchester, CT

Interview Details – I had one interview with the store manager. He was friendly and very clear on expectations. He was also flexible with my availability. This was the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. Anyone who has worked customer service or helped others in any capacity would be able to answer the common sense questions that were asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from the store 2 days after applying which I was unable to answer. They did not leave a message, so I called them back a couple days later and had an interview set up within 2 days. The interview was very quick and laid back. I was asked about what I had put on my application and told what hours they had available and what the pay would be. No other questions were asked. The next day I got a call offering me the job, and I began working the day after.

Interview Question – None. I was only asked about my background information that I had put on my application.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!