Michaels Stores Certified Framer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

1.6

Certified Framer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a month later. I did the general application, but was chosen for a framing interview because of my degree in art (BA). The lady giving the interview was very friendly. She showed me a piece of art, then had me select several mats and frames that would look good -- a test of color and design competency. She told me that corporate needed someone who could do a hard sell on the more expensive frame choices. She asked me if I was that person (I'm not, and she said she wasn't either actually). She also needed someone to work primarily weekends, which I wasn't overly enthusiastic about. I was one of three candidates for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to upsell customers to more expensive frames, even if a cheaper frame is a better design?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Cedar Hill, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

It was mostly a meet and greet. Matching a face to the application. I initially applied for a different position, thinking there was no way I could become a framer if I was not certified. As it turns out they have no problem training you for the position. It seemed like while the store manager had an endless number of tasks to accomplish, she took the time to let me know she appreciated my time as much as hers. After. She was happy with my answers, she called in the framing manager and he asked more industry related questions. As long as you know the basics about art and or design, the interview will go smoothly. Don't overthink it, it is a strait forward process.

Interview Questions

• color theory,upselling, ect...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

Basically I filled out an online application and a couple days later I walked in and spoke to the manager just asking to follow up on the application and brought me over and looked at the application and said they would do a background check and then I was hired.

Interview Questions

• He asked why I was laid off last time I worked here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

The manager was very distracted, and was not at all interested in my art background.

Negotiation

There were NO negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2008.

Interview

Disregarded my previous experience as a framer & top sales associate. Offered me very low pay in comparison to others getting hired, who had no experience.

Because of the pay. I came back later & asked for the position for the average Ohio pay scale. They accepted it then.