Michaels Stores

Updated Nov 17, 2014

1.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Certified Framer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2014.

I applied online and received a call about a month later. I did the general application, but was chosen for a framing interview because of my degree in art (BA). The lady giving the interview was very friendly. She showed me a piece of art, then had me select several mats and frames that would look good -- a test of color and design competency. She told me that corporate needed someone who could do a hard sell on the more expensive frame choices. She asked me if I was that person (I'm not, and she said she wasn't either actually). She also needed someone to work primarily weekends, which I wasn't overly enthusiastic about. I was one of three candidates for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to upsell customers to more expensive frames, even if a cheaper frame is a better design?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2011.

Basically I filled out an online application and a couple days later I walked in and spoke to the manager just asking to follow up on the application and brought me over and looked at the application and said they would do a background check and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • He asked why I was laid off last time I worked here.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2011.

The manager was very distracted, and was not at all interested in my art background.

There were NO negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2008.

Disregarded my previous experience as a framer & top sales associate. Offered me very low pay in comparison to others getting hired, who had no experience.

Because of the pay. I came back later & asked for the position for the average Ohio pay scale. They accepted it then.