Michaels Stores Custom Framer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Sales Associate (47)
- Cashier (36)
- Replenishment Associate (25)
- Store Manager (10)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (9)
- Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service (9)
- Part Time Replenishment Associate (8)
- Certified Custom Framer (7)
- Department Manager (7)
- Customer Experience Manager (7)
- Sales Floor Associate (6)
- Seasonal Cashier (5)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (4)
- Assistant Manager (4)
- Assistant Store Manager (3)
- Floral Designer (3)
- Certified Framer (3)
- Cashier/Sales (3)
- Support Specialist (3)
- Freight Audit Analyst (2)
- Custom Framer (2)
- Operations Manager (2)
- Manager (2)
- Lead Sales Associate (2)
- Associate (2)
- Associate Buyer (1)
- Software (1)
- CEM (1)
- Any Available (1)
- Stocker (1)
Very Easy Interview
Custom Framer Interview (Positive Experience; Very Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2011.
Interview Details – I initially applied for a custom framer position, but I listed knitting and crochet as my hobbies. The store manager called and I had a one-on-one interview. A few days later I was contacted and told a current employee got the position, but would I be interested in being a class instructor? I had to apply and be certified as an instructor with another company (you are a Michaels employee but you work for this other company- kind of weird). The local store manager was/is extremely nice and helpful.
- What are your hobbies? What do you do for fun? View Answer
- Do you like to help people when they have questions about their projects? Do you like explaining how to use the products we sell? View Answer
Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Everything is set.
Custom Framer Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2009.
Interview Details – 1:1 with store manager, limited questions, mostly about past experience. 4 page personality test and a several page IQ test. No drug testing. Very low key, not really professional.
Interview Question – Like I said very limited questions. Mostly about past experience. Very simple.
Seemed as if I passed the written part of the interview I was in. Answer Question
Reason for Declining – Didn't care for the environment.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Michaels Stores