Michaels Stores

Very Easy Interview

Custom Framer Interview

Custom Framer
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details – I initially applied for a custom framer position, but I listed knitting and crochet as my hobbies. The store manager called and I had a one-on-one interview. A few days later I was contacted and told a current employee got the position, but would I be interested in being a class instructor? I had to apply and be certified as an instructor with another company (you are a Michaels employee but you work for this other company- kind of weird). The local store manager was/is extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? What do you do for fun?   View Answer
  • Do you like to help people when they have questions about their projects? Do you like explaining how to use the products we sell?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Everything is set.

Custom Framer Interview

Custom Framer
Enfield, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1:1 with store manager, limited questions, mostly about past experience. 4 page personality test and a several page IQ test. No drug testing. Very low key, not really professional.

Interview Question – Like I said very limited questions. Mostly about past experience. Very simple.
Seemed as if I passed the written part of the interview I was in.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't care for the environment.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!