Michaels Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Custom Framer Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details – I initially applied for a custom framer position, but I listed knitting and crochet as my hobbies. The store manager called and I had a one-on-one interview. A few days later I was contacted and told a current employee got the position, but would I be interested in being a class instructor? I had to apply and be certified as an instructor with another company (you are a Michaels employee but you work for this other company- kind of weird). The local store manager was/is extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? What do you do for fun?   View Answer
  • Do you like to help people when they have questions about their projects? Do you like explaining how to use the products we sell?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Everything is set.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Custom Framer Interview

Enfield, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1:1 with store manager, limited questions, mostly about past experience. 4 page personality test and a several page IQ test. No drug testing. Very low key, not really professional.

Interview Question – Like I said very limited questions. Mostly about past experience. Very simple.
Seemed as if I passed the written part of the interview I was in.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't care for the environment.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Michaels Stores

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores Custom Framer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees and interview candidates.