Michaels Stores Customer Experience Manager Interview Questions

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

If your positive and available....you pretty much have the job. Keep a good outlook and your foots in the front door!

Interview Questions

• Do you sell furniture? REALLY?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and understanding

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (League City, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

We use PeopleAnswers to hire and to change former employees to re-hire or not. There is generally only one interview that you must go through unless you sore being interviewed for a higher up position in the company such as assistant store manager or higher. If that is the case, the store manager and district manager will both interview you. Training is not very thorough. You learn most of your job through trial and error.

Interview Questions

• We generally ask why you would want to work for a craft store, and what hoodies you have. Please refrain from saying, "Yeah I like painting and sketching sometimes." We want to hear from passionate fine art people. If you paint, what type of medium do you like to use the most, or what do you find most difficult about it. Same as sketching, pastels, charcoal, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not too much negotiation to really discuss. Pay is generally based on experience. Do your research on the store and reviews before you pick which store manager you would like to work under, and be very specific about your availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Woodland, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process was extremely easy.

Interview Questions

• None. All generic stuff like: When was a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

I was recruited for my position by a store manager, who approached me at my then current job. I called her to set up and interview and quickly met with her and discussed what I wanted in a job and what she could offer. She then suggested as a candidate to another store manager and I had a second interview with another store manager, which went well. A couple weeks later I got a third interview with yet a third and then finally with the District Manager. On my fifth interview, I was offered a job, finally! Geeesh! Phew!

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy keeping busy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Rome, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had called the store manager last Friday (April 20, 2012), told her I had applied on snagajob.com. She informed me that the position was filled but she would keep my name and number in case something comes available. She called me on Monday (April 23, 2012) for an interview on short notice of that afternoon, I went to the interview had a great time. I really enjoyed the interview, she asked normal interview questions. She told me it was a full time position, and what she expected. I left the interview with being told that she would run my background check and I would hear back from her on Wednesday (April 25, 2012). I called her on the 26th to see where things were going, and she said that she would check the status of the back ground check and call me soon. So im waiting to hear back, I REALLY hope I hear back.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Austin, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with my store manager (I was already working as a cashier), and he let me know what would be expected of me if I were to get the job. I asked questions of him too. He ended up hiring someone else as the part-time CEM, but she only lasted about 2 months, before accepting a job elsewhere that paid more and she got more hours. A month after she was gone, my store manager pulled me into his office and asked if I was still interested in the CEM position. I said I was, and he let me know that I would start training on that next Sunday. I am currently looking for another job, because the promotion and pay raise aren't great, and I have bills to pay.

Interview Questions

• What type of skills do you have that are related to this position?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The 2 main questions or statements are: 1)Sundays are a must 2)Everyone works the weekend after Thanksgiving. 3)Tell me about your experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wasn't one

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2011.

Interview

I was already a member of the company changing positions. I submitted a letter of interest and was interviewed not long after. The interview consisted of: 1. Why I was a better choice than other candidates applying (answer: I was already doing the job, just unofficially.) 2. Would I be able to commit to the somewhat challenging schedule? (answer: I had already discussed it with my spouse and it was something I could do easily.) 3. What new ideas could I bring to the program? (answer: I had a book ready full of ideas AND how to implement them right away.) After all applicants were interviewed, I was offered the position and a raise.

Interview Questions

• "The schedule for this position can be challenging and opposite where you're at right now. How do you think you'll be able to handle it? (Lots of late nights, in other words.)"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected, so I did not negotiate since I knew the approximate pay scale.