Michaels Stores

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – If your positive and available....you pretty much have the job. Keep a good outlook and your foots in the front door!

Interview Question – Do you sell furniture? REALLY?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and understanding

Woodland, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was extremely easy.

Interview Question – None. All generic stuff like: When was a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Rome, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had called the store manager last Friday (April 20, 2012), told her I had applied on snagajob.com. She informed me that the position was filled but she would keep my name and number in case something comes available. She called me on Monday (April 23, 2012) for an interview on short notice of that afternoon, I went to the interview had a great time. I really enjoyed the interview, she asked normal interview questions. She told me it was a full time position, and what she expected. I left the interview with being told that she would run my background check and I would hear back from her on Wednesday (April 25, 2012). I called her on the 26th to see where things were going, and she said that she would check the status of the back ground check and call me soon. So im waiting to hear back, I REALLY hope I hear back.

Interview Question – What can you bring to Michael's?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with my store manager (I was already working as a cashier), and he let me know what would be expected of me if I were to get the job. I asked questions of him too. He ended up hiring someone else as the part-time CEM, but she only lasted about 2 months, before accepting a job elsewhere that paid more and she got more hours. A month after she was gone, my store manager pulled me into his office and asked if I was still interested in the CEM position. I said I was, and he let me know that I would start training on that next Sunday. I am currently looking for another job, because the promotion and pay raise aren't great, and I have bills to pay.

Interview Question – What type of skills do you have that are related to this position?   View Answer

Customer Experience Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – The 2 main questions or statements are:
1)Sundays are a must
2)Everyone works the weekend after Thanksgiving.
3)Tell me about your experience

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wasn't one

Customer Experience Manager

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was already a member of the company changing positions. I submitted a letter of interest and was interviewed not long after. The interview consisted of:
1. Why I was a better choice than other candidates applying (answer: I was already doing the job, just unofficially.)
2. Would I be able to commit to the somewhat challenging schedule? (answer: I had already discussed it with my spouse and it was something I could do easily.)
3. What new ideas could I bring to the program? (answer: I had a book ready full of ideas AND how to implement them right away.)

After all applicants were interviewed, I was offered the position and a raise.

Interview Question – "The schedule for this position can be challenging and opposite where you're at right now. How do you think you'll be able to handle it? (Lots of late nights, in other words.)"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I expected, so I did not negotiate since I knew the approximate pay scale.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michaels Stores

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores Customer Experience Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees and interview candidates.