Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Michaels Stores
- Cashier (61)
- Sales Associate (61)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (41)
- Replenishment Associate (38)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (17)
- Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service (13)
- Store Manager (12)
- Certified Custom Framer (12)
- Seasonal Cashier (11)
- Part Time Replenishment Associate (10)
- Customer Experience Manager (8)
- Department Manager (8)
- Sales Floor Associate (7)
- Assistant Store Manager (6)
- Assistant Manager (5)
- Certified Framer (5)
- Support Specialist (5)
- Cashier/Sales (4)
- Operations Manager (3)
- Customer Experience Associate (3)
- Manager (3)
- Lead Sales Associate (3)
- Floral Designer (3)
- Replenishment (3)
- Custom Framer (2)
- Associate (2)
- Material Handler (2)
- Cashier, Sales Associate (2)
- Freight Audit Analyst (2)
- Early Morning Replenishment Associate (2)
Floral Designer Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Ocoee, FL) in May 2014.
Manager contacted me by phone months after I had applied. I told him I was only interested in full time. He said even though it was part time he could pay me more than where I am currently working (a competitor). I decided I would go ahead and set up an interview. Rushed over after finishing my shift and got there early. Took the toll road so I could make it on time. Manager was more than an hour late. He was out running errands. The only reason I stayed was because I had already come all the way across town and didn't want to reschedule. After telling me how important the position is and how it's a money maker for the store he told me again he could pay me more than what I was making. I'm paid right now 10.00/hr. He offered me 10.85. What a joke! I told him the minimum I would accept was 12.00/hr. That's what the florist who taught me was paid back in 1998 when I worked at another craft store.
- He asked me how many arrangements I could make in a day. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores
Floral Designer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Phila, PA) in November 2011.
extended questions on floral processes and knowledge tests, including customer presentation for weddings, funeral work and special occasions. Online Application mandatory for all positions within company , including aptitude test. Once this is passed, in person interviews can happen. My prior work experience in floral design and sales management helped me get the initial interview. I would still recommend to make a person to person introduction at the store you want to apply for a position.
- describe your worst experience with a customer and how did you resolve the situation? 1 Answer
depending for what type of position you are applying, previous experience in your chosen field is a definite plus and will have an impact on compensation. I found Michaels to be very accommodating in regard to my life circumstances as well as monetary compensation .
Floral Designer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2010.
they will ask for experience and how quickly you can produce pieces
- would you turn in an associate if you knew they were doing something wrong Answer Question