Michaels Stores Interview Questions

2.0

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2014.

One on one interview - basic questions. As long as you are comfortable doing physical work. Make sure you mention that. Make sure to answer clearly and positively, and that you are available at night. They'll ask if you know the basic tasks and if you can accomplish lifting, loading, climbing, and lots of walking.

Framing Manager Interview

Pretty straightforward, I applied internally from another position. I completed a phone interview with the district manager as she was out of town. I then Interviewed with current manager and the assistant manager together the same day. I was told about the increase in pay and offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were pretty much expected. Mostly dealing with employees and interacting with customers. Brush up on company policies if you are unfamiliar.   Answer Question
    There was not really any negotiation. The pay scale was based on my current pay and then raised according to how much higher the management position was from that.

Sales Associate/Cashier/Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2014.

I was surprised by a group interview, the last time I went (2-4 years ago) they only used to do one on one interviews. So be prepared for that. Also, they will ask everyone different questions, try to stay calm and try to think of multiple ways of answering. Make yourself sound resourceful, I made the mistake of answering too quickly because I was a little nervous. The interviewers try to be friendly and remind you to smile the entire time. Try to avoid saying "Um" "Like" a lot. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • If you're not keeping up, what do you do?   View Answer

Manager, Pricing Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rutland, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutland, VT

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in January 2010.

Position is hired in store. must show initiative and a strong knowledge of plan-o-grams. Knowledge of all product and store layout a must. Knowledge of internal office operations, corporate computer and inventory systems. Filing process as well as management preferences. A strong knowledge of inventor control infrared guns. You have to also be flexible about where you work sometime you will not have as many changes in a week as others and you are required to work in other areas of the store and could work any area so you are really being groomed for store management as you learn every aspect of store operations.

Interview Questions
    • No real big ones here just proven go to good attitude.   View Answer
    Substantial raise from regular hourly employee.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2014.

The manager did a great job telling me all the qualifications for the position and what it is going to entail. All done in a professional manner. The manager told me I would be a great fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions that I didn't have an answer for.   Answer Question
    Happy.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colma, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colma, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2014.

The interview went very smoothly.Because I am a college student,the manager inquired about my educational goals and she asked about prior jobs that I had worked at.She also asked if I was available for most times and I said that I was.Other than that,the interview wasn't very intensive and that was the majority of what she asked.It was essentially a light chat and ended within 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions,all of them were simple and straightforward.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murphy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murphy, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2012.

I saw they were hiring because of a huge sign they had in front of the store and the interview process was unexpected. It was a group interview with five pother people at the Michaels store a town over. The leading manager did it this way because she was about 9 months pregnant and was tired of interviewing. She did it kinda lazily, but it is expected since she had to interview over 100 applicants because it was a brand new store that hadn't opened yet. It was short and to the point. She asked us all questions and we took turns answering.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic, nothing out of the ordinary and nothing difficult, most of the difficult or weird questions were on the online application.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2014.

I applied online, filling out a questionnaire/survey in the process. The interview questions were the usual ones like, "Tell me about yourself and what brings you to Michaels". I was also asked if I was okay with handling money and standing for hours, which was odd because I didn't apply for cashier. I was also asked about available times. At the end, I was told that I would be called for a second interview if I fit the position.

Crafts Instructor Interview

Apply online, answer all questions online, then wait to get phone call from store based on need; interview consists of looking at your portfolio, and then discussing your availability - must be available for at least 3 classes each week - just schedule the classes 3 days a week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions asked. In fact, not an interview like any other standard interview; it's just a matter of seeing if you have talent and skill to teach the craft - and that you have personality and drive because you initiate your own classes and registration.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Avon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2012.

I was initially contacted by phone. Set up an interview for the next day, I went into the interview confident that I had just aced the interview I had set up and completed with another company and acted as if I didn't need the job (and I did, desperately). I chatted with the store manager and ended up feeling as if I wasn't going to get the job because she did not actually ask any interview questions. I receieved a phone call a day later, in the late evening and she asked me if I was willing to take the job then set me up with an orientation for a seasonal position (which later turned into an official position). I accepted and the whole process took maybe a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • I was mostly asked questions about myself and we chatted about a town we both had resided in   View Answer
    No negotiation

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!