Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

I interviewed with an assistant manager in the old location about helping set up everything in the new location. The interview seemed to go really well and she told me based on my experience in retail that they would most likely keep me on after the move as a cashier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

Around 15 mins with a store manager and was at the store. I made out an application did this on line. I was very comfortable and was able to do it after my normal school hours so I felt that they would be very accommodating. Questions were not hard and had to do with how I liked the store and how familiar I was with the store.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work experience I had. Did I like people? What did I find interesting about retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied though Michael's website and took a personality assessment, got a call 3 days later to schedule an interview. My interviewer was very friendly and easygoing and seemed genuinely interested in the the me and what I had to say. The whole interview took about 10 minutes.

Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

We were sent to the classroom in the store, where we waited for a manager to do the interview. The majority of the time was asking broad questions followed by filling out paperwork. The positions that were being filled from this group were mixed cashiers and replenishment, asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Dulles, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later from the manager. I came in for an interview the next week and it took about 15 minutes. He asked basic questions but since it was my first job interview, I was very vague about my answers. He was a really chill manager and explained how he liked to manage his employees. He was a huge advocate for the little family he had put together in the store.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions like "tell me about yourself", "if a customer thought you were being bothersome, what would you do?", and "tell me about a time you received bad customer service". The last question he asked me was "What's the number one reason I should hire you today?"   1 Answer

Replenishment Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Bloomington, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was short (less than 10 minutes) and they asked general questions. They told me about the position and if I would be okay with very early morning shifts. The manager was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How would you deal with a difficult customer? What is your availability? Where would you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (York, PA).

Interview

I only had one, 15 minute interview before I was hired. The hiring manager/store manager was absolutely fantastic, and felt like she was actually listening to you, not just hurrying off to do something else.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Michaels?   Answer Question
    • If you had a customer come to you, and they're negative, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. I came in a week after applying online, introduced myself and made sure I displayed a positive demeanor throughout the interview. For the majority of the interview, which took about 15 minutes, the interviewer kept going on about how they really push their employees to collect emails from their customers and if they did not collect a certain amount of emails, they would fire the employees. The interviewer overall was not very friendly with me and I had to call back after three to four business days since she did not contact me back within the given time frame, whether it was positive or negative feedback. When I called back, I received much less kindness than I did in the interview. The interviewer told me that I did not seem like a happy person, which was ironic considering that the interviewer was not friendly from the start and when I came into the interview that day, most of the employees did not display the friendliness or positiveness she claimed to be pushed upon the employees. The interviewer offered a 30 day trial, but I declined that offer since these reasons made it very clear to me that I did not want to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

The interview was very easy, with minimal questions that where general. It was one on one with the store manager who basically explained what the job tasks involved. The whole interview itself lasted about thirty minutes of the manager talking about the job and her pet peeves. The job was offered at the end of the interview and asked when I could come back in to fill out paperwork and go through training.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interviewing process was very easy. The store I applied at was hiring at the time so my friend, who was already working there, referred me. Because I had no previous work experience, they asked me about my education and other questions about my personality. I was offered the job on the spot.