Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.9

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Reno, NV).

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. It only took about 10-15 minutes and the questions were straightforward. I was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager, and she was pretty easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable. The questions focused more on my experience, my goals, and what I enjoyed about crafts/hobbies.

Interview Questions

• What kind of arts and crafts do you do / are you into?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Very easy, I was comfortable with the manager right away, I filled paperwork and they hired me on the spot. I was put on the schedule right away and was pleased that I could work fixed days (the same days and hours every week)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2015.

Interview

Basically telling me the basics of the job and how it is done and what they do. To get emails for Michael's surverys. Four hours per shift. Asked me why I left my last job.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was at a job fair to fill multiple locations that were opening in 2008. It was a 1:1 interview process but there were 2 other store managers in the room with other candidates. They asked the same retail interview questions as everyone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome many obstacles to finish a task with a deadline   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Easy, filled out on-line application. Called in for interview. Went in meet with store manager, then started process for background check. I was hired within a week for seasonal sales associate-cashier for holiday season.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a few days later asking to set up an interview. When I got to the store I told an employee that I was here for an interview and she notified the manager. After the manager came back in the store from her break ( I had to wait 10 minutes) she admitted that she forgot my name, despite being the only interview that day. I was lead to the back room, and she looked over my application. She basically just talked about how she liked doing floral crafts and asked about my availability. The interview was interrupted by an employee calling in to cancel her shift, and then the manager trash talked the employee in front of me for calling off.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Do you craft?/ What do you like to make?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

I interviewed with an assistant manager in the old location about helping set up everything in the new location. The interview seemed to go really well and she told me based on my experience in retail that they would most likely keep me on after the move as a cashier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

Around 15 mins with a store manager and was at the store. I made out an application did this on line. I was very comfortable and was able to do it after my normal school hours so I felt that they would be very accommodating. Questions were not hard and had to do with how I liked the store and how familiar I was with the store.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work experience I had. Did I like people? What did I find interesting about retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied though Michael's website and took a personality assessment, got a call 3 days later to schedule an interview. My interviewer was very friendly and easygoing and seemed genuinely interested in the the me and what I had to say. The whole interview took about 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview for first interview. There were four of us. My second interview was one on one. Both getting interviewed by different managers. Both interviews were very easy and kick back.

Interview Questions

• Q:What makes you happy/unhappy? Q:Why you want to work here? Q:How would you ask a customer for their email? Q:Any job experience?   Answer Question