Michaels Stores

Updated Jan 19, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

I actually applied in July and got hired in September that is also including the time of the background check which I believe took 2 weeks. I had 2 interviews one with the store manager then another with the operations manager. It was simple and brief, I was basically hired on spot. I didn't come in for any formal training, my first day was on a busy Sunday and I was forced to learn quick.

Interview Questions
    • Since it was my first job I didn't have much sales skills and I was asked to sale a chair. I was confused but, the questions was not hard.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

I applied on line and was called two weeks later. The Interview was very short. I was asked what I liked to do. Why did I want to work there. I was told about the job and what I would be doing. I asked a couple of questions. That was it.

Interview Questions

I could not worked the hours they wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plover, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plover, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

The application process included a ridiculous intelligence/skills test that seems to have no relevance to the position. After the application was submitted, they called the next day to set up an interview.

There were two interviews. The first interview took place with one of the customer experience managers and was really easy. These were just the common questions like why do you want to work here etc. and experience based questions.

The second interview was with the store manager a week or so later. These were more experience based questions and questions on work ethic. Again fairly easy and simple. Job was offered at the second interview towards the end.

Had to come in a third time to fill out paperwork and do a short safety training session.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I did an online assessment that had a lot of personality questions and received a call within a few days to talk to the hiring manager. The interview was scheduled for the next week. I thought the experience was pretty pleasant overall. The woman doing the interview was polite, but because I didn't have too much experience I could not negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really get asked that many questions, which I found to be a little strange   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

It was a very easy and friendly interview, it contained average questions why do you want the job, what days are you available, are you ok with working early mornings.

None

Support Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

I applied online on a Thursday and received a call the following Monday to set up an interview. The interview was scheduled for Wednesday and I was told I would basically have the job and they would call me back after the background check. Received the call Friday and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • They literally did not ask me any interview questions, other than, "I assume you're a self-starter, right?" Otherwise the assistant manager just talked to me about her personal life.   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate a pay and wish I had. I did not realize how many tasks the job entailed until I actually started, and quickly realized that I should have been getting paid much more.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

no testes prior to interview. A phone interview with basic questions about my previous job experience and technical exposure. and finally they told they are planning to higher a .net developer itself instead of a Technical BA with .Net skills. The interview process was quick and good.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult or very technical during phone interview   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2014.

I applied online, got a call about a week later to set up an interview the next day. I came in and met with the manager in the Michael's classroom expecting to answer basic interview questions, but instead I just got asked about my availability. She then mentioned the job description and said the job was mine. (I had to tell her I needed time to think about accepting it.) I was the one that had to strike up questions about hours, holiday scheduling, training, etc. I got their 15 min early for the interview and left about 15-20 min. later. Not a difficult interview at all. If you want it, you can get it. It's just a matter of liking how their hours available and scheduling is like.

Interview Questions

I actually haven't accepted or declined yet, still thinking it over. Reason being is that they offer $7.50/hr (non-negotiable). I wanted something with a little bit higher pay, but I do like the flexible hours and laid-back atmosphere...

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

I applied online and went into an hour-long group interview. I was only there with two other interviewees and a manager and supervisor were there to interview us. They asked us if we had already filled out the application (which we all had) and then they had us write down our names and the position we were interested in. The two ladies who were interviewing us were super nice and funny and laidback, which was good. They basically just explained each job description and talking a little about the different classes that they offered for different positions. We then played two truths and a lie, which I really wasn't expecting. And then after that, they just explained some stuff more and asked if we had any questions, which they were good about answering.

Interview Questions
    • We weren't really asked any questions. It was mostly them talking and us asking some clarifying questions about different positions and hours.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. That part was also pretty straightforward and quick. They called a few days after the group interview and asked if I wanted the job. I said yes, and I went in the following Friday to get set up.

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

The interview process consist of two interviews. One with the assistant manager and then the store manager. They ask behavior questions. They also explain to you what your role would be at the store.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. They were behavioral, you just need to prepare for them.   Answer Question