Michaels Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2014.

Interview Details – They sat me down and it felt more like I was chatting with a friend, and asked me why I felt I was prepared to work here. There were times when I felt that this interview was more of a getting to know you experience. I was extremely overqualified for the position but had recently been let go by my previous employer.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you have had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sale Associate/Cashier Interview

Sale Associate/Cashier
Staten Island, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – call for an interview within a day or 2 from filling out the application on line. 5 minute interview with some really simple questions. Was offered a job right on the spot

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details – Frist there is a math/comprehension test online that is more complicated than necessary. Two interviews for a position that I didn't apply for. A phone call to determine time then a basic interview with non personal questions.

Interview Question – Can you come into work at 3am and unload trucks for $8 an hour   View Answer

Reason for Declining – 3am and not the position applied for

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2011.

Interview Details – You have to turn in a letter of interest along with a resume. Then you are at some point given an interview time. I was at work when I was told that my interview would be the next morning. When I gave my letter of interest I was told nothing. About a week before the interview even though I did not know the exact date the manager handed me some papers and said to read them. That was it. I did ask another manager what I should know because there was nothing in the papers I was given to let me know how to prepare for the interview. The papers only showed what modules you would be learning when hired.

Interview Question – The first question was "If you are not hired for this position will you quit?"   View Answers (2)

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details – I first applied online and waited a week. The hiring manager gave me an interview as soon as I called. About 2 weeks in, I finished my interview and the hiring manager recommended me to the store manager. She showed me the Assistant store manager and said that the store manager would either 1. Call me to get a background check or 2. Call me to go for a second round of interviews. I waited 2 weeks after the interview and finally called back the store. The hiring manager said that the store manager was putting in background tests and would receive the results soon. (Manager never contacted me after interview) I actually got a call/job offer the following day about an hour after.

Interview Question – Questions are very standard.
They will ask you to tell you about yourself so prepare!
I'm currently in high school so I had to relate all of the answers back to my clubs and such.
Some questions include
1. Tell me about a time when a manager wanted you to do something a different way, but you knew it was inefficient.
2. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond in "something"
3. Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Annapolis, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to set up an interview. Got interviewed the next day. I got there early and was taken straight into an office. The guy was super cool. I practiced answering a bunch of questions for no reason lol He only asked me about my previous job and then told me everything about the job (how much i will get paid, uniforms, things i would have to do as a cashier, ect) He kept saying i would most likely get the job. We then started talking about my college (me and his son go to the same college) and asked if i played any sports. The interview was only about 10-15 min. He basically told me i got the job and that he will call me next week to tell me when orientation will be! Easiest interview ever!

Negotiation Details – I liked the wage he gave me

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – this was a quick interview. they asked about my availability. They explained all available positions and the schedule times.They also explained the employees benefits and discount available. The woman was very open and knowledgeable about the company . She also explained the possibility of growing with the company.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Replenishment Associate Interview

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and about 2 days later I went in with my resume and handed it to the manager. Got a call about a week later to come in for the interview. He explained the position and didn't really ask me any questions at all. Just asked if I'd be able to move/lift heavy boxes and if I'm ok with getting sweaty.

Interview Question – Are you ok with coming in at 5AM?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Customer Experience Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited for my position by a store manager, who approached me at my then current job. I called her to set up and interview and quickly met with her and discussed what I wanted in a job and what she could offer. She then suggested as a candidate to another store manager and I had a second interview with another store manager, which went well. A couple weeks later I got a third interview with yet a third and then finally with the District Manager. On my fifth interview, I was offered a job, finally! Geeesh! Phew!

Interview Question – Do you enjoy keeping busy?   View Answer

Interviewed at Michaels Stores

Interview Details – I received a call to set up an interview. The day of the Interview was great I asked for management they were there to start and it started smoothly. Talked about what I had written on my application, previous jobs, experiences with arts and crafts. I then got the call to see when I could start.

Interview Question – If I am comfortable working with children?   Answer Question

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!