Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2015.

Interview

It was basic for the most part. Anyone can get a job there. The people are really kindhearted and there's a feel-good vibe. I definitely recommend working there. It's fun and a relaxed place where you can clear your head.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process is very easy. They ask you a little about yourself, ask if you like crafts and if so what kind. Want to know your availability. Might ask you about situations and how you would react but most interviews are around 5-10 minutes and very easy and basic questions.

Certified Custom Framer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

A couple weeks after I applied they contacted me for an interview. I came in a few minutes early and waited another 25. The interview lasted less than five minutes and neither of the two interviewers asked me another question beyond "so tell us a little bit about yourself".

Apparently the fact that I came in on time and seemed willing and responsible was enough for them, they didn't really need to hear much more. It seemed that they really just want someone who shows up, everything else can be taught.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, was called in about a week or so to come in. The usual questions: Why do you want to work here? What does customer service mean to you? and of course, What crafting do you do?

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I actually applied in July and got hired in September that is also including the time of the background check which I believe took 2 weeks. I had 2 interviews one with the store manager then another with the operations manager. It was simple and brief, I was basically hired on spot. I didn't come in for any formal training, my first day was on a busy Sunday and I was forced to learn quick.

Interview Questions

• Since it was my first job I didn't have much sales skills and I was asked to sale a chair. I was confused but, the questions was not hard.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fleming Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Fleming Island, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Always be sure to dress appropriately. You do not have to dress up like you are going to a wedding, but do not wear jeans and a t-shirt to any interview. I walked in with a friendly smile and a polite hello, then sat calmly and answered all questions asked of me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Michaels?   1 Answer

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Union City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied though Michael's website and took a personality assessment. Got a call about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. Did the interview and came back a week later with my identification papers and was ready to start working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiation unless you've had experience in retail before. Minimum wage is where they start you off.

Certified Custom Framer and Sales Assoctiate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I was called to set up an interview a few days later and started in less then a week.
    The interview was pretty casual and only lasted about ten minutes. I had brought in a very small and simple portfolio of various examples of the different types of art mediums I have had experience with. This extra effort paid off immensely. The manager questions asked of me were a mixture of customer service questions and scenarios to basic retail questions. I was hired on the spot. It wasn't until my first day that I was told that I would also be in framing.

Interview Questions

• What was the best expirence you have ever had at any retail store   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I applied on line and was called two weeks later. The Interview was very short. I was asked what I liked to do. Why did I want to work there. I was told about the job and what I would be doing. I asked a couple of questions. That was it.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about yourself?   1 Answer

I could not worked the hours they wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plover, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Plover, WI).

Interview

The application process included a ridiculous intelligence/skills test that seems to have no relevance to the position. After the application was submitted, they called the next day to set up an interview.

There were two interviews. The first interview took place with one of the customer experience managers and was really easy. These were just the common questions like why do you want to work here etc. and experience based questions.

The second interview was with the store manager a week or so later. These were more experience based questions and questions on work ethic. Again fairly easy and simple. Job was offered at the second interview towards the end.

Had to come in a third time to fill out paperwork and do a short safety training session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.