Michaels Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

1.7

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview at Michael's was 10 minutes long . It was an simple, easy, laid back interview and the manager was really nice. I got to my interview early and look around the store.the manager ask about my availability and if I can so next week. I got the job on the spot and I start on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Very easy, I was comfortable with the manager right away, I filled paperwork and they hired me on the spot. I was put on the schedule right away and was pleased that I could work fixed days (the same days and hours every week)

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2015.

Interview

Basically telling me the basics of the job and how it is done and what they do. To get emails for Michael's surverys. Four hours per shift. Asked me why I left my last job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Easy, filled out on-line application. Called in for interview. Went in meet with store manager, then started process for background check. I was hired within a week for seasonal sales associate-cashier for holiday season.

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

I interviewed with an assistant manager in the old location about helping set up everything in the new location. The interview seemed to go really well and she told me based on my experience in retail that they would most likely keep me on after the move as a cashier.

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

Around 15 mins with a store manager and was at the store. I made out an application did this on line. I was very comfortable and was able to do it after my normal school hours so I felt that they would be very accommodating. Questions were not hard and had to do with how I liked the store and how familiar I was with the store.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work experience I had. Did I like people? What did I find interesting about retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied though Michael's website and took a personality assessment, got a call 3 days later to schedule an interview. My interviewer was very friendly and easygoing and seemed genuinely interested in the the me and what I had to say. The whole interview took about 10 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview for first interview. There were four of us. My second interview was one on one. Both getting interviewed by different managers. Both interviews were very easy and kick back.

Interview Questions

• Q:What makes you happy/unhappy? Q:Why you want to work here? Q:How would you ask a customer for their email? Q:Any job experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. I came in a week after applying online, introduced myself and made sure I displayed a positive demeanor throughout the interview. For the majority of the interview, which took about 15 minutes, the interviewer kept going on about how they really push their employees to collect emails from their customers and if they did not collect a certain amount of emails, they would fire the employees. The interviewer overall was not very friendly with me and I had to call back after three to four business days since she did not contact me back within the given time frame, whether it was positive or negative feedback. When I called back, I received much less kindness than I did in the interview. The interviewer told me that I did not seem like a happy person, which was ironic considering that the interviewer was not friendly from the start and when I came into the interview that day, most of the employees did not display the friendliness or positiveness she claimed to be pushed upon the employees. The interviewer offered a 30 day trial, but I declined that offer since these reasons made it very clear to me that I did not want to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

Got a call asking me to come in for an interview after applying online a week before. When i got there I talked to the assistant manager who asked me basic questions like "Tell me about yourself" and then we discussed my availability and starting wage. I was offered the job after like 15 minutes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None