Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Did two online assessments after the application. One was timed, the other was not. The timed assessment has math and English multiple choice questions, and the other one just has a personality test (Strongly Agree, Slightly Agree, Neutral, etc.) Still waiting for them to review my application.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment was timed (10 minutes) and has a lot of math and English questions. Be prepared for some word problems too.   Answer Question

CEM Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

During the time of my interview I was interviewed with about 11 other people for a temporary position to set up and help open a new store. So the interview process was making sure that we filled out all the paper work and that you showed up every day on time.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview process went very well.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Applied online. Went in to store to talk directly with manager. She said she would contact me in a week. She contacted me, gave me an interview a few days later. The interview asked questions that asked you to reflect on a time when you had to deal with "a customer/incident where this/that occured, and how you handled it". About 10 or 15 questions were like this. They briefly go over your job duties, so I suggest bringing a notepad to take notes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to manage a project or people involved in a group task?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

very easy interview process. typical questions about customer service. asked if passionate about michael's.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the most notable think about the Michael's brand?"   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

My interview went well, and I'd have taken the job if I thought I could have done it justice. But it was clear that the home office is too corporate and rigid to accept the kind of change that's needed to make the e-commerce side of the business take off.

Interview Questions
    • How would I choose to use Michael's crafting supplies to "personalize" my cubicle for (some kind of contest/event they had each year)?   View Answer

Crafts Instructor Interview

Apply online, answer all questions online, then wait to get phone call from store based on need; interview consists of looking at your portfolio, and then discussing your availability - must be available for at least 3 classes each week - just schedule the classes 3 days a week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions asked. In fact, not an interview like any other standard interview; it's just a matter of seeing if you have talent and skill to teach the craft - and that you have personality and drive because you initiate your own classes and registration.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murphy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murphy, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2012.

I saw they were hiring because of a huge sign they had in front of the store and the interview process was unexpected. It was a group interview with five pother people at the Michaels store a town over. The leading manager did it this way because she was about 9 months pregnant and was tired of interviewing. She did it kinda lazily, but it is expected since she had to interview over 100 applicants because it was a brand new store that hadn't opened yet. It was short and to the point. She asked us all questions and we took turns answering.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic, nothing out of the ordinary and nothing difficult, most of the difficult or weird questions were on the online application.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

This was for a holiday position: Received a phone call from the manager requesting an interview. I went the following day, after the interview I was offered the job and started working within a week.

Cashier Interview

I received a call to set up an interview. The day of the Interview was great I asked for management they were there to start and it started smoothly. Talked about what I had written on my application, previous jobs, experiences with arts and crafts. I then got the call to see when I could start.

Interview Questions

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!