Michaels Stores

Average Difficulty
263 candidate interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – Interview process went very well.

CEM Interview

CEM

I applied online and interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – During the time of my interview I was interviewed with about 11 other people for a temporary position to set up and help open a new store. So the interview process was making sure that we filled out all the paper work and that you showed up every day on time.

San Clemente, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2009.

Interview Details – I only had to go through one interview to get the seasonal job I was applying for. It was fairly easy with the basic interview questions being asked. It was a one on one interview with the assistant manager of the store. I got a call a couple days after from her letting me know I got the job and started the following Monday for training.

Interview Question – What do you want to get out of working here?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Michaels Stores

Interview Details – This was for a holiday position: Received a phone call from the manager requesting an interview. I went the following day, after the interview I was offered the job and started working within a week.

Interview Question – What would you say is your biggest flaw?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – Applied online. Went in to store to talk directly with manager. She said she would contact me in a week. She contacted me, gave me an interview a few days later. The interview asked questions that asked you to reflect on a time when you had to deal with "a customer/incident where this/that occured, and how you handled it". About 10 or 15 questions were like this. They briefly go over your job duties, so I suggest bringing a notepad to take notes.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to manage a project or people involved in a group task?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Michaels Stores

Interview Details – I received a call to set up an interview. The day of the Interview was great I asked for management they were there to start and it started smoothly. Talked about what I had written on my application, previous jobs, experiences with arts and crafts. I then got the call to see when I could start.

Interview Question – If I am comfortable working with children?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – Very Fast and was very down to earth

Interview Question – None regular questions   Answer Question

Floral Designer Interview

Floral Designer

I applied in-person - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2010.

Interview Details – they will ask for experience and how quickly you can produce pieces

Interview Question – would you turn in an associate if you knew they were doing something wrong   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Michaels Stores

Interview Details – Be prepared to wait and wait. I had 6 interviews for a mid level position. The process took over 3 months. A lot of waiting for decisions to be made.

Interview Question – There were no hard questions, very predictable.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

Interviewed at Michaels Stores

Interview Details – My interview went well, and I'd have taken the job if I thought I could have done it justice. But it was clear that the home office is too corporate and rigid to accept the kind of change that's needed to make the e-commerce side of the business take off.

Interview Question – How would I choose to use Michael's crafting supplies to "personalize" my cubicle for (some kind of contest/event they had each year)?   View Answer

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!