Michaels Stores

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

1.9

Department Manager Interview

My interview went well, and I'd have taken the job if I thought I could have done it justice. But it was clear that the home office is too corporate and rigid to accept the kind of change that's needed to make the e-commerce side of the business take off.

Interview Questions
    • How would I choose to use Michael's crafting supplies to "personalize" my cubicle for (some kind of contest/event they had each year)?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Clemente, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Clemente, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2009.

I only had to go through one interview to get the seasonal job I was applying for. It was fairly easy with the basic interview questions being asked. It was a one on one interview with the assistant manager of the store. I got a call a couple days after from her letting me know I got the job and started the following Monday for training.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Applied online. Went in to store to talk directly with manager. She said she would contact me in a week. She contacted me, gave me an interview a few days later. The interview asked questions that asked you to reflect on a time when you had to deal with "a customer/incident where this/that occured, and how you handled it". About 10 or 15 questions were like this. They briefly go over your job duties, so I suggest bringing a notepad to take notes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to manage a project or people involved in a group task?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

very easy interview process. typical questions about customer service. asked if passionate about michael's.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the most notable think about the Michael's brand?"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Very Fast and was very down to earth

Floral Designer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2010.

they will ask for experience and how quickly you can produce pieces

Interview Questions
    • would you turn in an associate if you knew they were doing something wrong   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Be prepared to wait and wait. I had 6 interviews for a mid level position. The process took over 3 months. A lot of waiting for decisions to be made.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

The hiring process started online. I filled out an application on their website and was called in for an interview within the next week or so. I was then asked a few questions and told about the uniform expectations. I was then offered a job and told when to come in. It was a simple process.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question was what to do if you're uncomfortable with a manager as it was a manager asking the question.   Answer Question

CEM Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

During the time of my interview I was interviewed with about 11 other people for a temporary position to set up and help open a new store. So the interview process was making sure that we filled out all the paper work and that you showed up every day on time.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview process went very well.