Michaels Stores Interview Questions

1.9

Certified Custom Framer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2015.

A couple weeks after I applied they contacted me for an interview. I came in a few minutes early and waited another 25. The interview lasted less than five minutes and neither of the two interviewers asked me another question beyond "so tell us a little bit about yourself".

Apparently the fact that I came in on time and seemed willing and responsible was enough for them, they didn't really need to hear much more. It seemed that they really just want someone who shows up, everything else can be taught.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

Applied in person, was called for an interview. Met w/ store manager ~ he reviewed application & my resume. Asked basic questions in regards to past cashier, sales & stocking experience. I was informed it was a part time job & may be seasonal. I accepted his offer to join the team.

Senior CUSTOM FRAMER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2011.

They asked my experiences and abilities ,I was asked if I would be willing to work overtime and do other duties as part of a team member .I then was informed of what was expected of me.I was told what was required for each duty and would have the freedom to improve each duty with company approval !

Interview Questions
    • What would I bring to my duties to improve quality of service and production   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fleming Island, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fleming Island, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in January 2015.

Always be sure to dress appropriately. You do not have to dress up like you are going to a wedding, but do not wear jeans and a t-shirt to any interview. I walked in with a friendly smile and a polite hello, then sat calmly and answered all questions asked of me.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2014.

At the time I knew someone working at Michaels. She said start with the online application process first. Once I completed the online application. I received an email with date, time, person and phone number to report at interview. Maybe the phone call was considered an interview. Human resource contact by phone. The interview was conducted at the Michaels near Lindburgh train station here in Atlanta Ga. I don't remember the actually address to Michaels at this moment. When I arrived 15 minutes early. Their were others waiting to be interviewed besides myself. Then the associate person said Ms Pate right this way. The interview was brief and to the point. Then on to the next person. It was I felt a good interview over all. I communicated my experiences, I liked her personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

The interview process is very easy. They ask you a little about yourself, ask if you like crafts and if so what kind. Want to know your availability. Might ask you about situations and how you would react but most interviews are around 5-10 minutes and very easy and basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2014.

The interview process was very short and concise. When I went in for my interview It was basically just the interviewer telling me the job description, what my job would entail, and what kind of personality that would compliment the job (So don't worry about getting grilled or anything). It lasted about 15 to 20 minutes at the most, and was not at all stressful or intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2013.

Basic questions, no test or anything. I was interviewed by one woman and told i was hired during the interview. I came back 3 days later for my orientation and did some short online training. (less than 15 min) Started 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • How many times is it acceptable to be late to work before you should be punished/written up?   View Answer

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2013.

Applied online. Got a call about a week later. Had an interview set up. Very simple interview. Basic questions about any experience. Mostly explained the hours of the job and if I was willing to work at those times. Got a call after the background check went through and was offered the job.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in January 2015.

Applied though Michael's website and took a personality assessment. Got a call about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. Did the interview and came back a week later with my identification papers and was ready to start working.

Interview Questions
    There's no negotiation unless you've had experience in retail before. Minimum wage is where they start you off.