Michaels Stores Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Estero, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estero, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2013.

It was a very basic cookie cutter interview- Why do you want to work here? What can you bring to the team? What do you do in your spare time? How do you handle confrontation in the work place? Tell us about a time when you really shined at your previous job. Stuff like that, no curveballs.

Interview Questions
    • There were literally no difficult questions. It was like they printed average interview questions from the internet.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They were very blunt about their low pay and I needed work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2013.

Friendly interview, felt casual and they showed interest in my own interests and skills. They showed appreciation for the skills I had an offered that they wanted me to be working in framing.

Interview Questions
    • They were all the usual questions, nothing too difficult   Answer Question
    They gave me a higher pay because of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2014.

They sat me down and it felt more like I was chatting with a friend, and asked me why I felt I was prepared to work here. There were times when I felt that this interview was more of a getting to know you experience. I was extremely overqualified for the position but had recently been let go by my previous employer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you have had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sale Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

call for an interview within a day or 2 from filling out the application on line. 5 minute interview with some really simple questions. Was offered a job right on the spot

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Frist there is a math/comprehension test online that is more complicated than necessary. Two interviews for a position that I didn't apply for. A phone call to determine time then a basic interview with non personal questions.

3am and not the position applied for

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2011.

You have to turn in a letter of interest along with a resume. Then you are at some point given an interview time. I was at work when I was told that my interview would be the next morning. When I gave my letter of interest I was told nothing. About a week before the interview even though I did not know the exact date the manager handed me some papers and said to read them. That was it. I did ask another manager what I should know because there was nothing in the papers I was given to let me know how to prepare for the interview. The papers only showed what modules you would be learning when hired.

Interview Questions
    • The first question was "If you are not hired for this position will you quit?"   View Answers (2)

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

I first applied online and waited a week. The hiring manager gave me an interview as soon as I called. About 2 weeks in, I finished my interview and the hiring manager recommended me to the store manager. She showed me the Assistant store manager and said that the store manager would either 1. Call me to get a background check or 2. Call me to go for a second round of interviews. I waited 2 weeks after the interview and finally called back the store. The hiring manager said that the store manager was putting in background tests and would receive the results soon. (Manager never contacted me after interview) I actually got a call/job offer the following day about an hour after.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are very standard.
      They will ask you to tell you about yourself so prepare!
      I'm currently in high school so I had to relate all of the answers back to my clubs and such.
      Some questions include
      1. Tell me about a time when a manager wanted you to do something a different way, but you knew it was inefficient.
      2. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond in "something"
      3. Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer.
        Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to set up an interview. Got interviewed the next day. I got there early and was taken straight into an office. The guy was super cool. I practiced answering a bunch of questions for no reason lol He only asked me about my previous job and then told me everything about the job (how much i will get paid, uniforms, things i would have to do as a cashier, ect) He kept saying i would most likely get the job. We then started talking about my college (me and his son go to the same college) and asked if i played any sports. The interview was only about 10-15 min. He basically told me i got the job and that he will call me next week to tell me when orientation will be! Easiest interview ever!

I liked the wage he gave me

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

this was a quick interview. they asked about my availability. They explained all available positions and the schedule times.They also explained the employees benefits and discount available. The woman was very open and knowledgeable about the company . She also explained the possibility of growing with the company.

Replenishment Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

I applied online and about 2 days later I went in with my resume and handed it to the manager. Got a call about a week later to come in for the interview. He explained the position and didn't really ask me any questions at all. Just asked if I'd be able to move/lift heavy boxes and if I'm ok with getting sweaty.