Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.9

Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

We were sent to the classroom in the store, where we waited for a manager to do the interview. The majority of the time was asking broad questions followed by filling out paperwork. The positions that were being filled from this group were mixed cashiers and replenishment, asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2015.

Interview

The managers were both very relaxed people. They asked me typical questions such as my experience in art, previous work, my plans for the future, if I was a student, and why I felt I belonged there. They were very kind and made sure I felt comfortable the entire time, and seemed very happy to have my interest.

Interview Questions

There was a mistake and my application was sent to the wrong store location which was too far away for me to make the commute most days, between school and such. I declined only for personal reasons, otherwise I would have gladly accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Dulles, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later from the manager. I came in for an interview the next week and it took about 15 minutes. He asked basic questions but since it was my first job interview, I was very vague about my answers. He was a really chill manager and explained how he liked to manage his employees. He was a huge advocate for the little family he had put together in the store.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions like "tell me about yourself", "if a customer thought you were being bothersome, what would you do?", and "tell me about a time you received bad customer service". The last question he asked me was "What's the number one reason I should hire you today?"   1 Answer

Replenishment Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Bloomington, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was short (less than 10 minutes) and they asked general questions. They told me about the position and if I would be okay with very early morning shifts. The manager was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How would you deal with a difficult customer? What is your availability? Where would you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Greenwood, MS) in July 2015.

Interview

Process was easy. Applied online and about a week later got a call to come in for an interview on Tuesday. Was told I would get a call on that following Friday. But I called them instead. Was told he would call me back due to still interviewing people. Received a call 3 days later with job offer. Went that Friday and signed papers. But due computer problems couldn't find out what my salary would be. But I start Monday. So excited.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for michaels?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was approached by the company recruiter. Interviewed with that person for a week on and off. Interviewed with District Manager, then one of the acting Store Manager. Also interviewed with Regional HR boss along with the RVP before getting hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, Told them what i wanted for salary and they agreed.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (York, PA).

Interview

I only had one, 15 minute interview before I was hired. The hiring manager/store manager was absolutely fantastic, and felt like she was actually listening to you, not just hurrying off to do something else.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Michaels?   Answer Question
    • If you had a customer come to you, and they're negative, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. I came in a week after applying online, introduced myself and made sure I displayed a positive demeanor throughout the interview. For the majority of the interview, which took about 15 minutes, the interviewer kept going on about how they really push their employees to collect emails from their customers and if they did not collect a certain amount of emails, they would fire the employees. The interviewer overall was not very friendly with me and I had to call back after three to four business days since she did not contact me back within the given time frame, whether it was positive or negative feedback. When I called back, I received much less kindness than I did in the interview. The interviewer told me that I did not seem like a happy person, which was ironic considering that the interviewer was not friendly from the start and when I came into the interview that day, most of the employees did not display the friendliness or positiveness she claimed to be pushed upon the employees. The interviewer offered a 30 day trial, but I declined that offer since these reasons made it very clear to me that I did not want to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

The interview was very easy, with minimal questions that where general. It was one on one with the store manager who basically explained what the job tasks involved. The whole interview itself lasted about thirty minutes of the manager talking about the job and her pet peeves. The job was offered at the end of the interview and asked when I could come back in to fill out paperwork and go through training.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interviewing process was very easy. The store I applied at was hiring at the time so my friend, who was already working there, referred me. Because I had no previous work experience, they asked me about my education and other questions about my personality. I was offered the job on the spot.