Michaels Stores

257 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – Interview process went very well.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Brandon, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by phone to schedule a face to face interview. Met in the classroom with the manager and had a very laid back interview during which I was very comfortable speaking about both my job experiences and my artistic experiences. Management looks for reasonably confident individuals. Be thorough about your past experiences, especially details of leadership positions and dealing with difficult customers. Exceptional communication skills and previous experience with successfully collecting emails is a huge plus.

Interview Question – Give an example from your previous work experience in which you dealt with a difficult customer and was unsuccessful. How did you deal with it? Give an example of a difficult situation with a customer in which you were successful.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact made by human resource department for phone interview. Had 1 interview with the district manager. Process took about two weeks. Met at a store and had general conversation for about 45 min. Standard process

Interview Question – Normal questions on leadership   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got what I asked fo

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Carson City, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in January 2014.

Interview Details – They had two people there in the interview to talk with me. They were very thorough and nice. They answered all of my questions in detail.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   View Answer

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Customer Experience Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – If your positive and available....you pretty much have the job. Keep a good outlook and your foots in the front door!

Interview Question – Do you sell furniture? REALLY?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and understanding

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was quick they apparently mass hire for the holiday season. I filled out the application then I got a call about a week later for an interview which I set for the next day and started working the next Monday.

Interview Question – None really it was pretty basic   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview just a day after I submitted my application. I was interviewed by the store manager at the time. Upon my arrival at the store for my interview, I had to ask an associate where to go. They were very pleasant and helped me right away. They led me to the office, where the store manager was waiting for me. I immediately liked him because he was very laid back. He asked a couple of questions and then hired me on the spot. Unfortunately, it was two weeks before I actually started working.

Interview Question – I'm going to need you to smile a lot. Think you can do that?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Brewster, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – First I had to wait around for the interviewer for quite some time after the scheduled appointment. Then the interview was a whole boatload of questions nearly identical to the ones in the online app. Took about an hour. Halfway through the interview I started getting the feeling that this wasn't the place for me - based on the people working and the overall atmosphere of the store.

Interview Question – As I said, they were all pretty much the same questions as on the application. The interview seemed like a total waste of time.   Answer Question

Part Time Replenishment Associate Interview

Part Time Replenishment Associate
Rome, GA

Interview Details – Applied online. I got a call to come in for an interview a 2 days later. I was interviewed by the store manager with the operations manager there too. The store manager just read most of her questions off of a script so they didn't really learn too much about me.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain a time where I had to bend the rules. I wasn't sure if it was more of a trick questions since these corporate stores usually want you to follow the rules to the letter. I sort of made up an answer that sounded believable but wouldn't cast me in a negative light.   Answer Question

Senior Framer Interview

Senior Framer

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – Interviews with this company are a breeze. It's usually very casual, and as long as you present yourself well and have a clean work history, you're probably going to have a good shot at getting a job. It's good to have an interest in crafts/crafting, and if you're applying for a framing job, you should know a bit about color theory, and have some technical aptitude. An art degree (or working towards one) will be very beneficial, especially if going for a framing position.

Interview Question – What was most unexpected (in my interview, at least,) was that there were not the typical high-pressure questions you might normally expect in an interview. I did get the "where do you see yourself in five years" question, so if you're applying for a full time job, expect to get that one.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is practically no room for negotiation. I was actually so taken back by how low my offer was, that I was speechless! I called the manager back later with a question about workplace attire, and also asked again if there was any room for negotiation with the offer he had made me, and he said no. Turns out my abysmal offer was actually in the upper 75% of what they can hire at (which was still just 40% of what my hourly rate was at my previous job!) Don't plan on making money with this company, unless you can manage to work your way up the ladder (and have a manger that allows that to happen.) Once you're a manager or assistant manager (the only ones that make any money,) expect to work at least 60 hours a week-and usually more.