Michaels Stores Interview Questions in Jacksonville, FL

Updated Jul 25, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fleming Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Fleming Island, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Always be sure to dress appropriately. You do not have to dress up like you are going to a wedding, but do not wear jeans and a t-shirt to any interview. I walked in with a friendly smile and a polite hello, then sat calmly and answered all questions asked of me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Michaels?   3 Answers

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call back did a phone interview which was pretty long and drawn out and you are asked to come in and talk with a hiring manager and they walk you around the warehouse but definitely only shows you the easy positions. Asks basic interview questions then wait a few days for your background check and then once it comes back they call you for your orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Do you have experience with doing that type of work etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Coach/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

first one was phone interview with HR member, second was in a room full of senior management going through the star method. Third one is with the VP of supply chain.

Custom Framer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

I initially applied for a custom framer position, but I listed knitting and crochet as my hobbies. The store manager called and I had a one-on-one interview. A few days later I was contacted and told a current employee got the position, but would I be interested in being a class instructor? I had to apply and be certified as an instructor with another company (you are a Michaels employee but you work for this other company- kind of weird). The local store manager was/is extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? What do you do for fun?   1 Answer
    • Do you like to help people when they have questions about their projects? Do you like explaining how to use the products we sell?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Everything is set.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online as I was moving to the area. I was called back within a few days by the store manager, and we had a quick phone interview going over the positions that were available, location, and my experience. During that call we scheduled a face to face interview for the following week. Was met promptly on time for the face to face. Manager was extremely pleasant - did not ask a lot of questions, was mostly just discussion about what the position required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for $2 more per hour than I was offered based on my current pay rate from the company I was working for at the time, and based on my experience - I already had 10 years of management experience coming into the position.