Michaels Stores

1.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2014.

Applied online. Got a call back did a phone interview which was pretty long and drawn out and you are asked to come in and talk with a hiring manager and they walk you around the warehouse but definitely only shows you the easy positions. Asks basic interview questions then wait a few days for your background check and then once it comes back they call you for your orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Do you have experience with doing that type of work etc.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Custom Framer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2011.

I initially applied for a custom framer position, but I listed knitting and crochet as my hobbies. The store manager called and I had a one-on-one interview. A few days later I was contacted and told a current employee got the position, but would I be interested in being a class instructor? I had to apply and be certified as an instructor with another company (you are a Michaels employee but you work for this other company- kind of weird). The local store manager was/is extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What are your hobbies? What do you do for fun?   View Answer
    • Do you like to help people when they have questions about their projects? Do you like explaining how to use the products we sell?   View Answer
    No negotiations. Everything is set.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2010.

I applied online as I was moving to the area. I was called back within a few days by the store manager, and we had a quick phone interview going over the positions that were available, location, and my experience. During that call we scheduled a face to face interview for the following week. Was met promptly on time for the face to face. Manager was extremely pleasant - did not ask a lot of questions, was mostly just discussion about what the position required.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate for $2 more per hour than I was offered based on my current pay rate from the company I was working for at the time, and based on my experience - I already had 10 years of management experience coming into the position.