Michaels Stores

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Very casual. Was told I was going to start at minimum wage. I was interviewed over 12 years ago and I don't really remember many of the details.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in January 2010.

Michaels does not hire many full-time employees so they can afford to spend more time getting to know you and your career goals. I was honest that I wanted to move up and they were receptive to that. They were interested to know what sort of crafts I did, what I could bring to my local Michael's and the company, and what might make me a good fit for the corporate culture. You must be VERY hands on for this or ANY Michael's job, and also extremely organized and very good with time management.

Interview Questions
    • If I were promoted over my coworkers, how would I deal with potential attitude conflicts (etc)?   View Answer
    I chose not to negotiate, as I went in with an idea in my head of what was a fair wage, and was offered slightly above that and was satisfied.