Michaels Stores

Very Easy Interview

Jewelry & Painting Teacher Interview

Jewelry & Painting Teacher
Palmdale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – The interview was very easy, and they expect to see some pieces you've made. I got the job easily, but realized there was a catch.

In order to obtain students you must DO YOUR OWN ADVERTISING. This means making posters and hanging them around the store. One girl was very good at it. She had crocheted samples on her posters. This would be ok with me except jewelry crafting is expensive. It was a lot of work to me.

As for training, it is online and takes a little while. Be prepared to print A LOT. But overall fairly easy.

Interview Question – N/A. I got the feeling they were desperate for a teacher.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to advertise myself.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was called a few days later to schedule an interview with the store manager. Interview process was quick and easy. Hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Why Michaels   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Very Easy Interview

Hawthorne, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details – Easy. One on one interview. Basic personality and common sense questions (i.e. how would you handle an angry customer?).

Cashier Interview

Cashier
San Clemente, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2009.

Interview Details – I only had to go through one interview to get the seasonal job I was applying for. It was fairly easy with the basic interview questions being asked. It was a one on one interview with the assistant manager of the store. I got a call a couple days after from her letting me know I got the job and started the following Monday for training.

Interview Question – What do you want to get out of working here?   Answer Question

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a couple of days they called and scheduled an interview. I was interviewed in a different location than the store I applied to. The interview lasted no more than 10 minutes. It was the standard questions - why do you want to work here, what are your past experiences, etc. It was pretty simple.

Interview Question – What kind of crafts do you do or are interested in?   Answer Question

Hawthorne, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for Replinishment Associate, but ended up getting hired for Sales/Cashier. I got a call from them a week after I applied and was asked a couple of questions over the phone and then told to come in for an interview a couple days later. It was a group interview with about 10 other people and we were interviewed by the manager and assistant manager. The interview took an hour and then I was told right after the interview that I was hired and was told what I'd be making. The orientation was a week later and that took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees and interview candidates.