Michaels Stores Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier/Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2014.

I was surprised by a group interview, the last time I went (2-4 years ago) they only used to do one on one interviews. So be prepared for that. Also, they will ask everyone different questions, try to stay calm and try to think of multiple ways of answering. Make yourself sound resourceful, I made the mistake of answering too quickly because I was a little nervous. The interviewers try to be friendly and remind you to smile the entire time. Try to avoid saying "Um" "Like" a lot. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • If you're not keeping up, what do you do?   View Answer

Jewelry & Painting Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

The interview was very easy, and they expect to see some pieces you've made. I got the job easily, but realized there was a catch.

In order to obtain students you must DO YOUR OWN ADVERTISING. This means making posters and hanging them around the store. One girl was very good at it. She had crocheted samples on her posters. This would be ok with me except jewelry crafting is expensive. It was a lot of work to me.

As for training, it is online and takes a little while. Be prepared to print A LOT. But overall fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • N/A. I got the feeling they were desperate for a teacher.   Answer Question

I did not want to advertise myself.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in December 2012.

Applied online. Was called a few days later to schedule an interview with the store manager. Interview process was quick and easy. Hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hawthorne, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

Easy. One on one interview. Basic personality and common sense questions (i.e. how would you handle an angry customer?).

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Clemente, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Clemente, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2009.

I only had to go through one interview to get the seasonal job I was applying for. It was fairly easy with the basic interview questions being asked. It was a one on one interview with the assistant manager of the store. I got a call a couple days after from her letting me know I got the job and started the following Monday for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

I applied online and within a couple of days they called and scheduled an interview. I was interviewed in a different location than the store I applied to. The interview lasted no more than 10 minutes. It was the standard questions - why do you want to work here, what are your past experiences, etc. It was pretty simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hawthorne, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

I applied online for Replinishment Associate, but ended up getting hired for Sales/Cashier. I got a call from them a week after I applied and was asked a couple of questions over the phone and then told to come in for an interview a couple days later. It was a group interview with about 10 other people and we were interviewed by the manager and assistant manager. The interview took an hour and then I was told right after the interview that I was hired and was told what I'd be making. The orientation was a week later and that took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!