Michaels Stores

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

mostly situational questions. some behavioral and past employee experiences. Roughly 30 minutes. Managers have a worksheet that has all the questions to ask the employee.

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2014.

The manager did a great job telling me all the qualifications for the position and what it is going to entail. All done in a professional manner. The manager told me I would be a great fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions that I didn't have an answer for.   Answer Question
    Happy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

I was told that with the change of store structure, everyone would reapply for their jobs. Instead of moving me from one management job to the new management job, they called some one who had quit years ago and asked this person to apply. When she was hired into the position that I wanted, and I was hired for the position that she wanted, there were hurt feelings and stress for everyone.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very generic and none were difficult.   Answer Question
    Get honest about how many hours you want and need, or else, walk away.