Michaels Stores Part Time Replenishment Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Gig Harbor, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Always take in a resume even if you applied online. I didn't know until recently that the only reason I was hired was because of my hand shake. Interview was really wonderful we got along great we had lots of laughs and come to find out that that position was not available at the time but I would work into it from another position I was available for which is a part-time framing associate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Brookfield, CT).

Interview

The interview was basic. I was asked about my previous experience. Some situational questions concerning how I would handle customers and problems. There was no script or company guidelines.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at this level.

Part Time Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2014.

Interview

They called me on the phone offered me an interview went in for the interview. The interview lasted for about 15 minutes. They told me they contact me if I got the job. Two days later I got a call from the manager she said they were in my background check and get back with me. About a week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and describe how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Rome, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online. I got a call to come in for an interview a 2 days later. I was interviewed by the store manager with the operations manager there too. The store manager just read most of her questions off of a script so they didn't really learn too much about me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a time where I had to bend the rules. I wasn't sure if it was more of a trick questions since these corporate stores usually want you to follow the rules to the letter. I sort of made up an answer that sounded believable but wouldn't cast me in a negative light.   Answer Question

Part Time Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I applied online, and the next day I was called to set up an interview. The interview was the following week. The Replenishment Manager interviewed me in the classroom, asked a few questions. "Tell me about yourself" "Tell me about the time you had to deal with a difficult customer."

I got the idea that there was a high turnover rate after I asked about the size of the replenishment team (and the person who was hired with me quit after a week.) I got hired on the spot, but the hiring process was very annoying being that the store manager didn't know what they were doing. Messed my information up and took weeks for it to fix. Didn't tell me much of anything about the store, their policies, what the job really entailed, etc.. but was expected to have known all of this by my first day at work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

"Interview" was the work that would be required, hourly wage, etc, and then you're hired...the only other place that this happened was at a scetchy tele-marketing company I was with (USA Solar) that closed down, refused to pay the employees, and the owners ran. If you didn't get the hint, that's not a good comparison.

Interview Questions

• Can you operate a RF scanner?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Homestead, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I had recently filled out the online application for the position, and within a week, I got a call back from an assistant manager to set up an interview. According to the assistant manager, Michaels is a retailer that takes attendance and tardiness very seriously, and they had just let go of several employees for showing up late or not at all.

I was interviewed by the same assistant manager who set it up. He didn't go in-depth over my resume or skills - after looking it over for a minute or so, he just jumped into the usual questions. Indeed, from what was said over the phone and from how laid-back he seemed about the interview and the resume, I had a feeling I might've already been chosen for a position.

The questions I was asked were:
    1) Why should we hire you?
    2) Give me an example of a difficult situation you had with a customer and how you resolved it.
    3) Give me an example of a situation in which you to do multiple tasks simultaneously and how you handled it.
    4) Who do you think is more deserving of a pay increase - someone who has been with the company for 20 years, or someone who works hard?

After the questions, he went over such things as dress code, the attendance policy, pay rate, and other things. I was pretty much hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• #4 above was probably the most unexpected question. My answer was that the one who worked hardest is more deserving of a raise - I reasoned that if the person who's been with the company for 20 years hasn't done enough to earn a pay increase, I have to wonder what he or she is still doing there, and the interviewer I had vocally agreed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate wages, nor do I believe I would've been able to. The interviewer made it clear that one's pay should not be discussed with co-workers, though he told me in confidence that he pays his employees a decent amount above the minimum wage in an attempt to convince them to stay, and that in my case, my college degree gave me a higher starting pay than most other associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

One on one interview with Assistant Manager. Asked a few questions about experience. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negociation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Waynesville, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online and took some sort of iQ test. The manager had me come into a local employment office for the interview. I was basically asked questions like she already planned on hiring me, such as when I am available to work, what I would be paid, how much customer service experience do I have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very easy interview. Was called in, asked next to no questions and hired on the spot. Not that there is much of anything special to do the job, its just not good management style.