Michaels Stores Replenishment Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Hurst, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Previously the only way to apply was by going to the store, but apparently Michaels has contracted with an online hiring company, and now there is an extensive skills/personality test. I received a call the same day to interview the following day. I arrived at the store 10 minutes early and told the cashier who I was, and then I walked around the store for close to half an hour. I finally met with the hiring manager, who seemed kind of stressed and flustered. She told me the hours were starting at 3 or 4 a.m. and asked if I was okay with that, and I agreed. She told me it was "hard, dirty" work unloading the truck, and that it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I was asked some standard questions that were printed on her interview form, such as how would I define initiative and how often I thought someone should be late to work. I was told my test scores were unusually good. She also said that she had other interviews scheduled which she had to do, and that it would be almost a week before letting me know, but that if I didn't hear from her not to get anxious. I sent a note of thanks once I got home that day, and I waited more than a week but never heard anything. The whole thing was basically a waste of time. I wasted a week thinking I would get hired there, when I could have been looking and applying for other jobs. I was fooled by the interviewer because she acted like she was going to hire me. My advice is if they don't hire you on the spot, don't count on it.

Interview Questions

• How would you define initiative?   1 Answer
  • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied to Michael's online. Approximately 5 weeks later I got the call to come in and interview. A manager showed me around the store and briefly explained the system in which they organize the merchandise. Then the actual interview was held in the break room. It lasted less than twenty minutes. I was told that I would get a call after he spoke with the co-manager. I was called about three hours later and offered the position.

My interview was pretty basic:
    Describe world class customer service.
    Do you think employees with seniority should be paid more?
    Why do you want to work at Michael's?
    How would you handle a conflict between you and your manager?

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2012.

Interview

Interview was one-on-one with store manager in the room used for classes. She read from several pages of interview questions. She wrote down my responses.

Some of the questions asked were:
    "Please explain any gaps in employment."
    "What does customer service mean to you?"
    "Explain how you would approach a customer."
    "Why do you want to work for Michael's?"
    "Do you feel promotions should be based on seniority or performance?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had a disagreement with a manager. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because I desired full-time employment and the position was only part-time.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Interviewed by store manager. Positive experience. No hard or too personal questions

Interview Questions

• Questions about problems related to a managers position even if i was applying for framers position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebring, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores (Sebring, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in, had a one on one interview with the store manager, was called back a few days later for orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Middletown, RI).

Interview

Was contacted by phone after filling out an online application. Scheduled an interview for two days later, went in and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't asked a difficult question but was asked to work some very unpleasant hours.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Union City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied though Michael's website and took a personality assessment. Got a call about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. Did the interview and came back a week later with my identification papers and was ready to start working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiation unless you've had experience in retail before. Minimum wage is where they start you off.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Interview

It was all right. Some of the questions was about getting to know you and dedicated you was in the job. It lasted for only 30 minutes and was something to be considered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Downey, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They interview you in the crafts room, its all very causal two managers were there but really only one was conducting the interview. Be prepare to tell them about yourself and why you want to work for Michaels. The whole thing probably didn’t take more then 10 minutes. I found out I got the job an hour later.

Interview Questions

• Where would you recommend two estranged friends to go out to eat? And Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary wasn’t discussed it’s typically minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Goleta, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a brief 20 min one-on-one interview with the store manager. She asked me about 8 -10 questions in the areas of skills, former work experiences, and personality. She took a moment after the interview to ask when I would be able to start and asked if I had any further questions and she said she would contact me as soon as the background check results and paperwork were ready.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you came across an unsatisfied customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer