Michaels Stores

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2011.

Interview Details – I spoke with a lady from the Michaels in Vienna about a potential position working there as a replenishment/sales associate. I got my interview the next day and spoke with the manager there. He was very on point and had me fill out a few forms here and there; one of them being the consent to a background check. I spoke to him about my skill sets and how each unique one would be an asset to the company. After, he offered me the position on the condition that I passed my background check. Two days later, I cleared said background check and started working the next day.

Interview Question – What makes you a good team member and a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He asked me what I would like to receive as compensation for working. I told him anything around 8.50 to 8.75 would be cool. He then offered me 9.25 and jokingly said that I could take the 8.50 if I wanted.

When the manager asks you to describe why you would be a good fit for the company, play to your strengths and work them into helping the company somehow. Creativity, a basis in the art field is a plus.

Gainesville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for sales associate and about a week later I got a call saying they had a replenishment position open. I agreed to interview and the process was super quick. They asked did I know planograms and maybe a couple more questions. The interview was so quick that I thought I did bad and they werent interested however later on that day I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't care what I got 8.25 was good enough for me.

Hagerstown, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was called and asked to come in so that "we could talk" by the store manager. I went in that same day, he offered me the job pretty much immediately with no real interview. I was told I would have "about 20 hours a week" with more towards season, but am only receiving 4-11. Also, I was told about the quick turn around they had for employees in this position.

Interview Question – Was not asked any questions what so ever.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations. I was told the job paid 8.00 an hour and that's all.

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2011.

Interview Details – got a call, got an interview, few simple questions like what my strengths and weaknesses, it was the easiest interview ever. they are fine with you having no experience, it was a good first job I guess

Interview Question – There wasn't really anything unexpected or difficult, it was very straight foward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no. I started at 8.00 an hour

Arlington, TX

Interview Details – Basic, laid back interview. The online application process was harder than a college level SAT, but I don't think they really base a call back on how you do, just finish it. After about the 200th question I just started clicking anything and they still called me after about 2 weeks. Interview questions are basic, like "Tell me about a time where something didn't go right, what'd you do?" type of questions. Was hired on the spot. Had to go back at random times to be set up in the system and for orientation.

Interview Question – Nothing too complicated at all.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – applied online then called not to long after came in was told what the job entailed and if I was interested.

Interview Question – Willing to work at 4 a.m. physical activity.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – The interview process is a fairly simple one. The hiring manager will ask you a few questions about your feelings on customers and waking up early in the morning. Replenishers turnover very quickly, you will be hired as long as you're persistent and accommodating.

Interview Question – There will be no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring process is very vanilla.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase.

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call two days after I applied online. Went in for interview the next day. Interview was very informal. I was asked a few questions about my interest in the store and arts & crafts. I was also asked about initiative, and my work ethic. I basically knew I had the job by the end of the interview, I just needed to pass a background check. After the background check, I was told to come in with my credentials (passport, birth certificate, etc), and then I started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – The assistant manager told me about the positions they were hiring for, the store, and new store manager. She asked me what position I would be best at. She agreed and offered me the job on the spot. Took an about hour and she did most of the talking.

Interview Question – What position best fits you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. I believe all sales, cashier, and replen assosciates start off the same.

Orleans, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call for an interview 4 days later to be held 2 days later. Front end supervisor and replenishment associate both interviewed me at the same time and was fairly laid back. The only issue I've had personally was that they overplayed their "We'll contact you if you're selected." line.

Interview Question – How would you react if you ever disagreed with a manager?   Answer Question

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!