Michaels Stores Replenishment Associate Interview Questions

1.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2013.

I applied online for sales associate and about a week later I got a call saying they had a replenishment position open. I agreed to interview and the process was super quick. They asked did I know planograms and maybe a couple more questions. The interview was so quick that I thought I did bad and they werent interested however later on that day I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know how to do planograms?   View Answer
  • This is an early morning job are you ok with getting up so early?   Answer Question
Didn't care what I got 8.25 was good enough for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2013.

Personal interview and hired

Interview Questions
    • Is management too demanding for the compensation?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

Applied online, got a call to come in about a week and a half later. Had a short one on one with the hiring manager, who offered me a job at the end. Told to come in a few days later with a group to pretty much go over details and specifics of the job. Started work a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • A time your boss told you to do something that you disagreed with   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2012.

Applied online and got an e-mail about a week later telling me to call and set up an interview. The interview was very casual and only about 20 mins. Basically he told me about the job and asked a few questions about. Was offered the job a few hours later when he called me back.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. He told me what they paid and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2012.

I was called and asked to come in so that "we could talk" by the store manager. I went in that same day, he offered me the job pretty much immediately with no real interview. I was told I would have "about 20 hours a week" with more towards season, but am only receiving 4-11. Also, I was told about the quick turn around they had for employees in this position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations. I was told the job paid 8.00 an hour and that's all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Basic, laid back interview. The online application process was harder than a college level SAT, but I don't think they really base a call back on how you do, just finish it. After about the 200th question I just started clicking anything and they still called me after about 2 weeks. Interview questions are basic, like "Tell me about a time where something didn't go right, what'd you do?" type of questions. Was hired on the spot. Had to go back at random times to be set up in the system and for orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2012.

I applied to Michael's online. Approximately 5 weeks later I got the call to come in and interview. A manager showed me around the store and briefly explained the system in which they organize the merchandise. Then the actual interview was held in the break room. It lasted less than twenty minutes. I was told that I would get a call after he spoke with the co-manager. I was called about three hours later and offered the position.

My interview was pretty basic:
    Describe world class customer service.
    Do you think employees with seniority should be paid more?
    Why do you want to work at Michael's?
    How would you handle a conflict between you and your manager?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2012.

I applied online. Previously the only way to apply was by going to the store, but apparently Michaels has contracted with an online hiring company, and now there is an extensive skills/personality test. I received a call the same day to interview the following day. I arrived at the store 10 minutes early and told the cashier who I was, and then I walked around the store for close to half an hour. I finally met with the hiring manager, who seemed kind of stressed and flustered. She told me the hours were starting at 3 or 4 a.m. and asked if I was okay with that, and I agreed. She told me it was "hard, dirty" work unloading the truck, and that it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I was asked some standard questions that were printed on her interview form, such as how would I define initiative and how often I thought someone should be late to work. I was told my test scores were unusually good. She also said that she had other interviews scheduled which she had to do, and that it would be almost a week before letting me know, but that if I didn't hear from her not to get anxious. I sent a note of thanks once I got home that day, and I waited more than a week but never heard anything. The whole thing was basically a waste of time. I wasted a week thinking I would get hired there, when I could have been looking and applying for other jobs. I was fooled by the interviewer because she acted like she was going to hire me. My advice is if they don't hire you on the spot, don't count on it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you define initiative?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you deal with it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

The assistant manager told me about the positions they were hiring for, the store, and new store manager. She asked me what position I would be best at. She agreed and offered me the job on the spot. Took an about hour and she did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. I believe all sales, cashier, and replen assosciates start off the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2011.

I spoke with a lady from the Michaels in Vienna about a potential position working there as a replenishment/sales associate. I got my interview the next day and spoke with the manager there. He was very on point and had me fill out a few forms here and there; one of them being the consent to a background check. I spoke to him about my skill sets and how each unique one would be an asset to the company. After, he offered me the position on the condition that I passed my background check. Two days later, I cleared said background check and started working the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good team member and a good fit for the company?   Answer Question
    He asked me what I would like to receive as compensation for working. I told him anything around 8.50 to 8.75 would be cool. He then offered me 9.25 and jokingly said that I could take the 8.50 if I wanted.

When the manager asks you to describe why you would be a good fit for the company, play to your strengths and work them into helping the company somehow. Creativity, a basis in the art field is a plus.