Michaels Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Dulles, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later from the manager. I came in for an interview the next week and it took about 15 minutes. He asked basic questions but since it was my first job interview, I was very vague about my answers. He was a really chill manager and explained how he liked to manage his employees. He was a huge advocate for the little family he had put together in the store.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions like "tell me about yourself", "if a customer thought you were being bothersome, what would you do?", and "tell me about a time you received bad customer service". The last question he asked me was "What's the number one reason I should hire you today?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

The interview was very easy, with minimal questions that where general. It was one on one with the store manager who basically explained what the job tasks involved. The whole interview itself lasted about thirty minutes of the manager talking about the job and her pet peeves. The job was offered at the end of the interview and asked when I could come back in to fill out paperwork and go through training.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interviewing process was very easy. The store I applied at was hiring at the time so my friend, who was already working there, referred me. Because I had no previous work experience, they asked me about my education and other questions about my personality. I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, was called in about a week or so to come in. The usual questions: Why do you want to work here? What does customer service mean to you? and of course, What crafting do you do?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

This may be an oddball experience, but an old acquaintance of mine was a manager (I had no idea she even worked here) and just so happened to come across my application. I didn't know she would be conducting the interview, much less that she even worked at the store, until I walked in the interviewing room. It was pretty awkward. She had a packet with several formulaic interview questions, such that assess one's customer service skill and behavior ("Describe a time when you had to help an angry customer" or "Do you enjoy working as part of a team?", plenty of "Why or why not?" questions, etc.). But because she knew me, she skipped over a lot of them. Lasted around 5 to 10 minutes. I got a happy call about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a particular question that was difficult or unexpected, just the overall scenario of the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

She called about 1 week later and said, "Uh, we'd like you to be here next Monday for orientation. Is that cool?" and I was like, "Yeah, I guess."

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Did two online assessments after the application. One was timed, the other was not. The timed assessment has math and English multiple choice questions, and the other one just has a personality test (Strongly Agree, Slightly Agree, Neutral, etc.) Still waiting for them to review my application.

Interview Questions

• The online assessment was timed (10 minutes) and has a lot of math and English questions. Be prepared for some word problems too.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Got the job through an agency. Was told to come back the next day as to several managers were conducting interviews. The interview turned out to be a group interview. It's was 5 people per table. From those- only 2 of us were made an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think perfect customer service is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Millbury, MA).

Interview

I filled out an application online and called in about a week later to inquire about the status of it. I got an interview scheduled in about 2 weeks from application submission. Interview was really easy. My manager had me read packets for expected work of a cashier and a sales associate and make sure I could do all of it. He asked me a few basic interview questions. Ex. Tell me about a previous work/school experience where you worked as a team. He pretty much hired me on the spot, told me I did well and would call me in about an hour. Which he did, and he hired me then. I started work after about 3 weeks from when I sent in the application.

Interview Questions

• Honestly all of the questions were very simple. The interview was only about 10 mins long. I can't remember anything sticking out because of how easily they came to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't exactly a negotiation process. He called me and told me he was hiring me, I had to ask what position. He didn't even tell me what the hiring wage was.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

You have to fill out the application online, you can't just hand in resume at the store with the manager. It was a simple interview, about 45 minutes in length, basic interview questions, focused on experience with customer service. They asked the popular questions asked and I had to complete an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• when did you make a change that you were given a resistance from   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I was a little nervous going in for the interview because it was my first. The manager was extremely friendly and after a few minutes, it didn't even seem like an actual interview! In my opinion, it was very laid back and casual, which helped me feel more comfortable when it came time to answer the questions.