Michaels Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.0

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Did two online assessments after the application. One was timed, the other was not. The timed assessment has math and English multiple choice questions, and the other one just has a personality test (Strongly Agree, Slightly Agree, Neutral, etc.) Still waiting for them to review my application.

Interview Questions
  • The online assessment was timed (10 minutes) and has a lot of math and English questions. Be prepared for some word problems too.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Called after completing an online application. In person interview was very basic and less than 15 minutes. Mostly to confirm that you will show up and aren't a total nutcase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2014.

They sat me down and it felt more like I was chatting with a friend, and asked me why I felt I was prepared to work here. There were times when I felt that this interview was more of a getting to know you experience. I was extremely overqualified for the position but had recently been let go by my previous employer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you have had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in January 2013.

Called two weeks after applying and was interviewed at an older store. Sat down with the manager of the older store in their classroom and was asked about previous employers and past experience.

Nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2011.

Only form of hiring process was via online application. Did not call me and when I went into my local store to try and follow up with someone, I was directed to "go apply online".

Interview Questions
    • The online application asked very general questions like something you would be asked in a mock interview at school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsford, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

They only check your resume if you submit it, then go in to check it about a week later. The interview is very basic, you just fill out some paperwork and the assistant manager asks you some basic questions such as "why do you want to work here?" and "do you have experience with art supplies". It's very low-key and low-pressure, and as long as you're polite, you should do well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary. It was the standard "describe your past retail experience" and "do you shop here?"   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. It was for minimum wage and they were set on it only being that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Millbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

I filled out an application online and called in about a week later to inquire about the status of it. I got an interview scheduled in about 2 weeks from application submission. Interview was really easy. My manager had me read packets for expected work of a cashier and a sales associate and make sure I could do all of it. He asked me a few basic interview questions. Ex. Tell me about a previous work/school experience where you worked as a team. He pretty much hired me on the spot, told me I did well and would call me in about an hour. Which he did, and he hired me then. I started work after about 3 weeks from when I sent in the application.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly all of the questions were very simple. The interview was only about 10 mins long. I can't remember anything sticking out because of how easily they came to me.   Answer Question
    There wasn't exactly a negotiation process. He called me and told me he was hiring me, I had to ask what position. He didn't even tell me what the hiring wage was.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

You have to fill out the application online, you can't just hand in resume at the store with the manager. It was a simple interview, about 45 minutes in length, basic interview questions, focused on experience with customer service. They asked the popular questions asked and I had to complete an aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • when did you make a change that you were given a resistance from   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2010.

I put in an application online. I got called about 2 days later from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. I had never really been in the store before and didn't know the dress code and what the appropriate attire would be for an interview. I chose a cardigan, dark wash denim pants, and flats and that seemed to be fine. I went into the interview a few days after the call. It was held in the classroom at the front of the store and the manager was ready to start when I got there. She basically went through my application, asking the same questions that were on there. It was my first job interview ever, so I was extremely nervous, but the manager was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. After we went through the application I was offered the job on the spot and set up when I would come in for my first day.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that would provide a more enjoyable workplace?   View Answer
    At the time of the interview I was living out of town, but getting ready to move into the area for school. The manager was very understanding that I would need some time before I could officially start work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2013.

Interesting interview, nothing specific stood out..

pay was too low

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!