Michaels Stores Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

1.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

I first applied online and waited a week. The hiring manager gave me an interview as soon as I called. About 2 weeks in, I finished my interview and the hiring manager recommended me to the store manager. She showed me the Assistant store manager and said that the store manager would either 1. Call me to get a background check or 2. Call me to go for a second round of interviews. I waited 2 weeks after the interview and finally called back the store. The hiring manager said that the store manager was putting in background tests and would receive the results soon. (Manager never contacted me after interview) I actually got a call/job offer the following day about an hour after.

Interview Questions
  • Questions are very standard.
    They will ask you to tell you about yourself so prepare!
    I'm currently in high school so I had to relate all of the answers back to my clubs and such.
    Some questions include
    1. Tell me about a time when a manager wanted you to do something a different way, but you knew it was inefficient.
    2. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond in "something"
    3. Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer.
      Answer Question
none

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2014.

Submitted an application and received a call about an interview within a couple days. Went in for interview with store manager and the office manager. Very casual and asked questions about previous work experience and crafting skills. Also gave several "what if" scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • If you were helping a customer and another customer was getting agitated that they weren't being helped, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2013.

One interview, Met with the store manager Jason Allen, after the interview I was offered the job because of my experience with customers Jason was very impressed

Interview Questions
    We talked about pay and the partial benefits when I qualify for them. The date at which I would start. Job description, what would be expected of me on a daily basis. What were the best hours for me to work, can I lift and move heavy objects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2013.

I went in for a an interview today. Yes, I was very nervous but there wasn't a reason to be. I had asked someone working in framing and she kindly took me to where the interview was going to take place. I met the regional Manager and the two lovely ladies who were going to interview me. We had a short conversation before they asked me why I was applying at Michaels and if I enjoyed arts and crafts. They then discussed where I would be a best fit in and asked if I was ok with this position. I will go in for orientation soon and start training.

Interview Questions
    One of them told me that I would start at $x/hr and I said it was fine. I'm just grateful they are giving me this chance as this is going to be my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

Received phone call from store manager to set up interview later that week. Went in for interview and was interrupted by other employee's multiple times throughout the interview. Very brief, did not ask too many questions or assess my abilities to perform at the job. Other employee's seemed unhappy and robotic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in January 2012.

Applications only accepted online. Must fill out typical information and then take a lengthy online assessment test of behavior and skills. If chosen a store head or assistant manager will call you for a rather informal interview. Talk about yourself and your reliability. Was hired on the spot and started with an orientation class a week later.