Michaels Stores Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

1.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Avon, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2012.

I was initially contacted by phone. Set up an interview for the next day, I went into the interview confident that I had just aced the interview I had set up and completed with another company and acted as if I didn't need the job (and I did, desperately). I chatted with the store manager and ended up feeling as if I wasn't going to get the job because she did not actually ask any interview questions. I receieved a phone call a day later, in the late evening and she asked me if I was willing to take the job then set me up with an orientation for a seasonal position (which later turned into an official position). I accepted and the whole process took maybe a week and a half.

Interview Questions
  • I was mostly asked questions about myself and we chatted about a town we both had resided in   View Answer
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hanford, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanford, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

They hire me on the spot, the interview process very easy to go though.

Take what ever they give you

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

It was quick they apparently mass hire for the holiday season. I filled out the application then I got a call about a week later for an interview which I set for the next day and started working the next Monday.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Applied online through snagajob and was called the next day for an interview. I arrived early and ended up sitting there for a while. Once the interview started most of the questions were "name a time when..." questions which I had a hard time coming up with answers. I thought I did badly but was called an hour later and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to complete a task that had a lot of difficulties.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

The hiring process started online. I filled out an application on their website and was called in for an interview within the next week or so. I was then asked a few questions and told about the uniform expectations. I was then offered a job and told when to come in. It was a simple process.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question was what to do if you're uncomfortable with a manager as it was a manager asking the question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shrewsbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2009.

There was just the one 1:1 interview. The AM called and scheduled it for a couple days from then. The interview itself took about half an hour. The AM said she was definitely hiring me as long as the background check came back clean and would call me the next day to confirm. She didn't call the next day, so I waited and ended up having to call every day for almost the next week before I got ahold of her. I was then told I had the job and told when to come in for training.

Interview Questions
    Be persistent after the interview! Pay not negotiable at all.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!