Michaels Stores

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hanford, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – They hire me on the spot, the interview process very easy to go though.

Negotiation Details – Take what ever they give you

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was quick they apparently mass hire for the holiday season. I filled out the application then I got a call about a week later for an interview which I set for the next day and started working the next Monday.

Interview Question – None really it was pretty basic   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through snagajob and was called the next day for an interview. I arrived early and ended up sitting there for a while. Once the interview started most of the questions were "name a time when..." questions which I had a hard time coming up with answers. I thought I did badly but was called an hour later and offered the position.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to complete a task that had a lot of difficulties.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details – The hiring process started online. I filled out an application on their website and was called in for an interview within the next week or so. I was then asked a few questions and told about the uniform expectations. I was then offered a job and told when to come in. It was a simple process.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult question was what to do if you're uncomfortable with a manager as it was a manager asking the question.   Answer Question

Shrewsbury, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2009.

Interview Details – There was just the one 1:1 interview. The AM called and scheduled it for a couple days from then. The interview itself took about half an hour. The AM said she was definitely hiring me as long as the background check came back clean and would call me the next day to confirm. She didn't call the next day, so I waited and ended up having to call every day for almost the next week before I got ahold of her. I was then told I had the job and told when to come in for training.

Interview Question – Which of our products do you enjoy using the most?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be persistent after the interview! Pay not negotiable at all.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!