Michaels Stores Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Estero, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estero, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2013.

It was a very basic cookie cutter interview- Why do you want to work here? What can you bring to the team? What do you do in your spare time? How do you handle confrontation in the work place? Tell us about a time when you really shined at your previous job. Stuff like that, no curveballs.

Interview Questions
  • There were literally no difficult questions. It was like they printed average interview questions from the internet.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation. They were very blunt about their low pay and I needed work.

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

I applied online and received a phone call from the Store Manager two weeks later to schedule an interview. The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Mostly basic questions about my work experience and how comfortable I was with customers. I was asked whether I would prefer a Replenishment or Sales position and I chose Sales, which I was offered at the end of the interview. Very low-stress, casual interview for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2010.

I was called for an interview just a day after I submitted my application. I was interviewed by the store manager at the time. Upon my arrival at the store for my interview, I had to ask an associate where to go. They were very pleasant and helped me right away. They led me to the office, where the store manager was waiting for me. I immediately liked him because he was very laid back. He asked a couple of questions and then hired me on the spot. Unfortunately, it was two weeks before I actually started working.

Interview Questions
    • I'm going to need you to smile a lot. Think you can do that?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Riverside, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2013.

Applied through Snag-A-Job on Monday, November 4th. I was called to interview on November 12th. I arrived early and was told to wait in the classroom located in the back of the store. The manager came in and told me about Michaels and the duties of the position. He asked me one question and that was "Why should I hire you?". I explained to him that I had 4 years of customer service experience and during my down time I like to do arts and crafts. I also gave the manager my resume and he seemed very impressed with my college major. He offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you? (This was not difficult nor unexpected)   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate. This may have been it was a seasonal position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  O Fallon, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O Fallon, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2013.

I was called by a manager at a local Michael's store within 5 days of applying although I did apply during the start of the holiday season. I had an interview roughly 2 days later and was surprised at how pleasant the manager was. The application itself was a bit different from normal applications because it first and foremost asked about my creativity. The interview was short and simple, but i was not offered a job as a seasonal sales associate. The manager had actually paid close attention to my application (you would be surprised how many don't care for minimum wage jobs) and offered me a job as a framer and potentially a teacher for their art classes based on my experience in mathematics and fine arts. I went to Michael's looking for something simple and supplemental to my existing job and was surprised at what was offered. The staring pay in minimum ($7.50 for framers), but it has potential to be much more. It may turn out to be exactly what you are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very straightforward and did not have any unexpected or difficult questions. However, I am sure that may vary by manager and location.   Answer Question
    it was a seasonal job so there really was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keller, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Pretty quick, basic tell me about yourself, how do you handle this type of situation, why should I pick you, etc...they really just want to know if you know about arts and crafts to help sales. They tell you right away if you got the job or not and you will slowly turn in paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Since I had previous retail experience they bumped up the pay .75 cents more an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islip, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islip, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

I filled out an application online and within a couple of days was invited in for an interview. The interview was extremely short. Asked a few questions and discussed the uniform, asked if I had any questions. At the end I was told that they were hoping to start people later that week and that I would ear from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in December 2010.

I applied online during September, was called for an interview in October. The interview process was very professional. The store manager was appealed by my work experience, which was alot of customer service jobs. I was told it was seasonal but if they like you they will keep you .

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you provided the best customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

I applied online, got a call two days later, had the interview 4 days after that (it would have been earlier, but it was thanksgiving weekend), and was offered the job on the spot after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to work at Michael's?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think that you would be the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my hours and they seemed very willing to accommodate to my needs.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2009.

I had a one on one interview with a manager. I was being hired as seasonal, was given a description of the job and got a handshake. About two hours later I got a phone call and was offered a position, at which time I was scheduled for an orientation (hiring paperwork). I was not asked any questions about myself or why I was applying for the position during the interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!