Michaels Stores Store Manager Interview Questions

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2010.

Initial contact made by human resource department for phone interview. Had 1 interview with the district manager. Process took about two weeks. Met at a store and had general conversation for about 45 min. Standard process

Got what I asked fo

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Store Manager Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interviewed phone interview with recruiter, met in person with DM, phone interview with rude HR lady, quick phone interview with RVP. All quick easy questions. Very basic.

Interview Questions
    • HR lady tried to be difficult, but she was ineffective at doing so.   Answer Question
    Told the DM what I needed & he said he would try to get it approved & he did.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Very Fast and was very down to earth

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson City, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Worked way up the store, took long time to get job, even though I was already doing the job.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Christiansburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2012.

Interview over phone with Corp rec. Interview with DM in person, DM was not dressed for her position. DM did not sell the company. Poor process in all areas.

Interview Questions
    • How would you adjust o dealing with less volume than your use to.   View Answer
    • I can not pay you what you were making.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2011.

You interview with the a recruiter first over the phone. Then you have a 1:1 interview with the DM. Then you have a phone interview with Zone HR and then the final interview is a phone interview with Zone VP. You will get a lot of behavioral questions. All questions start with "tell me about a time when.........and how did you handle it?"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you accomodate them?   View Answer
    They lowball the first offer. Always negotiate the salary and don't be afraid to ask what you are really worth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2010.

It was a typical recruiter phone call... acted like I was the only one they were looking at. Did not know the specifics of the job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a cashier and a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in January 2009.

1 Recruiter
    1 DM
    1 Store Manager
    1 Regional

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2009.

District HR called to set up the phone interview. She was very polite and friendly. She asked about the current volume the store I worked for did, what were my greatest strengths and weaknesses, why I was interested in leaving the company, what was I looking for in a new company, what did I know about them, had I shopped there before, and then asked me what questions I had. The hardest question is always what is your greatest weakness. When we talked money, it was obvious that I made far too much in salary to be considered.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2008.

Process that rotated me from table to table in a company sponsored process to promote Assistant Managers to Store Managers.

Interview Questions
    • The process was unnecessary, because I didn't even seek a promotion at the time.   Answer Question

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!