Michelin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Mechanical Engineer I
Beirne, AR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michelin in June 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview through an employee referrer. The interview wasn't too difficult. We went over my technical background and leadership background. Then they asked me to solve a few design problems. They wanted to see if you can come up with creative solutions.

Interview Question – Why Michelin?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michelin.

Interview Details – Mostly fit. In Michelin they really look for someone with their same culture. There is also a second GMAT-like step and then a further fit interview.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Paris (France)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Michelin in October 2010.

Interview Details – In France to become a Account Manager, you have to go along a long processus :
The process took place in 3 different steps :
- The first one was a classical interview with a HR manager in Paris (not so many difficulties : please tell us abpout yourself, why you and not another, some sales exercises pretty easy (I had to sell a tent)
- The first one passed, you have to meet 4 people during 1 day at the head quarters in Clermont Ferrand (around 1 month after the first interview) : it's typical - again not so many difficulties just show your real motivation, be honest, show your simplicity and do not pretend to be someone else. The only difficulty is you have to seduce the 4 people to get through the process, so try to be at your best all along the day.
- After 1 or 2 weeks of waiting time you get the answer, and then start your job. The last process is the probation time , which can be really tough if you do not have any knowledge in the tyre company, (some people were not picked because of their lack of work). this 3 months period is more a scholar time than a real work, but yet necessary, so learn as you were at school.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the tyre industry ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my location, in order to do so, you have to show your interest for your position along your probation time, do not be lazy. If people see you are really willing to work, they will provide you a good atmosphere.

Internship Interview

Internship
Clermont-Ferrand (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michelin.

Interview Details – *1st step: A phone interview with general questions about my studies, my personality, the company.

*2nd step: An interview in the HQ with three engineers:
-A lot of technical questions (pump, heat exchanger, heat and mass balance...) You must know perfectly any project you mentioned in your cv
-Motivation questions
-Personality questions
-The career you want to have, which field, why…

They ask the same questions for a job interview but during two days.
Good luck!

Interview Question – Turnover of the company   View Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Michelin in March 2012.

Interview Details – Everything starts with an application.
The next step is that you are contacted by a recrutor from the countrie's head office.
The first interview with the HR is you tipycal "get to know you" type, altough it focuses a bit on the way you think (some questions regarding yuor overall outside the box thinking may pop up - ex. How many legs are in the room, if you are in a boat on a lake with a brick and you drop the brick in the water, what happens to the water lvl - rises, drops or stayes the same? etc.)
The second interview is actually an 8 hour test wich can focused on your thinking mainly and also with psihological evaluation factors (letting you wait, missleading you etc.). The test is comprised of time based IQ exercises (reconstruct the image in a set time, identify the pattern etc) and also 1-2 optimization exercises (you have these pieces and a platfor- what is the optimal number of transports and the optimal batch etc) also there may be an exercies regarding the fluctuation of material stocks.
The third interview is with the HR Director of the site wich may include stress testing.
The fourth is with you potential future boss (work experience duscussions and overall education).
The fifth is with the Production Director
The sixth is with the HR Director for sallary negotiations.

Be advised that interview 2 to 5 may happen in the same day for overall stress resistance evaluation purposes so you may be in for a pretty long day.

Interview Question – Mostly standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary if you catch on when the stress testing begins.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It depends on the person you negotiate with.
The HR Director at that time was a very capable and cunning person and i feel i might have gotten a better deal if i would have held my ground a little bit better but my hat is off to him, no hard feelings to speak of.

It is a tipycal negotiation, they poped an offer and gave me close to a week to reply.

GET

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michelin in October 2012.

Interview Details – A very interesting experience indeed. The shortlisting aptitude test was taken at campus, and that involved basic maths and English. What they seemed to judge us upon, were the 6 essay type questions on your goals, achievements, leadership qualities, vision etc. After getting shortlisted i was interviewed by a French, and the interview went long for about 45 minutes and it was more of an autobiographical type, though all the projects that i had mentioned in my c.v, were asked to be explained. He was also inquisitive about my family background,my upbringing, my vision and goals in life. My next two interviews were taken at Chennai office, the first one by an American & the other one by a French. And they were similar to my first interview.They might test your knowledge about tires, so be prepared. They definitely look for smart, independent and very confident personalities rather than just profiles, whom they can mould according to their requirement. Communication and persuasion skills matter a lot. The interviewers are very very experienced and professional and have interviewed freshers from across the globe. So just be yourself and put on a smiling face.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions as such, only that you should stress upon as to why they should hire you   Answer Question

GET

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Michelin.

Interview Details – Really crisp and clear.
They want Personalities not Profiles.
Moreover, they didnt let me feel the pressure of the "Interview".
A very good experience.

Interview Question – Your long term goal...   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michelin in October 2009.

Interview Details – Everything was well communicated in advance. The company came for placements on the announced date. We had PPT followed by written test and then short-listed candidates were interviewed. There were two-three rounds of PI and then the short-listed ones from that pool were called to Chennai for the final rounds of interview. Acco was provided. Everything went smooth.

Interview Question – Well, as always, all company ask why do you want to join our company. One question was on my choice of taking Mechanical Engineering. And ofcourse, I couldn't say that I didn't get through CompSci, so I took it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – During pre-placement talk we were told an average package but when we received offer letter, it was less than that.

Very Difficult Interview

Fleet Account Manager Interview

Fleet Account Manager
Ahmedabad (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Michelin in January 2008.

Interview Details – Its normal questions they checked your abilites in tranning and according to that they give training

Interview Question – why you want to join this company ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they having standard package for particular position

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Maintenance Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Michelin in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very flexible interview, starts with general written test on campus. then basic hr interview, just don't say you might quit later. then interview at chennai corporate office. just show you will never quit job and they will hire you. they aren't looking for very bright people.

Interview Question – nothing as such.   Answer Question

Worked for Michelin? Contribute to the Community!