Michelin

Michelin Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

Global Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Michelin in November 2014.

Behavior Interviews at college recruiting event followed by onsite follow up with behavior interviews with 4 different people. After interview selection I was interviewed 1 on 1 with a recruiter. Questions were behavioral and listed. Recruiter was happy I did research on the company and was able to talk smart about Michelin. Called back for follow-up interviews at the N. American headquarters in Greenville, SC several weeks later. Performed 4 more behavioral interviews on-site along with a lunch interview and tour of the area. Lots on time for questions during these interviews. Overall, questions were not difficult as long as you have leadership experience.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior questions relating to dealing with those you have no direct authority over and process improvement.   Answer Question

Loader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Michelin in May 2011.

I went to to interview for the summer intern position. The interview started with just basic small talk, which lasted for about 5 minutes. Once the actual interviewing process began the questions were very general and the interviewer asked probing questions about a few of my answers. Overall, the interview was easy.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you made a mistake and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beirne, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beirne, AR

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michelin in June 2010.

I got the interview through an employee referrer. The interview wasn't too difficult. We went over my technical background and leadership background. Then they asked me to solve a few design problems. They wanted to see if you can come up with creative solutions.

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Michelin in October 2014.

Hired through a recruitment agency, with an initial interview through them before an assessment centre at Michelin. Assessment centre involved a group exercise, one on one interview and various psychometric tests. A challenging day but enjoyable as the staff are genuinely interested in getting to know you and how well you would settle in to the company. I was invited back for a second interview a week later and a tour of the site and was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible for this position as it was a graduate scheme.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Michelin.

Mostly fit. In Michelin they really look for someone with their same culture. There is also a second GMAT-like step and then a further fit interview.

Stage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont-Ferrand (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont-Ferrand (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Michelin.

*Première étape : entretien téléphonique avec des questions générales sur mes études, ma personnalité, l'entreprise

*deuxième étape : un entretien au siège avec trois ingénieurs :

- beaucoup de questions techniques (pompe, échangeur thermique, chaleur et équilibre de poids...) Il faut connaître sur le bout des doigts chaque projet mentionné dans votre CV

- questions de motivation

- question sur votre personnalité

- la carrière qui vous intéresse, quel domaine, etc...

Ils ont posé les mêmes questions pour un entretien d'embauche mais pendant deux jours.

Bonne chance !

*1st step: A phone interview with general questions about my studies, my personality, the company.

*2nd step: An interview in the HQ with three engineers:
    -A lot of technical questions (pump, heat exchanger, heat and mass balance...) You must know perfectly any project you mentioned in your cv
    -Motivation questions
    -Personality questions
    -The career you want to have, which field, why…

They ask the same questions for a job interview but during two days.
    Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Roulement du personnel dans l'entreprise   Turnover of the company   View Answer

GET Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Michelin.

Really crisp and clear.
    They want Personalities not Profiles.
    Moreover, they didnt let me feel the pressure of the "Interview".
    A very good experience.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Michelin in October 2012.

A very interesting experience indeed. The shortlisting aptitude test was taken at campus, and that involved basic maths and English. What they seemed to judge us upon, were the 6 essay type questions on your goals, achievements, leadership qualities, vision etc. After getting shortlisted i was interviewed by a French, and the interview went long for about 45 minutes and it was more of an autobiographical type, though all the projects that i had mentioned in my c.v, were asked to be explained. He was also inquisitive about my family background,my upbringing, my vision and goals in life. My next two interviews were taken at Chennai office, the first one by an American & the other one by a French. And they were similar to my first interview.They might test your knowledge about tires, so be prepared. They definitely look for smart, independent and very confident personalities rather than just profiles, whom they can mould according to their requirement. Communication and persuasion skills matter a lot. The interviewers are very very experienced and professional and have interviewed freshers from across the globe. So just be yourself and put on a smiling face.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions as such, only that you should stress upon as to why they should hire you   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turin (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turin (Italy)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Michelin in April 2012.

The hiring process consisted in three different logical and personality written test. Then it moved on individual interview regarding personal objectives, company knowledge and previous experience. It ended with a broad resumé review.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what's for me the meaning of long term and what are my main goals for the long term.   Answer Question

Operation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michelin in March 2012.

written test,personal interview,4 number of technical rounds