Michelin North America Industrial Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Michelin North America in October 2011.

-Applied Online
-Preliminary Phone Interview
-Headquarters interview including personal interview, "technical" interview, 1 hr long math problem, finishing with a group problem solving session with other interviewees
-Onsite interview with management with generally the same type of questions from the headquarters interview
-Offer given hours after the onsite interview

Interview Questions
  • There were a lot of questions regarding previous work experience, particularly with regard to innovative solutions.   Answer Question
Not much room for negotiation, particularly as it relates to pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Michelin North America

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Michelin North America in December 2013.

The interview for this position was conducted in three phases:

1) Phone interview: this was fairly straightforward, lasting about an hour with the usual run of the mill questions (what are your strengths/weaknesses, tell me about yourself, etc.) In addition, be prepared to solve an IE problem (keep a computer or pen/paper handy for this). After this, I was immediately told I would be sent to the next step.

2) Interview at Michelin HQ, Greenville SC: this is an all day interview and travel arrangements/car/hotel are provided by Michelin. There is first a presentation and then candidates are separated and sent around to different interviewers. Questions revolves primarily around your resumé and background. Additionally, there is an IE pre-test, which takes about an hour and may take you off guard if you're not familiar with the IE field. After lunch, there is a team-building exercise - make sure you ask the operator for more information. We were given a week to find out whether or not we'd made it to the next step.

3) Interview at local plant: the last step is an interview at the local plant. This is a plant tour with mostly casual introductions and has a "get-to-know-you" type feel. The only exception is an interview with the hiring manager, which is filled with cookbook type questions. After this, I was not told when I might next be contacted or given any follow-on information. Two weeks later I received a generic form e-mail stating there were no positions available.

Interview Questions
    • There is an industrial engineering type exam given at the Michelin HQ   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Michelin North America.

Interview is everything you would expect. Very informal.

Interview Questions
    • Apparently saying family is the most important thing in your life is the wrong answer as that is why I didnt get the job.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michelin North America in April 2010.

First Interview was a phone interview. Then you will be brought down to Greenville, SC to interview against other applicants. The end of this interview will involve a group exercise where you will be able to demonstrate your abilities to work well with others. The last interview will be a on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • There will be a problem solving test during the Greenville, SC interview   Answer Question
    The email you an offer.

Industrial Engineer Interview

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Michelin North America in May 2009.

First stage was a phone interview and a personality/IQ test. They went OK.

After a long period (over six weeks), they moved to a face to face at their corporate headquarters. It was a four stage interview, two face to face, and two skills tests. Group skill set - be sure to ask "operator" what the product is that needs constructed. Show working together.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moncton, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Michelin North America in May 2008.

It took 8 months to be hired. Several interviews with separate skill test and personalty test. Final interview was at the Plant with 6 senior managers just before getting offer letter.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, I was satisfied with the offer.

Industrial Engineer Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Michelin North America in April 2011.

Long interviewing process, got a call after 7 months of meeting with the recruiting team. After that a phone interview, an IQ and personality test lasting aprox. 1.5 hours I was invited to interview at HQ. After passing that interview I interviewed at the place that they had the oppening.

Interview Questions

Worked for Michelin North America? Contribute to the Community!