Michelin North America

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Michelin North America in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview for this position was conducted in three phases:

1) Phone interview: this was fairly straightforward, lasting about an hour with the usual run of the mill questions (what are your strengths/weaknesses, tell me about yourself, etc.) In addition, be prepared to solve an IE problem (keep a computer or pen/paper handy for this). After this, I was immediately told I would be sent to the next step.

2) Interview at Michelin HQ, Greenville SC: this is an all day interview and travel arrangements/car/hotel are provided by Michelin. There is first a presentation and then candidates are separated and sent around to different interviewers. Questions revolves primarily around your resumé and background. Additionally, there is an IE pre-test, which takes about an hour and may take you off guard if you're not familiar with the IE field. After lunch, there is a team-building exercise - make sure you ask the operator for more information. We were given a week to find out whether or not we'd made it to the next step.

3) Interview at local plant: the last step is an interview at the local plant. This is a plant tour with mostly casual introductions and has a "get-to-know-you" type feel. The only exception is an interview with the hiring manager, which is filled with cookbook type questions. After this, I was not told when I might next be contacted or given any follow-on information. Two weeks later I received a generic form e-mail stating there were no positions available.

Interview Question – There is an industrial engineering type exam given at the Michelin HQ   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied online and interviewed at Michelin North America.

Interview Details – Interview is everything you would expect. Very informal.

Interview Question – Apparently saying family is the most important thing in your life is the wrong answer as that is why I didnt get the job.   View Answer

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michelin North America in April 2010.

Interview Details – First Interview was a phone interview. Then you will be brought down to Greenville, SC to interview against other applicants. The end of this interview will involve a group exercise where you will be able to demonstrate your abilities to work well with others. The last interview will be a on-site interview.

Interview Question – There will be a problem solving test during the Greenville, SC interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The email you an offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Industrial Engineer

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Michelin North America in May 2009.

Interview Details – First stage was a phone interview and a personality/IQ test. They went OK.

After a long period (over six weeks), they moved to a face to face at their corporate headquarters. It was a four stage interview, two face to face, and two skills tests. Group skill set - be sure to ask "operator" what the product is that needs constructed. Show working together.

Interview Question – What can you do for the company?   View Answer

Moncton, NB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Michelin North America in May 2008.

Interview Details – It took 8 months to be hired. Several interviews with separate skill test and personalty test. Final interview was at the Plant with 6 senior managers just before getting offer letter.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I was satisfied with the offer.

Industrial Engineer

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Michelin North America in April 2011.

Interview Details – Long interviewing process, got a call after 7 months of meeting with the recruiting team. After that a phone interview, an IQ and personality test lasting aprox. 1.5 hours I was invited to interview at HQ. After passing that interview I interviewed at the place that they had the oppening.

Interview Question – A quality that identifies you.   Answer Question

Worked for Michelin North America? Contribute to the Community!