Michelin North America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.9

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Michelin North America in October 2011.

-Applied Online
    -Preliminary Phone Interview
    -Headquarters interview including personal interview, "technical" interview, 1 hr long math problem, finishing with a group problem solving session with other interviewees
    -Onsite interview with management with generally the same type of questions from the headquarters interview
    -Offer given hours after the onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of questions regarding previous work experience, particularly with regard to innovative solutions.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation, particularly as it relates to pay.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Michelin North America in June 2010.

You go through several interviews with Michelin personnel. It's not very difficult just very long and drawn out. The interview process becomes a little boring because every ask the same questions. Michelin also does a phone interview that last for about 30 mins than they invite you in for a face to face group interview. Once you complete the interview process they make you a offer then you begin a 10 week training with the first two days visiting with a rep in the field.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in detail, the process was not very challenging just long.   Answer Question

Yes, but the offer was a lot less than I expected.

Seniorl Product Development Engineer Interview

Two interviews two weeks apart. Not technically challenging. First one was on campus, second at their greenville, sc location. people were nice and greenville is nice too. Buildings and equipment seem up to date although they are still running XP - lol

oh, i was supposed to negotiate?

Pipeline Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Michelin North America in December 2010.

Very easy interview process - did an on-campus interview which was personable, then was asked to do a personality-type questionnaire. After this, I got invited to Greenville to do an interview: I had 3 or 4 interviewers asking typical questions (not difficult) and then lunch. Had an offer within an hour of leaving the office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your biggest struggle and how you overcame it?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate but I should've (I will leave it at that).

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michelin North America in March 2012.

Very straightforward. I met with my potential boss as well as the department head as well as a few other senior managers in the department. They were gracious, kind and really open to getting to know me and seeing what I had to offer.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Michelin North America in February 2014.

I first met with them at a job fair. I had 1 on campus interview, 1 phone interview, and 3 interviews (in the same day) on site. Interviews were fairly straight forward. They were really helpful in giving lots of information about the company and about what work would be like.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Michelin North America in March 2014.

Simple straight forward process.
    First you start with a phone interview and if that goes well they will invite you to the HQ in greenville. Once there you will meet some of the other people applying for the position that are interviewing the same day. You will have three different interviews all back to back then a lunch with the interviewers and HR.
    Straight forward interviews no curve balls. Do a little research on the company and be confident if your abilities, its for a sale position after all.

They do background checks and hair drug tests.

Interview Questions
    Little to no room for negotiations.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

interviewed at Michelin North America in March 2011.

Alright - You have a telephone interview and then a one day in person interview with three or more managers. Be ready to have a start date a month or more away and be acceptable to move anywhere in America.

Interview Questions
    • It is all discussion/conversation type interview with some behavioral questioning. Hardest part is staying enthusiastic during the multiple interviews in a day.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michelin North America.

There is a phone interview and on-site interview. Someone would call you beforehand to set up an appointment for the phone interview, so you will have plenty of time to prepare for the phone interview. It was a 30 minute phone interview that pretty much going over your resume. Then, you would have to do an online assessment. Then, the same interviewer would call and set you up for an onsite interview (typically at the HQ or the R&D center for an engineering position-both are in Greenville, SC). They would pay for all your expenses to get there. The onsite interview would take all morning, going through 4 interviewers (most likely, there would be 3 other people there too and you would rotate with the 4 interviewers). Each of them would interview you in different aspect, like technical skills, personality, education. It is not particularly hard as long as you know what you saying and research the company well enough before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a failure and what you learn from it.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ardmore, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Michelin North America in September 2013.

Went to University career fair and got an interview on the spot after talking to recruiter. The interview was the next day, also on camps. Interview process was really generic questions and the recruiter talked about Michelin a majority of the time.

Interview Questions

Worked for Michelin North America? Contribute to the Community!