Michelin North America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

Logistics Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Michelin North America.

It was a very relaxed interview. All of the interviewers were very personable. They seemed as if they were really interested in my candidacy. There was one initial screening over the phone, followed by two more follow up interviews all over the phone. They asked typical behavioral interviewing questions. Nothing shocking.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michelin North America.

3 phase, on site interview. 1st was a timed test. It is more to see how you react to stress. I did horrible in completing it however, as long as you can handle the criticism after/during the test, you'll be fine. 2nd and 3rd phases are 1on1 type interviews. Typical questions. They ask you about past projects where you improved a process. After all that, you have lunch with people who you interviewed with. This is a test in how you interact with people.

CAD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Michelin North America.

Phone interview first. Then set up an onsite interview in Greenville, SC. 3 hour long interviews with managers and HR. Lunch with someone in a similar position and age in the onsite cafeteria. After lunch, one additional 1 hour long interview. Really tried to sell the company "culture" about making the employees happy.

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michelin North America in November 2014.

The interview process was highly organized and convenient. Michelin arranged and paid for flights, a hotel, and a rental car. The night prior to the interview I was taken out to dinner by a mid to senior level Michelin employee and was given the chance to ask questions and discuss the company and the position in a comfortable environment. The following day I attended the interview at the headquarters building. It was a three part interview. The first part consisted of a practical test to ensure that I had the basic aptitude to be trained as an IE. The second part consisted of a face to face interview with an individual from the HR department consisting of the standard questions you would expect. The final part was a face to face with a Senior IE Manager where we discussed a project I had worked on in detail. After the interview process was complete I headed to the airport. I received a phone call from their HR department prior to boarding the airplane with an excellent job offer. Sadly, due to other circumstances I was not able to accept the position. Overall the interview and hiring process was better than anything I could have expected.

Interview Questions
    • The practical application test was more difficult than I expected, but in the end they were looking for aptitude to learn rather than the ability to get the perfect answer.   Answer Question

Personal circumstances

Performance Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Michelin North America in November 2014.

I applied online and after a phone screening I was invited to Michelin's MARC (Michelin Americas Research Corp) facility in Greenville. I am a PhD candidate so I gave a 1 hour talk about my research, and used that as an opportunity to sell my skills to Michelin. Next I had 4 1 hour interviews, each with a person having a PhD, and lunch with an engineer who was my age. The night prior, Michelin arranged a local realtor to show me Greenville and dinner with another engineer.

Interview Questions
    • I was describing a physical process in my research, and ended up on the topic of why the sky is blue   View Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Michelin North America in November 2014.

Phone interview and then if you pass that you get flown out to Greenville and meet the recruiter and three other managers. You interview for about an hour with each of the three managers. They are getting an idea of whether or not you are a good fit for Michelin. Somewhat informal. Interviewers spent a good deal of time talking about what Michelin has to offer. After the three interviews you have lunch with the recruiter, the other candidates, and the interviewers. It's hard to pinpoint what they are looking for, as I felt very at ease during the interview, and I thought for sure I had the job. Surprised when I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, didn't get a single behavioral question, very open conversations.   Answer Question

Seniorl Product Development Engineer Interview

Two interviews two weeks apart. Not technically challenging. First one was on campus, second at their greenville, sc location. people were nice and greenville is nice too. Buildings and equipment seem up to date although they are still running XP - lol

oh, i was supposed to negotiate?

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michelin North America.

There is a phone interview and on-site interview. Someone would call you beforehand to set up an appointment for the phone interview, so you will have plenty of time to prepare for the phone interview. It was a 30 minute phone interview that pretty much going over your resume. Then, you would have to do an online assessment. Then, the same interviewer would call and set you up for an onsite interview (typically at the HQ or the R&D center for an engineering position-both are in Greenville, SC). They would pay for all your expenses to get there. The onsite interview would take all morning, going through 4 interviewers (most likely, there would be 3 other people there too and you would rotate with the 4 interviewers). Each of them would interview you in different aspect, like technical skills, personality, education. It is not particularly hard as long as you know what you saying and research the company well enough before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a failure and what you learn from it.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Michelin North America in March 2014.

Simple straight forward process.
    First you start with a phone interview and if that goes well they will invite you to the HQ in greenville. Once there you will meet some of the other people applying for the position that are interviewing the same day. You will have three different interviews all back to back then a lunch with the interviewers and HR.
    Straight forward interviews no curve balls. Do a little research on the company and be confident if your abilities, its for a sale position after all.

They do background checks and hair drug tests.

Interview Questions
    Little to no room for negotiations.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Michelin North America in February 2014.

I first met with them at a job fair. I had 1 on campus interview, 1 phone interview, and 3 interviews (in the same day) on site. Interviews were fairly straight forward. They were really helpful in giving lots of information about the company and about what work would be like.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly behavioral based questions.   Answer Question