Michigan State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.6

Sparty's Operatoins Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

Very informal. It was extremely hard to get an interview even though I was told on many accounts by other managers that I was over qualified for the position. The manager for this position did not return my phone calls and emails until a fellow student/employee continuously reminded him. Interview was quick and basically asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No opportunity for negotiation

Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

Interviewed in person with the OC and a student supervisor. Was called into the OC's office at a time that worked for me. Started with basic questions, I.E. work experience and reasons for applying. Went on to situational prompts. Apparently they always ask interviewees if they would still be interested even if they took away the 'homework at the desk' privilege.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a parent came to the desk demanding something to be done?   1 Answer

Service Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan State University.

Interview

Ten minute interview, basic questions at first, then they turn into STAR questions. They give a vague scenario. You prove the Situation, the Task at hand, the Action you took, and the Results.

Interview Questions

• We don't always get things right. Please let us know one time you had overlooked a detail. What happened and what was the result?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michigan State University.

Interview

it was a simple chat. we met at the office and we went over my resume. We first began with a behavioral type interview where we talked about what I liked to do for fun, and what I am studying at school. It was really easy going. Then we talked about my resume. We went over the various projects and discussed my love for data analytics, and talked about how I could be a good fit for the role that was open.

Interview Questions

• What technical projects have you worked in?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

Standard hiring process. There was a long application that comes out in November with multiple essays. Make sure to talk to an RA that is currently working to help read and go through your application. They then weed people out if they do not me a cumulative 2.75 GPA after that semester. After that most people go on to the interview. The interview process does not change and it is a very poor process. Applicants only get 2 interviews and only one of those (the one with the Community Director) really matter. There is also a group process, but that really does not matter just don't do anything stupid in that interview (like use a weapon or something). In order to guarantee yourself a position make sure you suck up to the Community Director in the neighborhood or dorm you want to work. Otherwise it can be a crap shoot. They will notify you in 3 weeks from when you interview. Good Luck and if you don't get it, realize that there are better places to work on campus OR feel free to try again next year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a situation that was challenging for you. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are replaceable, you do not get to negotiate

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then a lengthy process to hear about the interview. They scheduled an interview with a group of people, then a second with the direct people that I will be working with.

Interview Questions

• We think you are overqualified for this position. Please explain why you are not.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michigan State University.

Interview

Was referred for the position by a friend. Sent my resume to MSU and heard back within a few days. Met in person with the Project Director, interview was only about half an hour, very casual and laidback. Enjoyed the experience. Would recommend this job to a friend. Laidback environment and a lot of autonomy to do your job.

Lead PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel testing knowledge and know-how for 1-1.5 hours. Panel consisted of lead department directors, meeting with client (the College) Dean's and reference check and validationPanel testing knowledge and know-how for 1-1.5 hours. Panel consisted of lead department directors, meeting with client (the College) Dean's and reference check and validationPanel testing knowledge and know-how for 1-1.5 hours. Panel consisted of lead department directors, meeting with client (the College) Dean's and reference check and validation

Interview Questions

• Know your stuff, don't go in blind. refresh on all web technologies as you will be implementing and designing systems of management for all of them, Especially if you are on sole lead developer Projects.   Answer Question

Accountant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan State University in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was a mixture of technical and behavioral questions. Total of 3 people asking questions. Most questions were accounting specific or moral specific. The people were so friendly and interactive during the process. Following interview there was a brief skills test on a spreadsheet that had errors and corrections were to be made.

Interview Questions

• In your current position, what accounting practices and procedures do you perform on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Michigan State University.

Interview

The interview was pretty grueling process. Also I was't feeling well at the time. I was coming down with a cold and felt pretty tired throughout. But people were nice enough to understand and let me finish earlier that scheduled.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much