Michigan State University Interview Questions in Michigan

2.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Michigan State University.

After an interview to the professor and post-doctoral scholar (in the horticulture department), I received and e-mail response. We corresponded briefly, and set and interview date. The interview took place in the laboratory, and I was asked about past experience, why I wanted to work in the lab, etc. All in all, a very laid back process that was lead by the post-doctorate scholar and another research associate.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall exactly, however, a couple of questions were asked about laboratory procedures. Most were basic, such as understanding sterile technique.   Answer Question
    I was asked if the hourly lab wage was acceptable, and the paper-work for hire began the following day. It took a few of weeks for M.S.U to process a new hire and for the lab to complete the paperwork on funding.

HP Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Michigan State University in March 2012.

Hiring moved at a glacial pace. Several hoops to jump through. Lots of forced smiles and extreme egos bouncing off one another. Interview consisted of teaching a class, tons of meetings, phony wine and dining at a cheap college hangout where the faculty members gossiped amongst themselves about their terrible students peccadilloes. Yes! at an interview!

Interview Questions
    • From a potential colleague: "How are you about handling an emotional crisis from students of a sexual nature?"   Answer Question
    worst pay of the big 10 schools. I was offered a 3 year contract, so I knew that I had to negotiate before signing. Coming from the private sector with a salary history 3 times what their low-ball offer was, I managed to only get them up by 5K. They offered a meager 1k for relocation expenses.

Student Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Michigan State University in October 2011.

Very relaxed interview process since I've already worked with everyone in my department.

Interview Questions
    • Many "what would you do" questions for weird situations. But it's helpful because those situations do come up quite often.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Michigan State University in March 2009.

I was asked about my resume and several things in my personal statement.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Michigan State University in December 2008.

It was about the research I was doing for my Masters thesis

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you are doing for your Master's thesis ?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider working in that area or you want to change ?   Answer Question

Residential Twch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Michigan State University in April 2010.

I submitted a resume and was called to fill in an application. I was interviewed and immediately hired .

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle autistic, behaviorly challenged clients?   View Answer

Information Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Michigan State University in August 2008.

Asked a bunch of questions from the people working in the office. Once they finished all their questions they told me I was hired on the spot

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Michigan State University in August 2010.

Interview consisted of a series of questions of which I was to answer with a situation I had faced the action I took on that task and the results of my actions. There were a variety of questions that were rather general but dealt with many different topics like dealing with others, going above and beyond, and difficulties faced.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone you didn't see eye to eye with?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Michigan State University in March 2010.

Go listen to professors research all day, and if you're lucky you may get to briefly describe any research that you have done in the past. If you ask questions and do not fall asleep, you will be fine. If you are interviewing as a prospective, you can pretty much consider yourself accepted

there is none

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Michigan State University in May 2011.

The entire staff were very professional and welcoming. It was an enjoyable interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging work scenario you have encountered and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Received offer in more desirable location.

Worked for Michigan State University? Contribute to the Community!