Michigan Surgical Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Associate Sales Representative
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michigan Surgical Products in August 2009.

Interview Details – I found the organization and all of the members of the hiring process extremely professional. The previous reviewer seems to be unaware and/or uninformed. I found the 'situational' interview questions (such as the STAR technique) applicable to the device industry. I hope to get the call that I have made it to the final round this week!

Interview Question – Tell me about one of your most successful sales experiences? STAR   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Medical Sales Rep Interview

Associate Medical Sales Rep
Grand Rapids, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Michigan Surgical Products in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted to have an interview one week before the interview date. Plenty of time to prepare. The HR director was excellent at making sure I had the appropriate time and place of the interview. I went to the interview and was met by the Manager I would be working for. We introduced each other and got down to business. Right off the bat I could tell he hadn't reviewed any of my credentials. He started telling me what his company sold and how they worked. I had 4 years selling that type of equipment if he would have looked at my resume - I had to inform him of that because we would have been there all day. He told me he came from a pharmaceutical background and went to manager after 2 years in. Toooooo early for a person to be manager. Then he started asking me a bunch of STAR questions. I again interruped him and said let's talk about what you are looking for and what I can bring to the table ( we were only 1/2 way throught his questions!) I decided at that time he was not a manager that could lead me anywhere unless I was blindfolded. I was then taken to the HR Manager and we talked. The HR Manager was very professional and on top of it. I would take direction from him. I told him at that time that I don't believe we have a fit. He understood. I left and got a call four days later from the HR Manager saying they were moving ahead with someone else. Thank goodness!

Interview Question – All of the usual STAR questions that didn't apply, especially to medical device.   Answer Question

Worked for Michigan Surgical Products? Contribute to the Community!