Michigan Tech

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Houghton, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michigan Tech in August 2012.

Interview Details – My advisor forwarded me an email that the professor teaching the class needed some TAs, so I sent an email back saying that I was interested. She agreed to meet me less than a week later. The process was very easy, and I'm not sure it would even qualify as an interview, or be more of an informational meeting to let me know what would be expected of me during the course of the class.

Interview Question – There wasn't really anything unexpected or difficult. As stated above, the interview mostly consisted of what would be expected of me, and whether I would be able to meet the time requirements. I did have to decide what days I wanted to teach lab though, that was a little difficult, since I was free almost any day during the week.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Houghton, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michigan Tech in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Professor itself. Small interview process with lots of questions on your undergrad work. More conversation from prof side, explaining the work culture in Michigan Tech and my future work under him. Next day had lab tour, he explained all the work and project undergoing in the lab, gave a short presentation on the lab equipments.

Interview Question – Didn't find any, interview was easy.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee
Houghton, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Michigan Tech in October 2010.

Interview Details – Talk with the housing office. Not much of an interview

Negotiation Details – -

Orientation Team Leader Interview

Houghton, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michigan Tech.

Interview Details – Went to an information session, filled out a couple short essay questions and then went onto the interview process. Pretty generic interview, had 2 people interview me, one staff member and a student employee. Pretty standard interview questions, strengths/weaknesses, leadership experience, etc.

Interview Question – Most challenging experience you have had.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Houghton, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michigan Tech in March 2011.

Interview Details – unexpected phone interview. Talking about 30 min about the research.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Housing.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Michigan Tech in November 2011.

Interview Details – Depends on the Professor applied to.

Interview Question – Are you sure you want to do your PhD on this topic?   View Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Michigan Tech in February 2010.

Interview Details – it was straight forward, first phone interview, then on-campus

Interview Question – do you like snow?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Michigan Tech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michigan Tech interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Michigan Tech employees and interview candidates.